Twelve

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Twelve

"Why you bought so many things today? Are we going to have a feast?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol peeked at the groceries. Since early morning, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Chen went out to the market to get the ingredients.

 

"Are you going to cook for us?" Chanyeol asked again when both of them didn't answer Baekhyun's question just now.

 

"Chanyeol hyung, Baekhyun hyung.. don't just sit there if you're not going to help." Sehun carried a few more groceries in his hand and put it on the kitchen cabinet. "That's the last one."

 

"Anyone coming to our house today?" Suho looked into each of the groceries bag. There's even two box of ice cream inside. They rarely buy ice cream since not many of them like sweet things.

 

None of the questions were answered by three of them, until someone rang the bell. Sehun is the one that ran to the door and opened it.

 

"Boys." Junniel appeared behind Sehun with cream parfait in her hand that she prepared since early morning. Before she arrived here, she even dropped by to Jaejoong and Yoochun's house to give their share. The whole evening yesterday they've been reminding her to make extra for them.

 

"Junniel noona!" All boys gathered. They were so happy to see Junniel after awhile.

 

"Noona, we missed you. I have a lot to tell you." Baekhyun beaming like a child.

 

"Noona haven't give your review to my song. I need your opinion." Chanyeol stood closer to her as if he's afraid that Junniel will disappear again like before.

 

Junniel smiled. "Noona will catch up with Baekhyun after our lunch and our Yeollie.." She turned to him, "Your mp3 is in my bag. Noona even have my written review for you." She winked.

 

"Junniel noona is the best!" Said both Baekhyun and Chanyeol almost at the same time.

 

"Are you okay now, noona? How's your ankle?" Lay examined her physical closely. Everyone can see his worried expression.

 

"Noona's ankle is fine after our healing angel looked into it when noona was in the hospital. Don't worry. I don't need any support now." She patted his shoulder to assure him that she's fine by now.

 

"Why everyone stands so close to noona. Since all of you are so tall, she might suffocate later due to lack of oxygen." Kai mischievously teasing her using her complex.

 

Junniel always complain that she looked like smurf every time EXO members stand so close to her. With her height of 150mm and she only weigh in 41kg, she is indeed petite.

 

"That's not nice." Junniel pouted which caused all of them to laugh.

 

"Both of you wake up quite early today." Kris grinned at both Kai and Luhan who stood in the middle of the staircase. If it's not past eleven, when they have no schedule, both of them won't show their face.

 

"You guys are so loud." Luhan complaint with his sleepy eyes. Then he walked to the sofa and sat on it.

 

Junniel walked closer to Luhan. "Sorry, my deer Luhan. You can continue catch up with your sleep while noona preparing your lunch."

 

"I love you, noona." Luhan made a love sign with his eyes half closed.

 

"Yah. What's with your I love you, Luhan hyung." Kai scolded him, feeling irritated.

 

Junniel laughed. "Now, noona needs a few good hands to help me with the vegs and marinate. Perhaps if anyone can help with desserts might be good too."

 

"Me!" Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol raised their hands. They are both very confident with their skills.

 

"I can help too."

"Me too."

"Me three."

"Me four."

"Me five."

 

Suho, Lay, Chen and Sehun looked at Tao.

 

"You want to help too?" Sehun asked in disbelieve. Tao never helps in the kitchen. People can ask him to do anything, but not things related to kitchen, especially the dishes.

 

"I want to help noona too." He sheepishly offered his help. If Junniel asked for it, he won't say no.

 

"What do you want to make today, noona?" Xiumin asked again the questions that a few of s have been asking since just now.

 

"I'm thinking of barbecued beef ribs, raw crabs in soy sauce, army base stew and watermelon soju punch. For the maknaes, noona would specially make the watermelon juice for you." She grinned while doing 'peace' sign.

 

"Now, let's start." Junniel clapped her hand three times. "Sleep tight, Luhan. Ahhh, you should sleep too, Kai. You looked tired."

 

~~~

 

"When did you learn to cook with all those tight schedule that you have, noona?" Kyungsoo asked her while they're doing dishes together. After debuting, he rarely had the time to practice his cooking skill.

 

"My umma is actually against my will of becoming a gasoo. She said since both my oppas already involved with the entertainment industry, she doesn't need another child to become like that. So, before I get her permission, I need to promise her a lot of things before she agreed to that. One of the deals that I made with umma is that I need to brush up my cooking skill to her satisfaction level. Everyone in my family knows that I don't like to go to kitchen." She laughed while reminisced the old memory.

 

Kyungsoo laughed together with her. "Then, can you teach me how to make barbecued beef ribs again next time? I tried it last time, but I cannot achieve the taste like what you made today."

 

"Of course. Noona can ask my umma too if you want. Anything for our handsome Kyungsoo." She winked.

 

Kyungsoo grinned. Junniel and her our-handsome-Kyungsoo.

 

"Noona, have a rest first. You've been standing for too long now." Kai looked concern. He has been watching her from a far since she arrived here.

 

"I'm okay. Anyway, we're almost finish here." She settled her last portion before she washed her hand thoroughly. After she wiped her hand on the clean towel, she went to get her cream parfait. "Want to share with noona? I don't think I can finish this alone." Junniel asked Kai.

 

He kept on standing near Junniel until she finished her dishes. Upon hearing her request, he quickly nodded. As long as he can be near to her. Sharing means he can stay beside her. Kai took two spoons with him and he brings it to the front.

 

"You only brought your own spoon, Kai?" Kris asked when he saw Kai's holding two spoons with him.

 

"No. I brought mine and noona's." He answered him innocently.

 

Junniel coughed to hide her laughter. "Noona already asked Kai to share with mine. Sorry, no extra. You need to take it yourself, Kris."

 

Kris grinned. "Not you too, noona. Fine. I'lI leave both of you here."

 

Kai gave one of the spoons to Junniel and he sat beside her. Junniel mouthed a thank you and she dipped her spoon into the cream parfait.

 

Kai secretly glanced at her from top to bottom. Then something caught his eyes, her white headband. The one that he gave. The one that she cherished the most, of course this is the one fact that she never make known to Kai.

 

Junsu said she's in denial. It's obvious to everyone who took her heart away, but yet she still refrained herself from following what her heart has been whispering.

 

"I should buy noona more headbands since she likes it so much." He muttered to himself.

 

Junniel turned to Kai. "What?" She thought she heard Kai mumbled something just now.

 

Kai shook his head. "Nothing, noona. By the way, are you free this coming Friday?"

 

"I don't think I have anything to attend. But noona needs to double confirm with my manager oppa first. Is there anything?" Junniel took her phone from her bag and she texted her manager right away.

 

"We have recording for Idol Star Athletics Championships. So, if you're free, perhaps you can come and support us. Xiumin hyung, Luhan hyung, Suho hyung, Baekhyun hyung, Tao, Sehun and I will represent our team this time. Lay hyung and Kris hyung are going to China for their movie shooting. Chanyeol hyung, Chen hyung and Kyungsoo hyung have another recording to attend." Kai explained their schedule on that day without a sec looking away from Junniel that enjoying her cream parfait.

 

"Okay." She agreed right away.

 

"Okay?" Confused. Noona is saying that she's okay to attend it or she's okay as if noted only?

 

"I'lI go and support EXO. Anyway, noona never get the chance to attend this kind of event since I'm usually not around. Now, eat." Junniel picked up his spoon and began feeding him as he didn't seem like going to eat any.

 

Dumbfounded. Kai opened his mouth willingly and devoured his share of cream parfait even though he is never a fan of sweet dessert. For him, Junniel is like cream parfait. Too sweet to handle, but yet you'll craving for it once you taste it.