Eight

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Eight

"How many times do I need to see you in a year, Junniel? You caught a cold every fortnightly. You had fever almost every month. You injured yourself at least three times in a year without fail. And every time things like that happened, you don't come and see me right away." Dr. Lee, her family doctor nagged right after he saw her at his hospital. Junniel is his most difficult patient that he ever met.

 

Junniel grinned. What else she can do when her doctor nagged in front of the boys. "It's not like I wish for it, Doc."

 

"Do you know how we worried about you when we saw you fall from up there? Instead of treating your injury right away, you choose to continue with the performance. What did you get by putting yourself in such state, noona?" Kai couldn't hold his emotion anymore. There's a limit to his patience and Junniel just don't listen.

 

"Noona made my fans happy. What can you get by letting them worry over you? At that time, nothing that noona can do other than continue. I saw their expression, I heard their gasped." Suddenly she felt sad after seeing that Kai is mad at her. Kai never lose his temper at her.

 

"You get this, Junniel." Dr. Lee touched a little harder at her broken ankle. If the boys that just met her can lose his temper over her stubbornness, imagined how he felt right now. Since he finished study until he take over his father's responsibility as Junniel's family doctor, Junniel never listen to him. She only does what she wants.

 

"Ouch. Oppa!" Junniel raised her voice. Tears started to form in her eyes. Even if she is at fault, is it really necessary to treat her that way?

 

"That is for not listening to your doctor."

 

Junniel pouted, but only for awhile. She really wanted to cry right now, but with the boys around, it just doesn't feel good to do so. "I'm sorry. I will listen to you this time."

 

Sehun hold her hand. "Noona, don't do that next time. Your fans will understand even if you can't continue to perform at that time. And it is okay to let your fans worry over you sometimes."

 

Dr. Lee smiled at Sehun. "The problem with your noona is that she only knows how to give, but not receiving. It's her strength, but also her weakness. You can either love her for that or hate her. No in between."

 

That was the most touching things that Dr. Lee ever said about her. Most of the time, he keeps on complaining about how stubborn she is and how she can survive in this world with that kind of attitude.

 

Junniel closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, boys. Noona won't do things like this ever again."

 

"Noona.." Chen stood closer to her and he hugged her tightly. "You had it tough tonight, noona. Get well soon." The more he spent his time with Junniel, the more he feels attached to her.

 

Junniel couldn't help, but smile. "My sweet little Chen." She patted his back gently. Then she looked at each and every one of them. "Noona's fine. Now be a good dongsaeng and go back home. You guys still have lots to do for tomorrow."

 

"I'lI stay here with noona." Both Kai and Sehun said the same thing.

 

Junniel couldn't agree with both. "Suho, Kris.. help noona with these two boys please."

 

"Anything for noona." Kris flashed his sweetest smile.

 

"No." Kai stands firm with his decision. "I'm staying."

 

"Kai.." Both Suho and Kyungsoo called his name. They know how far Kai can go once he decided. But Junniel is also not the easy character that anyone can handle.

 

Junniel sighed. "Kai-yah. Listen to noona, please. If not, after this noona will not allow anyone of you to visit."

 

Kai's face turned sour. "Fine." With that he turned his back and leaved her room.

 

Everyone can only look at his cold back and shrugged.

 

"Just ignore him, noona." Sehun hugged Junniel tightly.

 

~~~

 

"Noona!"

 

Junniel put her magazine down when she heard Sehun's voice. Her face immediately turned brighter when she see her visitors; Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

 

Today is her third day being warded due to her injury and shock. The first two days, she still can manage, but boredom slowly seeping through her days as she got nothing much to do here.

 

"How are you doing, noona?" Chanyeol gave a bouquet of Lily to Junniel. Junniel loves Lily and every time any of them came for visiting, they never forget to bring her favorite flower.

 

"Better. But noona really had nothing to do here." She brings her nose closer to the bouquet. The smell always calms her down. "How's your day? Tell noona everything that happened today. Noona wants to hear it."

 

Sehun sat on her bedside while Kyungsoo poured the porridge that he made for Junniel to the bowl.

 

"We have nothing in schedule today, so all four of us went to the coffee shop nearby and hanging around there for like almost three hours chatting. We saw quite a few pretty girls there, noona." Baekhyun happily told her about his days. He always enjoyed exchange story with Junniel, especially when it comes to girl matter.

 

"Talking about girls, what happened between you and you-know-who-Taeng?" She coughed and winked. "Any progress, yet?"

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head. "No. Apparently she's also like noona. Always pull up the price. I couldn't afford it yet."

 

Junniel laughed heartily. "That's a good thing, I guess."

 

"What's so good about it when I can't even get the chance to talk to her?"

 

"Who are you talking about?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun after he couldn't tell who is the subject that both of them talking about.

 

"That's the secret between noona and Baekhyun." Junniel winked. "How about our Yeollie?"

 

"Not yet found the girl that I really interested in, but I've just finished writing a song and I want noona to be the first one to listen to it."

 

"Sweet. Tell noona the story behind it."

 

"Here." Kyungsoo gave the spoon to Junniel. He pulled the table closer to her. "Noona can eat this while listening to Chanyeol."

 

"But noona.."

 

"No buts, noona." Sehun took the spoon and wanted to feed her by himself.

 

Junniel pouted. "Noona just ate less than three hours ago." Junniel complaint, but she still opened and eat the porridge.

 

Sehun smiled, feeling satisfied that Junniel listened to him. "You need to eat more, noona. You're getting skinnier day by day."

 

Junniel made face at Sehun, and then she looked at Chanyeol who get interrupted just now. "Yeol, continue."

 

"It's about a boy that has been waiting forever to confess to the girl that he likes, but at the end he lost the girl because someone else confessed first and the girl accepts it. All these time, he waited for perfect time, but he forgets that love isn't perfect and it waits for no man."

 

"Why so bitter, Yeol?" Baekhyun asked directly after Chanyeol finished explaining his new song's storyline. All these while he thought Chanyeol was working on a bright, happy melody.

 

"Who breaks your heart?" Kyungsoo made a remark.

 

"If the happy virus also can spread sadness, I don't know what the world has turned into." Commented Sehun.

 

Junniel laughed at their comments. "The theme sounds good. Lend noona your mp3. Junsu oppa already confiscated all my gadgets. Noona will listen to it when I'm alone."

 

Chanyeol grinned and made an okay sign.

 

"Talking about heartbreak, did Kai still mad at noona?" Her face saddened as she remembered the moment Kai turned his back.

 

Since the night that she injured herself, till today, Kai is the only one that didn't visit her. It's not like she's hoping for everyone to visit her here, but the boys were always here at all visiting hour and yet there's still no sign of Kai.

 

"Don't mind him, noona. He will see you in no time." Kyungsoo assured Junniel.