Ten

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Ten

'I think I like you, noona.'

 

He still can't forget how Junniel smiled and what she said afterwards.

 

'Noona likes Kai too. In fact, I really like all of you a lot.'

 

That's how his days went from being on cloud nine to below the ground in split seconds. It would be a lie if he said that he's okay with that. But when he remembered things that Kyungsoo told him, there must be something that she has been hiding from him and either Kyungsoo or Sehun knew about it.

 

"Why you asked me? If noona don't want to tell you anything, where did you get the idea that noona will tell me?" Sehun couldn't be bothered anymore. Kai has been asking him over and over again about Junniel's past since last week.

 

"Because noona treats you better these days and you spent most of your free time with her. How can you not know anything?" He said as a matter of fact.

 

Sehun showed him his annoyed face. "Noona still went to our practice room even when she's supposed to rest at home. She did that because you ask her to and then you told me that noona treats me better? You must be kidding me." Sehun throw his tantrum.

 

Junniel can't even walk properly yet without support and yet she still spends her time here with them just because Kai requested for it. How can he not be mad at both of them?

 

"But noona brought snacks for you every day. She will be here even if I don't request for it." Kai's turn to be annoyed.

 

They were both about to say something when the door is opened from outside.

 

"What happened here? Sehun? Kai?" Junniel looked at both of them. From outside she can hear their voices arguing with each other.

 

"Noona, who do you like more between both of us?" Sehun asked childishly once Junniel took the seat in between them.

 

"Do you need to be that childish?" Kai stared at Sehun. His face obviously showed how he hated that question.

 

"Stop arguing with me if you're that matured."

 

"You never grow up, Oh Sehun."

 

"Look who's talking." Sehun shot back.

 

Junniel looked at both of them with sad expression. Both of them never act like this before. Did she just ruin the ecosystem here?

 

"Noona didn't come here to see both of you brawling with each other. If my presence makes you arguing with each other, it's better for me to not be here at all." Junniel put her packed lunch box beside their bags and she stood up.

 

Both Kai and Sehun quickly grabbed her left wrist.

 

"We're sorry, noona."

"We won't argue with each other again."

 

"No. Noona is more sorry. I shouldn't get myself involved with you guys at first place." Junniel gently pushed their hands from her wrist.

 

"Noona.."

"Junniel noona.."

 

"I heard that all twelve of you are going to be here this afternoon. So, noona brought lunch enough for all of you. I need to go first."

 

With that, Junniel left both of them. Her eyes gave signal that she didn't want any of them to follow her.

 

Both Kai and Sehun sighed. Regret for acting such way in front of Junniel earlier. Apart from them being childish, that's the usual scene that she always saw when she's with her DBSK oppa and yet they remind her of them over and over again.

 

~~~

 

"Junniel.. are you okay?" Junsu put a cup of plain water in front of her. She requested for it one hour ago, but since he's been working on his next song with Jaejoong, he just couldn't stop even for awhile, worried that he might lose the muse.

 

"Our Jun-nie is not feeling well, is it? Your ankle still hurt?" Jaejoong took a seat beside Junniel. Since he arrived here at 8am this morning, Junniel has been sitting there silently. He wanted to ask this morning, but she's not even in the state to answer anything.

 

"Oppa, I'm hungry. Can you make me ddeokbokki?" She showed her puppy eyes. She's not in the mood to tell her oppas anything, and Jaejoong never reject any of her requests.

 

"Does oppa look like food? You always ask me to cook for you every time I come here." Jaejoong complaint playfully. He noticed that Junniel is avoiding his question. "Oppa will make you anything, but with one condition."

 

"What?" Too quick for an answer. That way Jaejoong knows she can't avoid it no matter what Jaejoong asks for afterwards.

 

"Tell oppa things that bothered my Junniel. Oppa won't take nothing as answer."

 

"Seems like someone caught our Jun-nie's attention, and probably her heart too." Junsu who has been quiet since just now answered it for her.

 

"Oppa!" Junniel pinched his ribs. "Why did you like to make your own assumption?"

 

Jaejoong raised his right eyebrow. Interesting. Who's the guy that can melt their cold little girl's heart? It has been a while since he heard Junniel interested in any guy. "So, who is the guy that I need to meet before he can get approval to date our Jun-nie?"

 

Junniel pouted at both of them. "I thought both of you don't like it when I like anyone? So, why are you enjoying it this time?"

 

Jaejoong laughed. "That's Junsu. Not oppa. Oppa always support whatever that you do as long as it is the best for you."

 

"That's because you haven't found someone that really can match up with you. Oppa approved it this time if you choose that boy." Junsu smiled genuinely at her.

 

Both Jaejoong and Junniel looked at Junsu unbelievably. It's a rare occasion for them to see Junsu this calm when talking about Junniel's potential boyfriend. Last time he even made a fuss when Junniel and Changmin declared their relationship to them.

 

"Do I know who are we talking about now?" Jaejoong asked curiously. He really wants to meet the boy that can melt both the siblings.

 

"Kai." Junsu answered confidently.

 

Though Junniel never tell him anything about Kai before, but he noticed how his sister changed day by day after knowing this boy. She's no longer the gloomy, sad Junniel. She also always spent her day at SM building now even though that place reminds her of so many memories that she try to forget.

 

"What make you so confident that I like Kai, oppa? And why are you not cranky this time?" Junniel almost scratched her head in confusion. He just met him personally once and he doesn't show any disapproval? What kind of spell did Kai put on Junsu?

 

'Hyung, I know you might have doubt on me, but I like Junniel noona more than I like to dance and dancing is my passion, my dream, my life.'

 

"When someone has a dream and he couldn't achieve it, he will go crazy for his whole life trying to get it. Oppa knows how that feels like and I can see it in that boy."

 

"But oppa.." Junniel's expression turned sad.

 

"We all know about your past, Junniel. He won't be coming back. I don't ask you to forget about him, but you need to let go of yourself from clinging onto the past." Junsu moved beside her. Slowly he patted her head.

 

Junniel might not know that he knew about her and Dae Han. But during their trainee days, that boy did come and see him, asking for his permission to date her, because Dae Han knows how Junsu's approval is important for Junniel.

 

"Oppa knew about Dae Han?" Her voice trembled. Every time she needs to say his name, she never failed to break down. Her heart still beating fast every time she remembered him. So, how do they expect her to forget him?

 

"Dae Han met your oppa when we were having our practice at that time. That's why all of us know about him, Junniel." Jaejoong answered it for Junsu.

 

When they received the news that Junniel involved in accident, their hearts skipped a beat. But when they heard that Dae Han passed away in front of her due to that accident, they know they need to live the moment for her. Since Junniel never made known about her relationship with Dae Han to them, they need to pretend like nothing happen. But how to pretend such way when they know how that thing is breaking her alive?

 

Since then, Junniel changed. She's no longer the bubbly girl that always cheers them up. Instead, she locked herself up from the world. She even almost gets dispelled from being trainee. But at that time, Changmin was the one that made an effort to bring her back to life. Since he used to train with Dae Han, he said he can understand what she feels like.

 

That's when both of them get closer to each other. Slowly, Junniel turned into the girl that she used to be. But everyone is aware that a part of her has left with Dae Han.

 

Now, Junniel seems brighter, happier. Junsu always thought that when they news of them breaking up will break her once more. But she was able to overcome it. Then he realized, Kai was there with her and for that, he is very thankful.

 

Junniel shook her head. "Kai can meet a better person than me, Oppa. He didn't deserve someone as broken as me. It is not fair for him if I keep on seeing him."

 

Jaejoong stood up. "Let's find something to eat. Just now you said you're hungry." Jaejoong pulled Junniel together with him to the kitchen. He really hates it when Junniel is sad. Junniel is like his own sister and no one like it when any of their family members is feeling down.