I Swear, It was Like That When I Got Here

Puppet Master

Yixing felt like he was floating in a dark space.  All around, the scent of herbs had begun to fill his nostrils, soothing Yixing’s tired mind.  When he opened his eyes, he was met with a beautiful meadow, full with magical creatures he’d never seen nor (in some cases) heard of.  

 

Wow.  Am I in heaven?  This seems amazing.  Yixing carefully inched forward, careful not disturb all the magnificent creatures that were frolicking amongst the lush meadow.  Everywhere he turned, he noticed the rarest herbs he’d only ever dreamed about finding.  He crouched down and started the plants, eager to discover more about them than was known in books.  Every-so often, when he was done inspecting the current plant, he would notice another rare specimen and crawl over to that one.  Little by little, Yixing was invading the territory of the mythical creatures he was trying not to disturb.

 

When he was in plain sight for all to see, the animals all stared at him.  Yixing, too enraptured in examining the rare herbs, never noticed the creatures carefully observing his figure, one of the only human forms that had ever dared trespass into their enclave.  However, when he was deemed completely harmless, the creatures took up their previous activities, already bored with the human.

 

Only one creature still had his gaze locked on him.  She stood still as she watched him crawl over to her.  Her eyes were still trained on his figure when he bumped into her.

 

When Yixing looked up, he swore that he saw those anime flowers framing the beautiful creature in front of him.  The magnificent unicorn had a pelt of white with a slight purple sheen that could only been seen from certain angles.  She had a rainbow mane, the colors blending together to create an alluring sight.  Her horn reflected light everywhere, the gold color illuminating even the backs of Yixing’s retinas.  Yixing stared at the unicorn, his mouth completely agape.  

 

For a couple of moments, neither of them spoke; their gazes spoke for them.  She saw admiration in Yixing’s while he found curiosity in hers.  Finally, she was the one who broke the connection with a chuckle.

 

Welcome, dear human.  May I know your name?  Her voice resonated in Yixing’s head, startling him out of his reverie.  Yixing snapped back to this reality and stood up, brushing any accumulated dirt off of his pants.  He tried to fix himself and make himself look proper for the dazzling (and polite) unicorn before him.

 

“Uh… My name is Yixing.  Is it alright if I ask for yours too?” Yixing asked carefully.  

 

Oh, don’t be too cautious.  Her voice lightened up as to make Yixing feel more comfortable.  Mine is Aella.  Here.  She bowed down her head and asked, Would you be so kind as to accompany me around this meadow.  I would like to get acquainted with you.

 

Accepting the offer, Yixing climbed up onto Aella’s back, feeling as if he already knew how to ride a unicorn.  Time slipped the two’s consciousnesses as they toured the field and bonded with each other.

 

As the two reached the outskirts of Aella’s territory, roars and pounding could be heard.  As Aella raced back, Yixing saw fire and the burning of all those precious that he’d documented.  However, strangely enough, he didn’t seem to smell the burning of these herbs.  Tossing the abnormality to the back of his mind, he grabbed on to the sword that appeared in his hand.  

 

Look up, for your foe is there, dear Yixing.  Following Aella’s gaze, Yixing looked to see the enemy commander wielding nothing but his bare fists.  His dragon led him on his descent and the commander lept off the dragon’s back.  As the commander dove towards Yixing, his face got clearer.  It looked as if it was… Kris?

 

Bracing himself for the impact, Yixing quickly stabbed at the commander when they were close enough.  When he made contact with something firm, Yixing woke up, startled, to find Kris nursing his own face while resting on the ground beside his bed.

 

“Oi!  What was that punch for?!  You were the one who didn’t wake on time to make breakfast!” shouted Kris, completely offended that Yixing had jabbed at his face.

 

“Huh?” responded a bewildered Yixing.  He turned around and grabbed his alarm clock, seeing the time, 8:07 AM, neatly printed on it.  “What are you talking about, Kris?  It’s only 8 AM.  Thanks for waking me up though.  I was having such a realistic dream, I doubt I would’ve been able to wake up to make breakfast.”  Yixing got out of bed and stretched out, leaving Kris still sitting on the floor, dumbfounded.

 

After a couple moments of silence, Kris furrowed his eyebrows and frustratedly asked, “What do you mean MAKE breakfast?  Wasn’t breakfast supposed to be READY by 8 AM?”

 

Yixing stopped changing for a second, sleeves of the shirt on his arms, but the shirt’s collar still not over his head.  “Who did you hear that from?” inquired Yixing as he looked at Kris with a perplexed facial expression.

 

Sizing up his opponent Staring back at Yixing, Kris hissed out a “Sehun.”  Yixing let out an ‘ah’ and then proceeded to finish putting on his shirt.  “Well, um, sorry?  Sehun must’ve mistaken the times?  I mean, I don’t see anyone else awake right now plus breakfast will only be ready at 9, so…” Yixing trailed off, shrugging his shoulders and grabbing a jacket.

 

“I’m going to kill that bastard too…” Kris muttered under his breath, completely fuming and starving.

 

His ears perking up at the muttering, Yixing questioned, “Hm?  Did you say something, Kris?”  His question was left hanging in the air, only answered with a noncommittal grunt.  When Yixing went to grab the door handle, that’s when he started wondering how Kris got in.  “Um… Kris?  What happened to my door?  Is there a reason that it’s not… complete?” asked Yixing, careful as to not accidentally prick his finger on any wooden shard.

 

Kris started blushing furiously, only now realizing the consequences of his actions.  Starving and fully awake, he had pounded on Yixing’s door only to “accidentally” punch a humongous hole in it and step inside.  Once inside, he was about to slap Yixing awake when he was suddenly punched with a force that knocked him back a couple of feet off the bed (in reality, Yixing had only given Kris a light jab to the face, but with Kris, everything was a big deal, especially when it came to his face).

 

Clearing his throat nervously, Kris lied, “Uh… No.  I kinda just found that there.  By accident.”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Yixing replied, “Okay.  I guess I’ll just have to tell Hui Qi I need a new door then.”  As Yixing walked off, Kris relaxed his whole body, glad that Yixing accepted his lie.  However, once done processing Yixing’s words, Kris face-palmed.  Ah .  I need to get on Hui Qi’s good side today…  Or else I’m dead meat…  .

 

 


A/N:  I call this masterpiece the epitome of crack fic writing XD  You can never go wrong with fluffy unicorns fighting mean dragons. :P  Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and we'll seeya next week!

To be honest I have no words for this chapter, it was all cgao so yeah.  But yeah Kris is in trouble... haha I don't know why but it's so fun tormenting him in this fic.