Six

You're My One And Only Butterfly

Six

"Noona, your phone is ringing." Chen passed the phone to Junniel.

 

Since they were taking a break, everyone is doing their own things. Kris and Tao were going outside to take some fresh air. Luhan and Sehun probably were going to the nearby cafe to buy their favorite bubble tea. Xiumin was having his daily dose of coffee. Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were fooling around together as usual. Lay, Suho and Kyungsoo were practicing their own part. While Kai lay down comfortably besides Junniel who has been spaced out at the corner of the room.

 

"Thank you, Chen." Junniel looked at the caller's id before she answers them. "Yes, oppa. No. Don't worry oppa. I'm okay. Yes. Okay. I've taken the meds this morning. Yes. Okay."

 

Kai opened his eyes and looked straight at Junniel. Is noona sick? "You're not feeling well, noona?" He heard Junniel talked about taking medicine just now.

 

"Just a usual cold. Don't worry."

 

"How can I not worry about you?" Kai muttered to himself. Junniel always thinks about others before herself. Since she touched down the other day, she's here with them almost 15 hours a day.

 

Junniel patted Kai's head. Then she gently put her palm on his eyes. "Sleep. We still have one hour."

 

Kai was surprised by her little gesture. He can feel the warmth in her touch. Just when he thought that he already knows Junniel inside out, she still managed to touch him.

 

Not only Kai, even Suho and Kyungsoo who were still practicing also stopped from doing their routine when they saw Junniel's gesture. Especially Kyungsoo, he has noticed it for quite a while actually. Being the closest to Kai, he thinks that it's about time before Kai admits that his feeling for Junniel is more than feeling between a noona and dongsaeng.

 

Kyungsoo still remember what Changmin told him when they met a month ago. He asked him to pay more attention to Kai later when he realizes his own feelings towards Junniel. At first he couldn't really understand what their hyung was trying to tell him. But when he looked after Kai every day, little by little, he started to see it.

 

Changmin said Junniel is like a pigeon. She can get close to everyone, but that doesn't mean anyone can cage her. And Junniel is the type that couldn't bring herself closer towards younger guys. She couldn't see herself in the future with them for certain reason. She feels like they can settle down with better person than her.

 

Like in their case, Junniel probably just see Kai as her dongsaeng. And since Junniel is always surrounded by guys like DBSK and Shinhwa before, she couldn't even tell when her heart flutters. The last time she felt butterflies inside was probably when she was with Changmin.

 

Kyungsoo took his tumbler and sat beside Junniel. "Noona, are you okay? Your face looks pale today." He poured a cup of water and gave it to Junniel.

 

Junniel took the water and put it beside her. "Thank you. Noona will drink this afterwards. Our handsome Kyungsoo is done practicing, is it?" Junniel changed the topic. Since she can easily falls sick, people around her keep on worrying about her.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at her teasing. "Noona, don't do this to me." When they attended Junniel's radio programme and one the listener called him that, Junniel has been calling him that ever since. "Have a rest, noona. It's hard isn't it being almost 24 hours a day with us."

 

Junniel shook her head. "Noona had a lot of fun." It is indeed tiring, but the experience is priceless.

 

"Are you hungry, noona? Want to look for something to eat?"

 

"Our handsome Kyungsoo is hungry? Noona can go with you if you want to eat something." She’s not hungry, but it is not a bad idea to go outside and take some fresh air.

 

Kyungsoo grinned. "Really, noona? I'lI treat you something delicious then."

 

"I want to follow. Bring me along." Kai requested with both eyes closed.

 

"No. I just want to go out with Junniel noona." Kyungsoo rejected it right away, even before Junniel respond to it because he knows that Junniel will agree with it.

 

The truth is he has something to talk to Junniel and he doesn't want Kai to listen to it.

 

"Text noona if want you want anything. Noona will buy it for you."

 

~~~

 

They went to the cafe nearby SM building and choose the seat near the corner at second floor. While waiting for their order, both sat there quietly enjoying the music.

 

"Our handsome Kyungsoo has something to say to noona?" Junniel breaks the silence between them.

 

"You know?"

 

Junniel nodded. "Usually you won't refuse Kai just like that." And since Kyungsoo insisted to go alone with only her, she noticed that there must be something personal that Kyungsoo wanted to talk about.

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath. "I have a cat pet, a kitten to be exact. But my kitten loves to play around with the cat even though the cat doesn't like to play with him. But my kitten doesn't easily give up and until one day the cat actually can accept him and started to play around with him. But, noona.. What should I do with my kitten when the cat leaves him one day? Especially now that my kitten seems like has fallen for the cat?"

 

Junniel smiled at Kyungsoo's metaphor. "What actually bothers our handsome Kyungsoo more? The kitten falls in love with the cat or the cat accepted the friendship offer by your kitten?" She needs to know which one bothers him the most for her to solve it.

 

"None. I'm actually rooting for the cat to be together with my kitten even though I know it might be difficult for the cat to do so." He looked straight into Junniel's eyes. He knows that Junniel get what he was trying to say.

 

"You don't blame the cat for giving such hope to your kitten?"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. "I'm glad that my kitten met the cat because without the cat I don't even realize that my kitten actually capable to love."

 

Junniel hold herself from laughing. Typical Kim Jong In. First time she met a boy that doesn't like any girl at their age. She thought that is the age they're the most blooming?

 

"What makes you think that the cat won't stay with the kitten?" She asked further. Honestly, she was quite amused with the way Kyungsoo try to convey the message. True to his personality, Kyungsoo can be delicate at times.

 

"Because life brings too much scars to the cat that the cat started to be cautious in everything that she's doing. Perhaps, the kitten reminds the cat of its painful past." Kyungsoo looked straight into Junniel's hazel eyes. He always see a glint of sadness in her beautiful round eyes. If anyone takes a closer look, they will notice that even though she's smiling, but because of her eyes, she can't really hide her sadness.

 

Junniel looked outside the window. "What did you know about noona, Kyungsoo?" That's the downside of being celebrity. You can't really secure all your past to only yourself.

 

"I'm sorry if my question after this might hurt you, noona. But the story about the guy that you met before Changmin hyung was it true?"

 

"You mean Oh Dae Han? How.. how did you know about Dae Han?" Her voice trembled.

 

No one knows about Dae Han. Not even her twin brothers. So, how Kyungsoo found out about him?

 

"He is Sehun's late brother."