Four? Five? Who Knows Anymore?

Puppet Master

“So, I have to ask.  What do you plan on doing in the future; have you finally decided to take over Byun Enterprises?”  Yejin was standing in front of the couch, a pen and pencil in her hands while her phone recorded the entire conversation from her shirt pocket.  She was in full business mode, completely focused on her once-in-a-lifetime chance to get an interview with the Byun Baekhyun.  (Because who cared that it was actually Kibum who spent the effort to try to get the interview and he was the real person who deserved to conduct it?  Certainly not Yejin.)

 

Baekhyun considered Yejin’s question for all of 5 seconds before belting out a “Heck no!  I’m not going to work a stupid desk job!”  He crossed his arms with a pout on his face and turned his head away from Yejin as if what she had just asked offended him.

 

He glanced around the guild ignoring Yejin’s stare.  His eyes first landed on Kris, his kidnapp- new friend, then onto Hui Qi, the girl who welcomed him into the building.  Oh my gosh! I know what I want to do!  Stupid Baekhyun, why didn’t you think of this before!?

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath before essentially shrieking, “I’M GOING TO JOIN YOU GUYS!”

 

“...Say what now?”  Hui Qo looked at the boy sitting on the couch incredulously.  “Now now...Let’s hold on here rich boy… This was not part of the plan.”  Baekhyun cocked his head up like a confused puppy at Hui Qi.  “Don’t look at me like that!  Since when did I extend an invitation for you to join?  You’re here for ransom money and that is that.”  Now Baekhyun was pouting again and Yejin was chuckling in the background.  Kris had given up on dealing with the boy a while ago.  He had been way too much for Kris to deal with especially after they separated from Sehun and Tao.  With the two of them alone, Baekhyun had no choice (Kris thinks he did, but Baekhyun would agree to disagree) but to talk in his ear the entire way back.

 

“Hui Qi, I swear to god if you let him join, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.”  Kris let out an exhausted huff before half walking half floating his way up the stairs to his room.

 

“As much as I hate to agree with Kris, I think he’s right.  Baekhyun you are not joining the guild and that’s final.”  Hui Qi crossed her arms and glared at the boy sitting on the couch.  She could see him getting riled up and was about to brace herself for a screaming match of a lifetime to keep him away when the front door busted open.

 

Tao stomped his way into the decrepit building completely ignoring everyone in the living room and planted his on the couch next to Baekhyun.

 

Next, Sehun came through the door, not nearly as seething as Tao was but still visibly annoyed.  He seemed to be dragging something in from behind him.  “Thanks for the help, Tao.  I really appreciate it.”  Sehun sarcastically called out, still struggling to get what everyone could now see was a person, through the door.  Tao just brooded and flipped Sehun off in response.

 

“… What’s got Tao all pissy?”  Yejin finally glanced up from her notepad to notice the situation around her.  Tao was glaring at the unconscious body, Baekhyun and Hui Qi were still in a makeshift glaring contest, and Sehun was lying like a starfish on the floor, exhausted.  “As much as I’d like to stay, I think I’ll be heading out now.  Tell Yixing I’ll be back soon for our date.”  Yejin wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and then sprinted out the door.

 

Hui Qi was the first to break the uncomfortable silence.  “So… Who’s the slob knocked out on our floor?”

 

Sehun was too exhausted to even open his mouth so Tao had to respond to the question in his stead.  “Why don’t you ask Pastry Bake over there since this goddamn vagrant seems so keen on saving him.”

 

Hui Qi’s eyes widened in surprise.  She quickly squatted down besides Sehun and observed the body lying on the ground.  “You pulled him off the streets?”

 

Sehun nodded his head and rasped “Yeah… it was… not pretty…”

 

“… I would imagine.”  Hui Qi shuddered as she imagined what Tao did to the slovenly figure on the ground.  “... Also… who the hell is pastry bake?”

 

“I think he means ‘Bake’-hyun, but who knows with a guy like this.”  Although Sehun did not hate the homeless man with a passion like Tao did, he was still mad about having to deal with their fight in the street.  The man almost burned down an entire block fleeing fighting Tao’s attacks before Sehun could calm the time manipulator down enough to end the fight.  Sehun ended up having to deal the finishing move on Chanyeol all while convincing Tao to reverse the damage they had done on the street.

 

“Um guys...what’s going on?”  Joonmyeon came down the stairs with Yixing in tow.

 

Hui Qi gave Joonmyeon a quick once over before stating, “Nothing much.  We kidnapped two people instead of one today courtesy of Tao and Sehun.”

 

“WE WHAT?  WHAT KIND OF GUILD KIDNAPS PEOPLE?  WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?” exploded Joonmyeon.

 

Tao winced at Joonmyeon’s volume. “We kidnapped two people today alright?  Whoop-de-doo.  That brings our total to four.”

 

“FOUR!  Oh my god, I think I’m going to have a heart attack.  Who else did you guys take?  I can’t believe this.  Kidnapping.  Does this make me an accomplice?  Oh god.  Oh no.  Ok guys, please no more stealing people, it’s not good for my heart.  It’s also illegal you know.  Oh my…”  Joonmyeon clutched his heart, staggering a bit.  It took all of his strength not to collapse into Yixing’s arms and drag him to the ground.

 

Tao raised an eyebrow in confusion at Joonmyeon’s hysterics.  “Are you serious?  How have you not realized this?  You count as one of those four.”

 

“Me?! I joined on my own though!  What do you mean you kidnapped me?!”  Joonmyeon exclaimed, completely baffled by all the new information that was being tossed at him.  Although Joonmyeon was in the top quartile of his class, that only applied in academic situations.  Otherwise, he was pretty dense.

 

Kris’ roar could be heard echoing throughout the building, “God damn it Joonmyeon, stop shouting; I can hear you from all the way up here!  And how the hell did you not realize they kidnapped you? They literally grabbed you off the street!  And what the Tao, why am I not included in this?  You guys tied me up in ropes for god’s sake! ROPES! How does that NOT count as kidnapping me?!”

 

Sehun chuckled and whispered to Hui Qi, “It’s a good thing we got Yixing first then.  Otherwise Joonmom might’ve tried to stop us.”

 

Totally ignoring the second half of Kris’ rant, Joonmyeon continued to think.  “Four? That means… me plus those two… so… who’s the fourth?  Oh my god who’s the fourth!?”  Joonmyeon was repeatedly counting the names on his fingers trying to figure out who the fourth illegally obtained member was.


Yixing placed a hand on the small of Joonmyeon’s back in attempts to soothe him (and his turmoiled heart).  “Now now.  Let’s not fuss too much about it.  What’s done is done.  Why don’t we go have some of the soup I put on the stove a while ago.  It should be done simmering by now.  Ah!  Should I make extra food for our...” he started counting, “... two guests too?”

 


A/N: somtimes I think wtf Yixing -> like how is he so calm >_< and Joonmyeon is such an idiotttttt XDDDD He's way too dense for his own good (wonder why Kris is friendzoned ;P)  Hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter and we'll seeya next week

I feel pretty bad for ignorant Joonmyeon in this chapter :P but it's still funny.

Also IMPORTANT: Since exams are coming up for cgao and I, we'll be taking a mini hiatus.  We'll hopefully be back on Jan. 30th.  (But it might end up being a little bit longer).  ^_^ Sorry guys!  We'll seeya... sometime later?