Fifteen

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Fifteen

Their days have been restored to normal day. Junniel has started her activities as usual after her doctor has confirmed that she's fully recovered. The only thing that she needs to take extra careful is on her panic disorder. Since they don't know when it will come back, it is better to take more precaution on that.

 

Since then, most of the time, Junniel only attended shooting for magazine cover or being in studio for her next album recording. They also avoid any activity that requires excessive physical movement for now.

 

This morning, she just had her discussion with her producer to discuss on her next album concept. This time they're planning to do more collaboration with other singer from different genre of music.

 

After finished with her discussion, Junniel left the studio and went directly to her favorite practice room. She took her neck pillow that she brought together with her from her car.

 

She didn't go straight home by herself as Junsu told her to wait for him today. He will pick her up in the afternoon as they need Junniel's opinion on their new songs. Today's meeting will be at Jaejoong's house. So, while waiting for Junsu to arrive, she planned to take a nap for a while since she woke up before dawn this morning.

 

Junniel was about to sleep when someone opened the door to her practice room. With eyes half closed she peeked to see whose coming. "Min."

 

Changmin smiled after hearing her almost inaudible voice. Junniel must be too sleepy. When Junniel tried to sit, he quickly prevented her from doing so. "No, it's okay. I just drop by to check on you. Have you taken your breakfast?" Changmin sat right next to her. Then he adjusted her pillow. He put her pillow on his lap so that Junniel can rest her head in a more comfortable position.

 

Junniel nodded. "Doo Hyun oppa brought me my breakfast during my break time this morning. Have you eaten?" She asked with eyes closed.

 

He nodded. "I have. You know that I never skip my meal." Slowly he brushed her long hairs with his finger.

 

Junniel chuckled. That's true. Changmin's mood can be very disastrous to everyone when his stomach is empty. So, as much as possible, people around him will make sure that he gets his meal every time.

 

"Why are you here today?"

 

"Oh. We were having discussion today. I heard that you will collaborate with many singers in your new album?"

 

"How did you know about that?" Half asleep she's asking. She really wanted to have a chat with him, but her eyelids felt really heavy.

 

"Because they planned to pair you with us for ballad song." Changmin looked at Junniel and he smiled. "Sweet dreams, Jun-nie."

 

~~~

 

Junniel woke up upon hearing her phone's alarm. Her eyes were still shut closed when she off her alarm. She turned her whole body to her right side. Then she remembered that Changmin was with her before she dozed off to her dreamland.

 

Junniel quickly sit up and to her surprised, Changmin was no longer with her, but he has been replaced with Kai. "Why are you here?"

 

"Ouch. That's hurt noona." Kai put his hand on his heart, pretending to be hurt.

 

Junniel yawned and ignored his words. Her eyes were still hardly fully open. Then she looked for her hairband and she tied her hair in her usual bun.

 

Kai smiled while looking at her every action. Junniel still looked cute even with her swollen eyes and messy hair.

 

"Why are you here today, Kai? Noona thought you guys have event in Japan?"

 

"Noona remembered! Now, I'm touched." His smiles widen. He had made it a habit to inform his schedule to her. Though Junniel never reply anything every time he text her about it, but he knows that Junniel did take note on it. "We just touched down yesterday night."

 

Junniel looked at him in disbelief. "Then why are you here?" He should sleeps more instead of spending his time here.

 

"I missed noona." He whispered slowly, but loud enough for Junniel to hear it. Kai took something from his bag and he gave it to Junniel. "Your souvenir." He never forgets to get her something every time he had schedule oversea.

 

"Thank you, but didn't I say before not.."

 

Kai quickly cut before Junniel can finish her nags. "Not to spend any money unnecessarily. I know. But I won't go bankrupt just because I bought souvenir for you, noona. So, now smile and let loose those wrinkles on your forehead."

 

Junniel chuckled at his teasing. She opened the wrap and unlike the usual, this time Kai didn't buy her the headband. Instead, he gave her a necklace this time. A silver necklace with butterfly locket in the middle. "Kai.. I love it, but noona cannot accept this. You should give this to your girl, not noona." She gave back the necklace to Kai.

 

Kai took the necklace, but only to put it on her neck. They were too close at that time that both of them eventually holding their breath. "There. I know this will shine more on you, noona. And you know that I don't take no as answer."

 

"You really don't listen to me." Junniel pouted.

 

Kai laughed. "I don't. So, why not this time, noona be a good girl and listen to me instead?"

 

"What am I to you that you need to be this kind to me, Kai?" Her tone was sad. It was like saying that she didn't deserve this kind of kindness from someone like him.

 

Kai took a deep breath. Carefully, he's thinking what he wanted her to hear. "Don't you feel tired of running away, noona? Isn't it time for you to stop and look at me now? I know I can never replace Dae Han hyung in your heart. I know no matter how hard I try, I'm still not much compared to Changmin hyung. They both love you too much. But, noona.. can you for once, look at me as a guy instead of looking at me as dongsaeng? Then perhaps you can see that my love for you won't lose to any of them, noona."

 

For a moment, Junniel looked dumbfounded. Her expression became sadder. "Look at noona carefully, Kai. I don't have anything to offer you. My heart, my soul.. they're not complete. With your personality, your look, your age.. you can get someone better than me, Kai. Why would you waste yourself to someone like me?"

 

Kai shook his head. He didn't confess just to hear her saying she's not worth it. "The moment you let me in, you already captured my heart, noona. Yes, perhaps I can get someone 'complete' if I look around like what you said. But noona, love is not meant to be perfect, isn't it? If not, you won't wait for Dae Han hyung when you know that he will never come back for you. If love is supposed to be perfect, you won't easily forgive Changmin hyung when he made that kind of mistake. The first time I fall for someone, I fall for you, noona. I don't need a perfect girl. I just need my very own butterfly and you're my butterfly."

 

"But I.."

 

"Noona, there's always someone cuter, someone prettier, someone younger and someone better out there. But I don't need all those, noona. My heart didn't longing for that. My heart only wants you."

 

Kai looked for her hand and he hold it tight. "Give yourself a chance, noona. Give me a chance to love you, to look after you, to protect you, to grow old together with you. Take me with you anywhere you go. I want to see your world, the one that you hide from the world."

 

Tears started to form in her hazel eyes. Junniel closed her eyes, letting the tears fall down her cheek.

 

Kai wiped her tears away. Gently, he planted a kiss on her forehead.