Heroes

Hello Teens

"Oh my God, I forgot I had PE today! HaEun, did you bring any makeup?" Cried YeonHee frantically.

 
"No.. Mine is at our room..." HaEun trailed off.
 
"Dang it!" YeonHee abruptly stopped and turned to the other girls. "Do you guys have any money left? We need to buy concealer." 
 
"I have a few hundred wons.." RaeSang reached into her bag.
 
"Here! I have 2000 wons!" Halla pushed the amount to YeonHee's hand.
 
"How much is the concealer?" Asked JiHye, shaking her wallet to reveal all its contents, only two 100 won coins and a single sheet of 1000 won bill. 
 
"Last time it was 10 000 won.." Sighed YeonHee. "Come on, guys! I only have 500 wons!" 
 
"Here's 2000 wons! Sorry, that's the only thing I have left..." NaRi gave every single penny left in her wallet. "How much do we have now?"
 
"Err... We have 300 from RaeSang, 2000 from Halla, 1200 from JiHye, 2000 from you, which makes 5500 plus 500 from me that makes it equal to 6000 won in total."
 
"YeonHee eonnie, I don't have any money left.." Admitted HaEun, embarrassed. 
 
"Huh? How come? What did you buy?" Inquired YeonHee mercilessly.
 
"Well..." She started,"I actually had 5000 won but I gave it to a beggar we passed a few minutes ago.."
 
"Ah, HaEun..." YeonHee heaved a sigh, rubbing her temples.
 
"Oh well, what can we do about it?" Commented JiHye. 
 
"Ah, I know! Just buy a mask! I'm sure it wont cost that much!" Suggested Halla. 
 
"But all of us need to wear it, otherwise it'll be too obvious." Said NaRi.
 
"Hopefully we have enough money to buy two packs of three.." YeonHee bit her bottom lip.
 
"We do, we do! Come on, we don't have much time!" RaeSang pulled on YeonHee's sleeve.
 
***
 
"Welcome ho-MY GOD!" Screamed Tao. 
 
"What? What? What?" Chanyeol scrambled to the door. 
 
"You look like that japanese ghost!" Tao yelled, frightened. 
 
"Why are you all wearing masks?" Asked Xiumin.
 
"Pollution." YeonHee answered shortly, then proceeded to walk into their shared room.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo." HaEun bowed, voice muffled because of the mask she was wearing. Despite the situation, she did not forget the lesson her mother has always been strict about; respect. 
 
***
That night, they all gathered in the living room to eat dinner together. They ordered bulgogi, rice, kimchi stew, and some rice cakes. While they were eating, HaEun splattered some of the stew into her eye. 
 
"Ow.." She whimpered, wiping her left eye, unconsciously erasing the makeup that was covering her gigantic bruise. 
 
"Here, Ha-" Luhan stopped in the middle of his sentence as he handed a sheet of tissue to HaEun. 
 
"Wh-what happened?" He asked her, lifting her chin up to get a better view of the injury. 
 
The other girls seemed distraught as HaEun glanced at them, asking for permission to concede the truth. Finally, after a long moment of hesitation the said girl spoke up. 
 
"NaRi eonnie got picked on Yesterday, and I stood up for her. Unfortunately, those bullies were asking for a fight so I guess I had no other choice.. I'm lucky YeonHee eonnie was there to help me." She smiled. 
 
"So.. Does that mean you're hiding a wound too?" Asked Kris, looking at YeonHee this time. 
 
"Yeah, here. It's really not a big deal.." Confessed YeonHee, pointing at her chin. 
 
"Is this why you've been acting weird, NaRi?" Asked Kai.
 
NaRi sighed,"I just didn't want to look weak.."
 
"What makes you think that?"
 
She began to tear up, "Well, considering I'm older than them, I should be the one protecting them, not the other way around."
 
Kai wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "It's okay, it doesn't always have to be like that. Tao protects all of us with his wushu thing, even if he's part of the maknae line."
 
"Pfft, 'jebal~ jebal~' " Teased Baekhyun, imitating Tao. 
 
"Says the one who screamed like a lady!" Retorted Tao, not ready to lose.
 
"Anyways," Suho added, pausing for a while to wait for the other two to shut up, "you're hurt." Suho added.
 
"I'm just embarrassed, I guess.” Surprisingly, NaRi leaned up to peck Kai’s cheek. “Kamsahabnida, oppa-deul for making me feel a lot better!” 
 
“What? Kai already got a kiss!” Exclaimed Chen, eyes as wide as D.O’s
 
“Oh yeah, I forgot all about the mis-“ Chanyeol was interrupted.
 
“Shh!!” 
 
“What?” Asked Halla.
 
“Nothing, Yeollie here’s just bluffing!” Baekhyun grimaced at her, then turned to Chanyeol with a serious face and smacked his arm.
 
D.O’s POV
 
NaRi was my only hope.. I guess now I have to get it from the someone else's girl.

 

OOOH DAMN! So here's an early update for all of my lovely subscribers! Take this as a sorry gift from me because I was so late in updating and the last update was horrible :(

 
applepie1068