Eighteen

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Eighteen

"Guys, look. Noona has opened her account on Instagram." Tao showed his phone to Sehun and Luhan. After he has done scrolling his timeline, he was looking for new people to follow and top suggestion in Instagram was referring to k-leinnuJ's account. Somehow, the username itself made him curious to know more.

 

The user only posted a picture of the city scenery from top view of Namsan Tower during the night with caption, ‘Lights will guide you home'. Over the night, her follower reached up to 500K. He was just clicked the follow button when the page refreshed and k-leinnuJ posted a selca of herself hugging the bears, the one that Kai and Sehun gave her. She wrote, ‘I miss you' for that picture. Now, everything makes sense to him. Her username is her own name spelt in backwards and k was probably her first name or perhaps she was referring it to her boy.

 

Sehun took the phone from Tao. He wanted to confirm the news himself. Nowadays, he won't believe in anything unless he sees it with his own eyes. "It's noona." The first thought that came into his mind was Junniel looked skinnier. She lost quite a lot of weight. Even so, her face still glowing like before.

 

Luhan also looked over it and when he confirmed that's Junniel, he felt an instant relief. At least she's still healthy. "I really hope that noona will contact us soon." Every time he looked at Kai, his heart felt sad for him. They were just started dating and things like this happened. But, he was especially sad for Junniel. After all things that happened to her, why she can't just have all the happiness that she deserves?

 

"Does Kai know about this?" He handed Tao's phone back to him. Kai should look at this. His feeling is telling him that Junniel will come back to them in these few days. It's not really her style to run away from problems for too long.

 

Tao shrugged. "I knock his door, but he didn't answer me." As usual.

 

Luhan stood up. "I'll talk to him."

 

"Hyung, let me go with you." Sehun wanted to tag along.

 

Luhan shook his head. "I think it would be better if I talk to him alone. Who knows if he listens to me this time?" He is the older brother after all. Kai can ignore Tao. He can ignore Sehun. But he will never ignore his hyung. Maybe most of the time, he will pretend like he didn't listen to any of them. But Luhan knows that Kai is actually listens to everything that they're saying.

 

On the way to Kai's room, he thought of everything that he wants to say, everything that he should say and everything that he needs to say. He took a deep breath in front of the door. Quietly, he made an entrance inside and he saw that Kai was staring blankly at the ceiling fan.

 

Luhan sat on his bedside. "Kai-yah, do you want to have lunch with hyung today? We can have honey combo chicken if you want."

 

"Luhan hyung, am I so useless that noona decided not to depend on me?" It's the first time Kai said something to anyone about what he feels like.

 

Luhan didn’t answer him right away. Instead, he keeps his silence for a while, thinking of the best way to answer him. "Do you think that noona is the kind of person that will look down on others?" Luhan didn't answer him directly, but then he shoot him with another question for him to ponder.

 

Instantly, Kai flinched at Luhan's question. He felt a pang of guilt inside. All the while, he only looked at things from his point of view. He never thinks from her point of view. "Junniel noona is the most selfless, beautiful, kind-hearted, loving and down-to-earth person that I know."

 

Luhan smiled and nodded, agreeing to everything that he just said. "Noona is the kind that will protect others instinctively. She does a lot of things for her loved one out of the kindness of her heart without expecting anything in return. By now I think you have got your answer, isn’t it?"

 

Instead of working harder to improve himself, making himself the worthy lover, he was wasting his time by indulging with self-pity. "Why am I so stupid, hyung?"

 

Luhan patted his head. "It's still not too late to do something, Kai. Also, Tao just found something that will encourage you more."

 

Kai raised his left eyebrow.

 

"Give me your phone."

 

"I don't know where I throw my phone." He kind of give up on his phone ever since Junniel cut her communications with the world. He was too tired of trying to get hold of her that he felt irritated by even looking at his own phone.

 

Luhan sighed. He took out his own phone from his back pocket. Then he looked for Junniel's Instagram account. He gave his phone to Kai. He is very sure that Kai will feel even better after he take a look on that.

 

Kai’s heart skipped a beat. He missed her a lot. He missed her smile and her hazel eyes. His heart is longing for her presence.

 

~~~

 

"Congratulation EXO for your triple crown this week! Just like their song MAMA, Wolf has been hot on the chart." Ryeowook congratulated them for their smashing down records not only in Korea, but also around the world.

 

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our fans for your continue support. We wouldn't be here without the prayers and loves from our fans." Suho thanked everyone who was involved in the making of their first full album this successful. They were nothing with them.

 

"Our Sukira fans have posted a lot of questions and messages to you guys. Shall we go through it now? So, this is from Soo Jin. She said if EXO members are all wolves, who is your Beauty?" Ryeowook looked at each of them. "Shall we go one by one? What would your ideal type of girlfriend be? Luhan?"

 

"I like someone pretty, with fair white skin, long haired, probably 160-168cm in height?"

 

"Woah. That's kind of detailed. How about you, Kris?"

 

"I like someone with an angel-like vibe, someone with pretty eyes and pretty smiles."

 

"I also like a girl with pretty smiles." Told Kyungsoo about his ideal type, then he continued. "Lay hyung is more detailed than Luhan hyung."

 

Lay laughed. "I'm more like Luhan hyung. I like someone with long hair. I also like someone that is cute when she talks, has a small face, cute without make-up, but becomes even prettier with makeup."

 

"I like girl who is moderately white, but it doesn't really matter actually. She is also probably someone with double eyelid, shorter than me and I really like someone that smiles at me first." Suho described his ideal type.

 

"I am more simple than Suho hyung. I like someone with a natural beauty."

 

"That is not really simple, Tao." Ryeowook cheekily teasing him. "How about Chen?"

 

"Like Suho hyung, I also like girl that is shorter than me. Someone petite and has attractive charming eyes."

 

Sehun continued from Chen. "Then I am more like Luhan hyung. My ideal type is someone with white and fair skin, 162cm in height, has double eyelid and smells naturally good. She also must be sensitive and understanding, has good fashion sense, chic on the outside and delicate in the inside."

 

"And here I thought that our Luhan is detailed enough. Why are the maknaes' ideal type is always more complicated than the hyungs? Our Kyuhyun also has complicated kind of ideal type." Ryeowook laughed.

 

"That's what we always thought too." Chanyeol commented on Sehun's long list of ideal type. "If you ask me, my ideal type would be someone with pale, fair skin, eye-catching with strong features and someone short enough for me to hug her."

 

"If someone as tall as you also likes shorter girls, what chances do people like us have?" Baekhyun complaint upon hearing Chanyeol's ideal type. "My ideal type is also like Chen. I like girl with a petite action and height. But she can play hard to get sometimes. I don't mind that." He laughed.

 

Ryeowook laughed with Baekhyun. "How about Xiumin?"

 

"For me, appearance doesn't really matter. Personality is more important." True to his style, Xiumin described his ideal type as a matter of fact. Short and simple.

 

"I see. Our last one, Kai? Like the other listeners, I am actually very curious about Kai's ideal type. Most of the fans also said the same thing since Kai never describe his ideal type before, isn't it?" Ryeowook commented and read some of the comments that he received from fans.

 

Kai smiled. "I never had my ideal type. Actually, I never think about it before. But now I think I have my answer. I like someone who is pure, someone with a white, pure heart and mind."

 

"Your ideal type sounds familiar and reminds me of someone from our agency." Ryeowook finds it interesting that upon hearing Kai's ideal type, someone came into his mind.

 

"Is it? Who do you think of, Ryeowook hyung?" Kai asked him.

 

"Our Nation's Little Sweetheart, Junniel." Said Ryeowook, not knowing that his guess is actually the one that Kai was describing.

 

All twelve of them looked at Ryeowook, surprised that he actually guessed it correctly.

 

"I'm sure a lot of fans missed Junniel. Do you want to leave a message for her, Kai?"

 

Ryeowook used this chance to look after Junniel. He heard about all the fuss that happened to her when the pictures of her and a guy circulated around the internet. It's not a new news when idols date, but Junniel just got unlucky because someone caught her in action.

 

He felt sorry for her when he heard that Junniel has to put everything on hold until she gets further notice from their agency. The thing is if Junniel just confessed to their agency when they asked her, she probably doesn't need to go on hiatus. But knowing her, he knows she must have her own reason for doing so.

 

Junniel and Super Junior debuted on the same year. They saw each other a lot while doing promotions. Though Junniel was always alone since she's a solo artist, but she never looked lonely. She always smiles to everyone that she met. She’s really one of his dongsaengs that he liked to pamper.

 

Kai took his deep breath. "Junniel sunbaenim, its Kai here, the boy who cried wolf. EXO has released our first full album, XOXO. Have you listened to it? If I would to dedicate a song for you, it's definitely going to be XOXO since the song is as sweet as Junniel sunbaenim."

 

Then Kai sang his part in XOXO. "Should I take courage and tell you? My ugly handwriting, this embarrassing letter. These four words are not enough. Like a man, I'll show you through my actions." And that's what he determined to do.

 

‘I missed you a lot. Please come back to me, noona.'