Eleven

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Eleven

His whole life he always strives for the best. But how best can he compose himself when he needs to compete with the memories of a dead boyfriend of the girl that he has fallen for?

 

After few days pestering Sehun with his nonstop questions, Kyungsoo couldn't stand it anymore. Since he shared the room with Sehun and Luhan, he really couldn't get enough sleep as Kai keep on making noise besides Sehun. At the end, Kyungsoo asked Sehun to tell his side of story to Kai. After all, Kai was the one that confessed first how he had fallen for Junniel.

 

"How can I beat that kind of memory?" Without he realized, he voiced out what's in his mind.

 

"You can't."

 

Kai turned to look at Kyungsoo who's preparing their breakfast. Then he sighed, quite loud. Is there still hope for him?

 

"But you can always create a new one for both of you to cherish."

 

Hope. There's still hope. He smiled to himself.

 

"You wake up early today. Did you sleep at all last night?" He commented. When he went to the kitchen just now, he was quite surprised to see Kai sitting alone at the living room.

 

"Hyung, I can't even sleep last night." He complaint. Now that Kyungsoo has lifted a part of his worries, he feels like he can go back to sleep like he used too. After all, he is the sleepy kid in SM.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. "I made pancakes today. You want to go back to sleep or you want pancakes?"

 

"I'm going to see Junniel noona." He went to his room to wash up. In his head, he's thinking of what he wanted to say to her when they meet.

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. "At least eat your breakfast, you fool."

 

"Who are you talking to, hyung?" Sehun asked after appearing out of nowhere. "And why Kai run like that?"

 

"Go and take your fork." Kyungsoo smacked Sehun's hand. "He's going to see Junniel noona."

 

Sehun looked at Kyungsoo, wanted to confirm if he heard things correctly.

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

Sehun smiled right away. "Good for him then."

 

~~~

 

Kai rang the bell. He tried to call her a few times, but to no avail. All his calls were directly pushed to voicemail. "Why do you need to try so hard to push me away, noona?"

 

"Kai." Yoochun opened the gate for him. "What are you doing here?"

 

Kai bowed to him. "I'm looking for Junniel noona. Is she around? I called her a few times, but couldn't get through."

 

"Come inside first. Junniel is not home yet. But I think Junsu would love to see you."

 

Kai followed Yoochun from behind. A lot of things running through inside his head at the moment. Junsu hyung wants to see me? Why?

 

Yoochun took a seat beside Junsu. Even Jaejoong is there, comfortably enjoying his cup of coffee. While Yoochun continued playing his play station. Junsu signaled him to sit.

 

"Do you like our Junniel, Kai?"

 

Jaejoong coughed. He almost chokes on his coffee. "I thought you said you want to do it delicately. Is that what you call as delicate?"

 

Yoochun laughed. "Hyung, this is not the first time he did things like that."

 

Only Kai remained silence. To be honest, he doesn't quite understand what the three of them were talking about. "Junsu hyung, why do you want to see me?"

 

"I just want to check if.." Junsu got cut off before he could finish asking.

 

"I'm home." All four pairs of eyes fixed their gaze at her.

 

"You looked pretty today, Jun-nie." Yoochun complimented her. That's Yoochun to Junniel, her sweet oppa.

 

Junniel wore her dark blue ripped skinny jeans and oversized white shirt. Then she had her hair in high bun with white headband that Kai gave her as souvenir. Simple, yet enough to shine her natural beauty.

 

"Oppas are all here." Even though she smiled, she still couldn't cover her tiredness. After put off her shoes, she walked directly to the kitchen. She didn't notice that Kai is here yet.

 

Kai focused his stare at Junniel. She did look pretty today. Then he looked at Junsu. "Can I go to noona?"

 

All three of them laughed.

 

"Aigoo. So innocent."

"How did Junniel make people fall for her?"

"Go."

 

Kai went to kitchen to find her. He stopped at the door frame. Admiring the view from his stand. Junniel is having her cold drinks with phone on her other hand. There's another three glasses in front of her. Probably for her three oppas.

 

Kai walked to beside her. Then he peeked at her phone. He saw she's reading his text message. "I'm here if you want to reply my message."

 

"Oppa!" Junniel shout out due to shock. After she realized that it was Kai, she quickly tried to stabilize her breath. "Why you need to do this kind of thing to noona?" She pinched both his cheeks as hard as she can.

 

"Aaa. Noona! It hurts." He grabbed both her hands, preventing her from pinched him further.

 

Kai sat on the high chair beside Junniel. "My noona avoids me, and after a while didn't see me, the first thing that I get is a pinch. Now, I'm sad." He pretended as if he is sad.

 

Junniel took a deep breath. She needs to calm herself. Only when she's calm, then she can react properly. A part of her is avoiding him, but the other part of her missed all twelve of them, especially the one that is beside her now.

 

"How's everyone?"

 

"We all missed you, noona."

 

And I missed you the most. If my liking is only going to hurt you, then I'll stand by your side in silence. As long as I can see that happy face, it is more than enough for me to go through my day.

 

Kai looked straight into her eyes. "Can we have our noona back?"