What the Tao, You Had One Job.

Puppet Master

The bell in the cafe rang again just a half an hour after Tao had sprinted off.  Hui Qi turned to see him walking in, alone.  "God damn it.  I was right; he did come back in tears."  In addition to him being without the damn target, Tao was bawling his eyes out like a baby while shuffling towards their table in the back.  She could hear his sniffles from across the cafe and he was starting to make a scene from all the noise.  Hui Qi quickly got up and rushed over to Tao before herding him back to their seat from across Yejin.

 

"So, I take it you met Kris?" Yejin asked with a knowing tone.  At the mention of the man's name, Tao starting crying even harder, which Hui Qi didn't think was even possible.

 

"H-he... He was SO SCARY!" the baby man besides Hui Qi cried out.  He was basically wailing at that point and Hui Qi was getting a headache from all the visible (and so very audible) emotion; unlike him, she was more of the type to suppress feelings.

 

"Alright, alright.  Tao, for the love of god, please stop crying, you're giving me a headache."  Hui Qi rubbed her temples and sighed.  "Yejin, we can start the plan now that Tao is back.  You can head over to the campus.  I'll take Tao back home to calm him down, among other things..."  Yejin gave a quick nod and left the cafe after paying the bill.  Hui Qi led Tao out the door by the arm and they walked their way back to the guild, garnering the attention of bystanders with Tao's continuous wailing.

 


 

Sehun glanced back at the man running behind him.  “Hurry up Yixing!  We’re going to be late,” Sehun called out.

 

As he struggled to catch up, Yixing wheezed, “I carry… backpack… heavy… tired…  sorry…”  After all, Yixing didn’t have the most athletic body, not to mention also being burdened by his baggage.  “I thought… you… heavy lifting… Hui Qi… help…” Yixing sputtered out, barely managing to make his voice loud enough for Sehun.  At this point, Yixing was dragging his legs just to try to keep up with Sehun.  He didn’t think he’d last until the end.

 

Suddenly, the burden was forcefully taken off his back.  Yixing looked up and saw Sehun beside him, strapping on the backpack.  “Here.  I’ve taken your stuff.  Now pick up the pace,” ordered Sehun, already starting to run ahead.  

 

‘’Ahhh!  Be careful with that okay?  You know my precious herbs are in there!” Yixing responded, feeling much lighter now.  He dashed after Sehun, with the little stamina he had left, before colliding into Sehun’s back (actually it was his own backpack and there were metal boxes in there).

 

As Yixing nursed his nose (and tried to calm his heart rate), he heard a “Hey Sehun!  You’re here!  Ready to start the mission?” from an unfamiliar voice.  This voice was bubbly and bright, unlike Hui Qi’s commanding and abrasive tone.  

 

“Yeah, we’re ready.  Although he’s still catching his breath.”  Sehun jerked his thumb, pointing behind him and stepping out of the way so that his acquaintance could see Yixing.  “Although, “ Sehun looked around, “Where’s Hui Qi?  Wasn’t she with you, Yejin?”

 

“Well… she said she’s going to wait for you at the guild.  Tao had some… issues and Hui Qi needed to calm him down,” explained Yejin.  It wasn’t the complete truth, but Sehun didn’t need to know that.  “Oh and who’s he?  You never properly introduced me to this handsome and sweaty man,” quirked Yejin, a smirk growing on her face as she assessed Yixing from head to toe.  He had already caught his breath and by the time he processed Yejin’s words, Sehun had already spoken.

 

“Oh right.  He’s our newest recruit, Yixing.  He’s now our head cook and our guild’s healer,” boasted Sehun.  “Yixing, this is one of Hui Qi’s friends, Yejin.  Yejin is a student at Asline University, which we are currently standing next to,” indicated Sehun.  Following his gesture, Yixing’s eyes landed on multiple humongous buildings.  The leftmost building looked a bit Gothic while the other few buildings radiated a Grecian glow.  

 

Yixing stared at the buildings before realizing he was being rude and looked at the woman in front of him.  She wore a leopard print cardigan and a pair of ripped blue jeans.  Her luscious locks of hair were pulled up into a ponytail, the curls cascading down her left shoulder.  She had some light makeup on to accentuate her eyes, as well as some cute, dangly earrings.  Her brown bangs were parted to the left side, and her face was lit up in a full smile.  Yixing shook her hand and smiled back, getting the impression that the woman was very kind and sweet.  

 

That image was completely ruined when Yejin smirked and asked, “Are you two ready?”  After a nod from Sehun, she continued, “Alright, that coup- I mean pair over there is our target.  Go around the building and text me an okay before I begin distracting.”

 

After the explanation, Sehun addressed Yixing, “Alright so, we’ll need to run fast.  Wait here by the gates.  When you see me coming, RUN.  To the guild of course.  At some point, you may need to carry Joonmyeon too.”  WIthout another thought, Sehun was gone like the wind, leaving Yixing lost and confused.  Before Yixing could get around to asking Yejin for clarification, a slight buzz reached his ear.  Yejin check her phone and chuckled, ready to enjoy messing around with the rumored couple.  With a “Bye, Yixing!  Hope you’re ready!” Yejin skipped off towards the aforementioned pair.  

 

Yixing watched on as Yejin pulled the tall, tattooed guy aside, leaving his partner in the midst of eating his lunch.  A few heartbeats later, the partner suddenly squealed and was carried bridal style away by Sehun.  Yixing noticed that the tall, tattooed guy’s head snapped up and immediately he started running after Sehun.  His gaze back on Sehun, Yixing finally noticed the frantic hand motions.  Without a second thought, he ran like his life depended on it (considering Hui Qi’s personality, it probably did, to be honest).  Sehun would surely catch up soon anyways.

 

“HOLD ON!!!  WHO THE ARE YOU???  AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH JOONMYEON???” could be heard echoing across the campus as the chase started.

 

Whipping out her phone, Yejin sent out a message.  “We’re in the clear.  The dragon’s chasing the mouse.”  She chuckled to herself in amusement as she walked away from the fading commotion with a flip of her hair.

 

 


A/N:  OMG I love this ending too much!  >_<  If you guys enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to comment and/or subscribe!  Any comments are welcome!  Seeya next week with some more action!

Haha and so the chase begins.  Hope you enjoyed the chapter and see you next week!