Fourteen

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Fourteen

"You want me to do what exactly?" Kai raised his voice.

 

While he was having his breakfast, Sehun has been explaining to him his plan with Junsu. After he was admitted to hospital the other day, he can feel that Junniel is getting closer with him. Though at first Junniel is putting a distance between them after he confessed his feeling for her. But now Sehun wants him to do what again?

 

"You heard me. Avoid meeting noona."

 

"And then what?" He really couldn't see the advantage of doing that.

 

"Tell the whole world that you like a girl. You always said that you have no favorite girl group."

 

Kai almost choked on his food. He quickly swallowed his food and took a sip of water. "Are you trying to help me or break me up from her?"

 

Sehun almost pull his hair out of frustration. "Of course I'm trying to help you here. Don't you see it? It is too comfortable being with you. Even Junniel noona said that to Kyungsoo hyung before. That's why she likes being with you. But that's it."

 

"What's wrong with being comfortable? Isn't it a good thing?" Kai asked with annoyed tone.

 

"It is. But it is not good enough. A relationship needs to have a little tension to tie two people closer to each other." Since both of them only know how to give to their other half, they don't really realize the significant of each other. Kai's case is worse than that since her past isn't that pretty. "Don't you feel like noona is actually likes you too?"

 

Kai closed his eyes and took his time to think. He never likes any girls, but the first time he felt something, it was when he is with Junniel. But did Junniel feel the same way? Junniel is like a physics book that he can never understand no matter how many times he read it. It's too complicated for him.

 

"I don't know."

 

Sehun sighed. "No wonder Junsu hyung is more worried about you than noona herself." Sehun muttered to himself. It is a known fact to everyone that Kai is awkward at expressing his own feelings. "So, are you in or not?"

 

Kai ate his chicken while thinking. For a good three minutes, Sehun watched him eating his breakfast before he decided. "I can only agree with half of your plan."

 

"Which means?"

 

Kai put down his chopstick. "Though it is quite not right, I can pretend like I already have someone else that I like. But this is just to see her reaction. I need to see it myself if noona really likes me as dongsaeng or as the guy that she likes. But, I cannot stay away from her."

 

"Why?" Sehun asked in higher tone.

 

Kai looked straight at Sehun. "Think. Junniel noona always thought that if I don't fall for her, I can always choose someone better, someone younger. If I start to avoid her, I don't think that she will have any problem with that as avoiding people is in her nature. In fact, I will be at disadvantage if I do that."

 

Junniel avoided him before and he doesn't want to face it again. He told himself before, he rather be close to her as dongsaeng rather than not seeing her at all.

 

"You have a point too." Sehun rubbed his neck. "Then we only left with one thing to do."

 

Kai raised his left eyebrow, asking.

 

"Changmin hyung."

 

~~~

 

"I know this day will come." Changmin smirked proudly. Since the first time he saw Kai with Junniel, he already sensed the boy's feeling. Junniel didn't get her ‘Nation's Little Sweetheart' for no reason. Once you get closer to her, she can easily trap you inside her world, intentionally or unintentionally.

 

"Changmin hyung.." Kai sighed.

 

For a few days he was debating within himself whether to see or not to see Changmin. Sehun was the one that suggested it since after Dae Han, the only guy that can melt her down is Changmin. But he felt like cheating if he asks about Junniel from Changmin.

 

Changmin laughed looking at Kai's troubled face. "What you want to know about Junniel?"

 

"Actually, I don't."

 

"Then?"

 

"I'm actually more curious on hyung's feeling towards noona." He always thinks that his feeling won't lose to any guy. The only thing that always holds him back is the memories of Oh Dae Han. So, today he really needs to confirm Changmin’s feeling. It is hard enough for him to compete with the memories of the dead boyfriend. If Changmin still has feelings for her, he really doesn't know how he could win her heart.

 

Changmin smiled. "If you're worried about my feeling towards her, I am the least threats in your list." Junniel and he already made it clear that they will stay as friends and siblings.

 

"Why? I thought you love her?"

 

Changmin nodded. "I do love her, Kai. In fact, I don't think I can love anyone like I love Junniel. But I made a mistake along the way. Even though Junniel can accept and forgive me, I still couldn't forgive myself for what I did to her." He looked sad while remembering things that he did in the past.

 

Kai looked at his sad face. Was it related to the rumors of him and the model? He wanted to ask, but he is not in the position to ask. For a while, he hesitated.

 

"Don't you want to ask what I did to her?"

 

Kai looked at him blankly. "I don't know hyung. Of course I'm curious. But, I don't think I have the right to ask."

 

"I cheated on her with a model." He was young and stupid at that time. Though he loves her, he hurts her. He still remembered how Junniel cried for days after he confessed his wrongdoing. At first he wanted to bury it to his grave, but his conscience not allowing him to do so.

 

Kai tried his best not to look too shock. He guessed it right, but he still feels surprised when he heard about it. "Why are you telling me this, hyung?"

 

"If you really like Junniel, I hope you won't repeat my mistake. Junniel can be kind enough to forgive and forget. But it won't be fair for her. She deserves the love that only belongs to her, undivided love."

 

Junniel needs someone that can love her, take care of her and look after her. Ever since Dae Han left her, she has thought herself to do all that by herself. She became very selective in letting people to come into her life. That's why all the while she only plays around with her DBSK oppas.

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

Kai nodded.

 

"What do you like about Junniel?"

 

"Before I answer that, how did hyung know that I will fall for noona?"

 

Changmin smiled. "Easy. You're famous for being the sleepy kid in SM. If you're not sleeping, you spent most of your time here practicing your dancing skill. You never bother about other things. But when you're with Junniel, you forget about your sleep and practice. Something that people rarely sees you do."

 

Kai smiled. That's kind of true.

 

"I was so stupid for not noticing it earlier, but Junniel noona is like a mesmerizing waltz. I can't take my eyes off her. I used to wonder why everyone likes Junniel noona a lot. There are a lot of other pretty girls out there, the one who's taller, cuter, prettier and sweeter. But the more I spent my time with Junniel noona, I finally understand what actually people see in her."

 

Changmin nodded. "You know what you want to do now?"

 

‘I don't need any plan. I just need to love her more; to the point that she cannot refuse it no matter how much she wanted to avoid it.'