Sixteen

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Sixteen

Kai looked at Junniel from top to bottom. Cap, checked. Sunglass, checked. Scarf, checked. Checklist, done.

 

"Done checking?" Junniel asked him sarcastically. "Why do we need to dress like this?" With glasses and scarf covering half of her face, they attract more eyes towards them. And why only she needs to wrap herself with all these while Kai only had a cap with him?

 

Kai laughed cheekily. "Why? Noona looks cute like this."

 

Junniel signaled him to bend down to her eyes level. Then she took her scarf and she wrapped it around him. "There. At least we are equal this way." She smiled, feeling satisfied. "Where are we going today?" She still doesn't know what his plan is for them today. Kai just texted her in the afternoon, asking her to wait for him at her favorite cafe.

 

"Movie."

 

Junniel's jaw dropped. At this hour? It's only 8PM at the moment. "You must be kidding me." No wonder he dressed them up like this.

 

"My friends always brag every time they went for a date with their girlfriends. I used to not bother with these kind of things. But noona, when I think again, I want to know that feeling. Going out with only two of us, holding each other hands like this."

 

"So, our Kai wanted to brag with his friends too?" Junniel playfully teasing him. She couldn't hide her smile when Kai holds her hand tightly, as if he's afraid that he might lose her.

 

"No. I want to keep all of you only to myself. Though I feel sorry towards all of noona's fans out there, but even if I need to go against the world just to have you, I will do it." His tone sounded serious.

 

Junniel linked her arm with his. "Before you told me that you want to declare war or something, it's better for us to go now, shall we?" Since the place they wanted to go is just a few minutes' walk from the cafe, they decided to just walk there.

 

Kai laughed. His other hand pinched her cheek lightly. While walking on the streets, they happily have their little chats about their day. This is their first time walking down the street like this. For the past few days, mostly they just spent their times at the Han River, chatting or having their late supper.

 

The last time Junniel did things like this was when she dated Dae Han. Since not many people know them at that time, they're more free to go anywhere. As long as they don't bump into someone from SM, they're fine since they need to obey the no-dating rules.

 

As for Kai, he did go out with a few girlfriends last time during his trainee days. But mostly, he went out in a group and this is his first time going out on real date. Sometimes, he still can't believe that Junniel finally open up to him, giving him the chance that he asked for.

 

"You know what noona? Sehun has been asking me where I went that I always come home late these days. Then he also asked if I already give up on noona since I never talk about you anymore."

 

Junniel chuckled. "No wonder I always get his calls nowadays. He keeps on complaining how you always ignore him. My poor baby."

 

Kai stopped in the middle of the pathway. "Your poor what?" He raised his left eyebrow.

 

Junniel laughed. "We don't need another drama here in the middle of the crowds." Junniel pulled him to besides her again. "Let's go. Noona needs to sit real badly." She has been wearing her high heels since morning today and even now she's wearing one.

 

Kai looked at her high heels. "Why noona needs to wear those chicken feet every time you went out with me?" If only he can piggyback her, then she no need to walk with those high heels.

 

Junniel laughed at his referring of high heels as chicken feet. "I guess it's my luck to date tall guy every time. Noona doesn't even know if it's a bless or curse." She grinned. Since there is too much difference in their height and she doesn't want to attract too much attention, she always tries to reduce the odd by wearing very high heels every time.

 

Luckily, she used to be surrounded by her DBSK oppas which their average height is above 180cm. So, she already gets used to wear heels when she went out with them.

 

Kai pulled her closer to him. Then he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Wait until I can officially announce our relationship. Then noona can ditch those."

 

"Awww.. why so sweet?"

 

They both laughed together.

 

~~~

 

"Junniel noona! We heard the news. We're going to collaborate with noona for dance song. Now I'm happy." Sehun was the first one that came looking after her when they broke the news to EXO. He was so happy that the moment they finished briefing EXO, Sehun ran away to find his Junniel noona at her usual favorite spot.

 

Junniel was packing her bag when Sehun suddenly barged into her practice room. She had her dance practice started at 7 in the morning and only after five hours straight she stopped. Now, she's hungry and she wanted to go home and have some rest.

 

"Somehow noona can guess that you'll be the one that look after noona when you guys received the news. I'm glad that my Sehun is happy." Junniel ruffled his hair. In a second, Sehun will whine at her for messing up his hair.

 

"Noona!" Sehun complaint, just as what Junniel predicted.

 

Junniel laughed. She really likes to mess up with Sehun and his hair. Somehow it has becomes her new hobby now. "Where's the rest?"

 

"Noona!"

"Junniel noona!"

"Noona! Noona! Noona!"

 

Just after she's done asking, all of EXO-K members except Kai and Suho entered the rooms together. EXO-M was having an event at China and only will be back tomorrow.

 

"Noona, are you going somewhere? Lunch perhaps? Where? Can I follow you? Take me with you!" Baekhyun bombarded her questions after he saw her holding her bag. Nowadays, he really likes to spend his free time with Junniel whenever she's around. Even if it's just for five minutes, he's more than happy as long as he can have a little chat with her.

 

"Noona is going to take shower, changing my clothes and probably having my lunch afterwards? I'm craving for cheesecake." She has been thinking about having a cheesecake for desserts since yesterday after she saw a character in a movie ate it.

 

"Bring me together then, noona." Baekhyun pleaded with his puppy eyes.

 

"I want to follow too!" Chanyeol and Kyungsoo said at the same time.

 

"It's a must for noona to bring me." Sehun demanded. Ever since Junniel became his noona, as long as he doesn't have anything in his schedule, he always wanted to tag along anywhere she goes to.

 

Junniel looked at every one of them. "Don't you guys have anything to attend today?"

 

"No." All of them answered at the same time.

 

"Why of all days, you guys are free today? Today, I want to have my lunch peacefully. So, my answer is no." Junniel pretended as if she's serious with what she just said. Inside, she barely managed to hold herself from laughing when their face expression dropped.

 

"Why, noona?"

"Junniel noona.."

 

All four of them surrounded her. They were all asking her to bring them over for lunch over and over again.

 

"Why are you guys surrounding my Junniel noona?" Asked Kai who has just entered the room. From far he can hear their voices since they didn't close the door.

 

Suho arrived after Kai. Then he shut close the door behind him. He looked at s weirdly. He really doesn't know how Kai could stand it when their members always surrounded Junniel whenever she's around with them.

 

On the way to Junniel's practice room, Kai was asking him to wait since he had things that he needs to discuss with him first. After all their members gone, Kai used that time to confess to Suho regarding his relationship with Junniel. He said in case anything happen in future, at least s are aware about it and he wanted Suho to be the first one to know since he is their leader.

 

Suho was surprised at first, but then he felt happy for Kai. Like what Kyungsoo always said, it's always about time. They all know that Kai must have some feelings for Junniel as Kai always took a special care when the matters are related to Junniel.

 

Kai was asking whether he is against it or not since they've just debuted a year ago. Of course he won't have any objection as after all, Junniel has special place in their heart as both their sunbae and noona. He just advised him to be careful with the media and surrounding as both of them were the idols.

 

"What do you mean by ‘my Junniel noona'? Junniel noona is MY noona. Not yours." Sehun was always sensitive when it comes to matter that related to Junniel. First, he is the avid fanboy. Second, Junniel is his noona.

 

Kai walked closer to Junniel. Then he reached for her hand and wrapped it tightly in his. "I have found my butterfly." He confessed in front of everyone.

 

For a moment, except for Suho, each and every one of them was speechless. They are aware of his feelings towards her, but they didn't expect him to make a move that fast.

 

Junniel was the first one that broke the silence. "Mushy! What's with I-have-found-my-butterfly? Noona should just flee now." By now, her face must have turned red due to his sudden confession to s.

 

"You have confessed to my noona?" Sehun asked again, just to be sure. He was surprised at first, but slowly his expression turned back to normal.

 

"Kai made a move! Noona, did you really accept him?" Baekhyun also can't believe of what he had just heard.

 

"It's about time. My little brother has finally grown up." Kyungsoo grinned while looking at Kai.

 

"Noona, don't you want to think again? It's your lost noona if you end up with our Kai." Chanyeol playfully teasing both of them after his brain can finally computed what's happening in front of him.

 

Junniel fanned her face. "Should noona thinks again then?" At the same time, she was really having a hard time trying to content her laugh to herself. Their reactions were really amusing.

 

"Yah! Are you guys actually support me or what? Chanyeol hyung, what's with your it's-noona's-lost if she choose me? I don't think that I'm that bad." Kai protested to s. Then he looked straight at Junniel in dissatisfaction. Even she didn't cooperate with him this time. She's supposed to be on his side.

 

"Ooo. It must be true then. Kai even know how to pout now." Baekhyun laughed at Kai's reaction. It's something rare for them to see Kai pouted. He must learn it from Junniel noona.

 

"I agree with that. We should mark on calendar today's date, the day Kai learned how to pout." Kyungsoo joined in.

 

"This is really something to celebrate. Now, noona don't have any reason not to bring us together." Chanyeol made a peace sign to Junniel, celebrating their victory.

 

Junniel laughed. "Fine. Where do you want to celebrate? Do you guys want to wait for me here or we directly meet there? You guys decide. Noona is fine with any." 

 

At the same time, while waiting for the boys to decide, she walked to Sehun and pulled the boy near to her. Sehun must feel a little disappointed that he's not the one that knows about it first. Kai just looked at both of them from his stands.

 

"Did I just disappoint my Sehun? Noona should have told you earlier, isn't it?" Junniel gave an apologetic look at Sehun. "I'm sorry."

 

Sehun shook his head and he immediately smiled to Junniel. "No. I'm very happy for you, noona. But noona, are you going to spend less time with me now?" Though Junniel never ignore him before, he still worried if she wouldn't want to spend time with him or look after him anymore.

 

Junniel patted his head softly. "Noona won't and will never abandon my family, dongsaeng-ah. Just remember that whatever happen in future, you are my Sehun, my pretty little brother. If my Sehun needs anything, noona will always be there for you."

 

"Jun-nie noona.." Instantly he felt touched.

 

"Now, smile. My Sehun looks the best when he's smiling."

 

Sehun smiled his brightest smile. Her words never failed to calm him. That's why he always grateful that he found her noona.