Oh Sh*t, That’s His Normal Expression?

Puppet Master

“Oh!  I knew you would like this one Hui Qi.”  Yejin’s face lit up in excitement as she set her second cup of coffee down.  “His name is Kris.  Kris Wu.  Has the power of flight as you can probably tell.  He was my top choice for you.”

 

Hui Qi gave a side glance to Tao before looking at Yejin again.  She leaned in and, in a calmer, yet more dangerous tone, said, “Alright missy, cut the crap.  What’s the catch?  There’s no way this kid is that great without having a few flaws.  And, you used past tense.”

 

Yejin let out a fake gasp before exclaiming, “Hui Qi, I would never!  Kris would be a great addition to your team!  Guaranteed!”  She sounded innocent.  Almost, too innocent.

 

Hui Qi narrowed her eyes at the woman across from her.  “Yejin…”

 

“Oh all right!  I wasn’t lying, Kris really is as incredible as I said he was, and maybe even more.  He is very skillful at flying, quick in the air and agile to boot.  His hand to hand combat skills are top-notch.  He could probably get a hit in on Tao, or even you.”  Hui Qi scoffed at the prospect of someone being able to land a punch on her.  “Oh shush.  Hui Qi, you can be imperfect too sometimes, you know.”  Tao tried to cover his snicker before yelping when Hui Qi discreetly stomped on his foot from under the table.

 

“So back to Kris, what’s the catch?”  Hui Qi pestered once more, determined to find out why Yejin hesitated to spill the truth about the potential recruit.

 

With a bit of reluctance, Yejin bit her lip and replied, “Well… the thing about Kris is... he only really has one friend.”

 

“So?” Tao piped up.  “Hui Qi was only friends with Sehun, Kai, and I in high school.  Why does it matter?”  Yejin glared a bit at the mention of Kai, which caused Hui Qi’s lip to quirk up into a brief smile.  She doubted Yejin was ever going to get over her hatred for the travel blogger.

 

Yejin shook off her less than pleasant thoughts and continued.  “He has only one friend, Tao.  That means he’s SUPER protective about him and basically follows him around everywhere.  Almost as if he was the guy’s bodyguard… or dare I say, boyfriend.”  Yejin giggled and leaned in to tell the two in front of her, “There’s a rumor that’s been going around ever since they entered Asline: that Joonmyeon is Kris’s boy toy… if you know what I mean.  Oh, and Joonmyeon is the friend in case you couldn’t guess.”

 

Hui Qi cleared and clarified, “So, Kris is basically a flying and fighting expert… but he has a deep seated man crush on his bestie Joonmyeon.”

 

“Yep.”  Yejin replied, popping the “p”.  “That means if you want to get Kris to join, chances are you’re going to have to take in Joonmyeon as well.  And I’m not sure if Kris will like ‘his precious baby’ getting into the dangers of guild work,” Yejin added on, rolling her eyes.

 

“Don’t worry Yejin; Tao here can be pretty ‘persuasive’.  We’ll have Kris joining with or without his Joonmyeon in no time at all.”  Hui Qi patted Tao on the shoulder and he flashed a proud smile in return.

 

Yejin replied with an absent minded “hmmm” and a “We’ll see about that” before taking another sip of her coffee.  “If you want to see Kris now, he’ll probably be in front of the campus waiting for Joonmyeon to finish his classes.  Tao can try to talk to him there,” she quipped in.

 

“Alright then.  Tao, hurry up and head over to Asline and recruit Kris.  This should be easy for you, just some good old intimidation and you’ll be done,” ordered Hui Qi, eager to add another member to her guild.

 

“Yes boss.”  Tao slid out of the booth, gave a quick salute to Hui Qi and waved goodbye to Yejin before walking out of the cafe and breaking into a sprint towards the university the second he stepped outside.  Hui Qi watched his retreating figure, satisfied with their impromptu plan and its current execution.

 

While swirling the leftovers of her still-warm coffee, Yejin remarked, “You know, Tao’s really going to have his work cut out for him.  I dont know if his ’good old intimidation’ will be successful this time.”

 

“Oh?  What makes you say that?”  Hui Qi inquired with a tilt of her head.

 

“Look at this.”  Yejin swiveled the laptop back towards her and opened up another file.  She slid the laptop back towards Hui Qi who glanced down before letting out a not so quiet “.”

 

On the screen was a picture of Kris Wu.   face and all.  His hair was a dirty-blonde mess, as if he’d just woken up from a nap.  He had an earring on his left ear and deeply furrowed eyebrows.  The scowl that graced his face seemed permanent, and the features of his face were so sharp, he’d probably be able to butcher meat with them.  What really completed the look was the tattoo peeking out from his wide-collared, v-neck tshirt.  From the picture, it looked like a dragon’s head with a little bit of fire being spat out of its mouth.  It (probably) continued down his arm to end in the middle of his right bicep, the tail peeking out from the bottom of his sleeve.

 

“He’s even scarier looking than Tao.”  Hui Qi stared at the screen, meticulously analyzing Kris’s features while determining the severity of Tao’s fate.

 

Yejin scoffed and replied, “Oh, I know.  I tried telling you guys but nooo, you just didn’t want to listen to helpful little Yejin.”

 

“Oh man, Tao’s going to come back in tears, I swear to god.”  Hui Qi let out a sigh and ran her fingers through her short hair.  “Looks like I’ll need to come up with a new plan.  Wanna help Yejin?”

 

“Gladly,” Yejin responded with a smirk on her face.

 

 


A/N:  I absolutely LOVE the fact that Hui Qi misinformed Sehun.  Oh such irony!  Comment below if you were totally expecting this or just baffled!  We'd love to hear what you guys think of our story!  Please subscribe too, if you're enjoying this!  Seeya again next week guys!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited for Tao's reaction to Kris LOL.