Chill Man, They're Just Plants.

Puppet Master

“Oh and don’t forget to take Yixing with you.  He needs to gain some experience.  You need to make sure you’ve secured our target.  Okay?  I don’t need any more failures.”  Hui Qi clicked her tongue in impatience.  It was a little irksome that he was so stubborn… and that Tao was scared of his intimidating face.  She needed to make sure her plan was fool-proof so that this time, she would acquire her recruit with 100% success.

 

“Don’t worry.  I’m pretty good at making kidnappings go successfully.  Remember last time when we took Yixing?  That was all me,” Sehun reassured her.  After all, Yixing did end up joining Mirage… after that incident.

 

After a slightly mocking “Yeah yeah” from Hui Qi, she continued on.  “Alright.  I trust you to not screw this up.  I’ll text you the info about our target.  I’ll also be sending over the details of your errand.”  And with that, she hung up, leaving Sehun, still lounging on the couch, waiting for her text so that they could set their plan in motion.

 

Deciding to inform Yixing of their situation, Sehun shouted, “Hey Yixing!  Hurry up!  We’re on a crunch for time.  Hui Qi’s given us a mission,” while still checking his phone for that text.

 

After some loud thunks and a couple of yelps, Yixing poked his head out of his (presumed) bedroom and asked, “Huh?  Wait, what’s the mission?”

 

“I’ll tell you as we travel there.  First, you need to to finish packing.  Here, let me help.”  Sehun sighed as he stood up, tucking his phone into his back pocket after putting it on vibrate.  He followed Yixing into his bedroom and surveyed the room.  The only word that could really describe it was… cluttered.  There were so many herbs and books in his room.  Hell, he even filled up two complete bookshelves, front and back.  And the herbs.  After standing in the room for a couple of seconds, the smell was starting to get to him.  

 

Yixing hesitated before he asked, “Uh… How about you put my clothes away first?  I mean, I tossed all of the ones that I frequently wear onto the bed.  I just haven’t packed them away yet.”

 

Sehun nodded and rushed to the bed and started quickly folding the clothes and tossing them into a large backpack.  Would everything really fit in here?  How are we going to fit ALL of the herbs?  Sehun worked fast, even if he was still questioning the usage of a backpack rather than a duffel bag.

 

When Sehun was done assisting, he glanced around the room, only to find that Yixing had disappeared and the door to his bedroom was wide open.  Crap.  I didn’t think he’d actually try to run away from us.  Scrambling up and raising his voice, Sehun hollered, “Oi Yixing!  Where are you?”  If Yixing really ran away, it’d reflect badly on Sehun.

 

Soon, a muffled “Over here” could be heard and Sehun relaxed once more.  He swiftly followed the sound of the voice, finding Yixing deep in thought while trying to choose between two books.  For once, Yixing’s brow was furrowed as if the choice was so significant.  Sehun leaned in to get a closer look at the covers.  The first one was “Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion” and the other was “Chinese Healing, Energy, and Natural Magick”.

 

Suddenly, Sehun commented, “I would bring this book along with us.  It looks like it might be useful.  Maybe.”  Yixing was jerked out of his reverie by the voice and almost headbutted the underside of Sehun’s chin, if not for Sehun’s fast reflexes.

 

“Y-Yeah.  Sure.  I guess I’ll take this book then.”  Yixing quickly grabbed the book Sehun previously pointed to and put it on top of a stack of ten others.  “Um… so Sehun, what are you doing here?” Yixing asked hesitantly.  He didn’t expect Sehun to be done so quickly.

 

“Well, your clothes are all packed, so that leaves your books and your herbs.  Since you’re taking care of the books, I guess I’ll grab the-”

 

“N-NO!  I mean, uh, I just need this stack of books here.  I can go pack my own herbs now.  J-Just put the stack of books in my backpack and we’ll be fine,” Yixing stuttered, seemingly too eager to get to packing his herbs.  I guess he’s a bit territorial about them.  

 

Internally sighing in resignation, Sehun uttered, “Alright then.  But hurry up and pack now, we don’t have a lot of time to be lingering here.  We need to-”  Just then his schpiel was interrupted with a vibration.  Now we really have to hurry.  Can’t disappoint the boss.  “As I was saying, stop staring at me and go pack your herbs, we leave in 2 minutes, with or without them,” snapped Sehun.  Yixing needed to pick up the pace or else he’d never survive in Mirage.  And with that mini-scolding, Yixing gulped and scrambled away, making a mental note to not upset Sehun in the future either.  

 

Sehun bent down and grabbed the stack of books and quickly made his way back to the backpack.  He strategically lined the books up to make use of every inch of space in the backpack.  When he was done, he leisurely settled onto the bed, waiting for Yixing to finish.  He didn’t bother helping Yixing any more since he figured that his herbs were a delicate topic.

 

While Yixing was flitting about his herb storage, trying to pack away everything into smaller bags that could later be packed into the large backpack, Sehun plucked his phone out of his pocket to check the text that he had gotten.  

 

When he opened up the application, he first noticed the picture of the target, Kim Joonmyeon.  He had a bit of the same hairstyle that Yixing had: light-brown hair with his bangs swept to the right.  Joonmyeon had an awkward smile on and wore a simple grey sweater.  As long as he kept the same hairstyle, Sehun figured he’d have no trouble finding the guy.

 

Continuing on, he noticed a set of instructions.  He read, “This kid has a bit of a protector.  Luckily, the protector is Yejin's friend (kinda) and she’s agreed to distract him… with an additional price, so DO NOT screw this up.  While the ‘protector’ is distracted, grab the target and run like hell.  DO NOT let the other guy catch you.  Run to the guild.  YOU MUST BE SUCCESSFUL.  Don’t forget to bring Yixing along.  We begin the plan in 10.”

 

Reaching the end, Sehun chuckled.  Hui Qi put in a lot more effort this time for this recruit; judging by the length and depth of the text, failure was not to be an option unless he wanted to meet Death at the ripe age of 19.  He shuddered a little and shook the thought off.  He was going to make this plan successful; at this point, the means didn’t really matter too much.  Making use of waiting for Yixing, he started planning out his route towards the address provided.

 

Just as he finished, Sehun looked up when he felt a dip in the bed.  Yixing splayed himself next to Sehun, panting as if he had just run a marathon.

 

“I see you’re ready, and it’s only been 83 seconds.  Come on, put on your backpack.  We’re leaving,” ordered Sehun.  It was now really crunch time.  They had less than 10 minutes to get to the aforementioned address and set the plan into motion.

 

 


A/N: Whew!  Already chapter 6.  Sorry if this chapter's a bit less thrilling than some of the others.  Our initial plan was for the target to be captured but... whoops?  Haha.  Nevertheless, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.  If you like our fic, please subscribe!  Have a great day and seeya next week!

Yo Yixing really does need to chill with the plants though.  Maybe he has some not so legal herbs to hide from Sehun in his repertoire... lol jk don't do drugs. ;D