For the Love of God, Fix That Watch.

Puppet Master

“Hey!  You all there!  What are you doing?  Stop right now!”

“Ahem.  I need back up here in Wenmo’s city square.  We have three delinquent teenagers being nuisances.”

 

.  .  .  Why are the cops here now?  

 

“What the hell Sehun?  I thought you said the cops wouldn’t be coming around for another 5 minutes?” Hui Qi hissed at the man crouching next to her behind the bushes.  She had short brown hair that ended right above her shoulders.  She wore a tight fitting brown tank top and camouflage pants along with her signature black boots.

 

“Sorry… I think my watch is broken… I meant 2 minutes…” Sehun mumbled sheepishly.  Unlike Hui Qi, Sehun’s look was more conspicuous.  His hair was all sorts of pinks, purples, blues, and whites mixed up and ruffled about.  He wore all black paired with some black frames to blend into the crowd.  Needless to say, it did not help.

 

“This is why I told you all that it would be better to scope out Yixing’s house at night,” whined the man crouching on Hui Qi’s other side.  This man wore a loose, light-grey tank.  His naturally, curly black hair was not styled, in hopes of blending in with the shapes of the bushes if they needed coverage.  

 

“ that Tao.  Night time is sleep time.”  Hui Qi looked around her and could spot the stampede of cops headed their way.  God damnit.  Those stupid cops are ruining our plan.  Alright, I guess it’s time for plan B then.  “Ah it, we don’t have time for this.  Sehun, just grab him before the cops catch us!” Hui Qi ordered as she ruffled her hair in frustration.

 

Sehun looked at her incredulously and exclaimed, “Wait what? Seriously? We’re going to kidnap this man in broad daylight?”  She was definitely pushing their chances of getting away with the kidnapping since it was broad daylight.  

 

“Yeah?  So what?  Hurry up man!  We don’t have much time!”  Hui Qi grabbed Sehun and Tao by their wrists and pulled them towards the target: Zhang Yixing.

 

Who was Zhang Yixing?  He was the best healer.  Ever.  He was an Elucian just like them.  Although healing powers were more common in the Elucian minority, there was just no one who could compare with Yixing.  His powers were respected by everyone in town, maybe even in the whole area.  Therefore, Hui Qi thought it was crucial that Yixing was a part of their guild.  She needed to have the best healer on her side before her guild could go on high level jobs.  (And maybe part of it was to show up the rival guild : Lost Souls...but no need to dwell on that now.)

 

“Everyone!  We’re separating!  See you all in the guild before sundown!” Hui Qi shouted as she let go of the two men and ran through the crowd, abandoning them in the street.

 

The cops saw the group of three split themselves up, and accordingly sent their own people to chase after them.  They needed to catch the scoundrels that were disturbing the peace of this beautiful town.  Well, the kids were just loitering, but that was as good as any reason to try to arrest them (since not much happens in the city of Wenmo anyways).

 

Tao smirked slightly at Sehun before bumping his shoulder lightly against the other’s and shouting, “Good luck, you’re going to need it.”  With that, Tao also ran off, leaving Sehun alone to accomplish the task upon him by Hui Qi.

 

Sehun let out a small sigh before rolling his sleeves up to his elbows.  He dashed forward, weaving through the crowded city square before reaching an arm out towards his target.  His target, Yixing, wore a casual, navy blue v-neck that was accentuated by a long pendant.  To offset his dark clothes, he wore a pair of loose, white jeans.  His light brown bangs were carefully swept to the right, hanging down a bit because his nose was stuck in a book.  Yixing was never very conscious of his surroundings, making this makeshift kidnapping a lot easier than the usual ones.  

 

Sehun wrapped his arm around Yixing’s stomach and hauled him up to his shoulders with ease.  Not surprisingly, Yixing was as light as he looked.  His small build definitely had some perks for his kidnappers.

 

“Please, just stay quiet and try not to struggle.  It’ll make things a lot easier for the both of us.”  Sehun readjusted the man on his shoulders to make sure he wouldn’t fall and started to run in the direction of the guild.

 

Now that he had secured the target, all he needed to do was return to the guild as quickly as possible.  Good thing Sehun was always known for being quick on his feet in high school thanks to his ability: wind manipulation.  Outrunning those cops would be a breeze.  Literally.

 

Yixing was suddenly jolted out of reading his book from the sudden movement and looked up to see his world shaking.  After noticing his position, he indignantly asked, “Why am I being carried like a sack of potatoes? I am not potatoes.”  He didn’t even understand how he got up there in the first place.  

 

Sehun huffed and glared at him.  Well, it was his , since his head was facing Sehun’s back.  “Didn’t I tell you to be quiet?  So shut up before I make you shut up.”  Yixing quickly shut his trap for the rest of the trip back to the guild.  A bit bored now (and confused, because he surely didn’t remember the man telling him to be quiet before), Yixing resumed reading his book, the one he didn’t even pay for.  There was no reason to waste an opportunity to learn more about medicinal herbs, especially since he was a healer.  He always prided himself on his extensive knowledge of herbs.

 

Sehun glanced over his shoulder, looking for the cops that tried to chase him.  Surprisingly, he couldn’t find them.  Although he did pride himself on his speed, he didn’t think the cops would be that easy to lose.  

 

Sehun slowed down his pace a bit until he heard, “Oi!  Kid!  Get back here!  I need to charge you for loitering!” being shouted from his left.  Sehun, reacting quickly, chose to extend his route to assure himself that the cops would be lost by the time he reached the guild.

 

After almost 15 minutes, Sehun arrived at the entrance of the guild roughly plopping Yixing on his feet.  It took Sehun two shoulder taps and a fake cough before Yixing turned around and glanced up from his book.  He gasped in shock.  The building looked horrible to him.  Rather than a building, it was more like a shack.  Vines were growing up the brick walls and windows were missing shutters.  The door was almost completely off its hinges and the roof was void of any shingles.  

 

Sehun noticed Yixing’s apprehension towards the building and chuckled.  “You better get used to it.  Welcome to our guild, and your new home: Mirage.”

 

“Wait... huh?”

 

 


A/N: Hey again!  First chapter's out!!!  I'm actually so excited! ^-^  If you like it, please suscribe.  Thanks for reading, and hope to see you again next chapter!

Hello! I don't have much to say lol. I hope you enjoy our first chapter though!  Constructive criticism is appreciated (especially if you find any grammar errors haha).