Girl, Rainbow is Totally Not Your Color.

Puppet Master

“Hey, Baekhyun,” shouted Hui Qi, “How long does it take you to put on the same clothes you wore yesterday?”  Hui Qi was lounging on the couch, completely bored out of her mind as she had been waiting for Baekhyun for over an hour already.  “Come on!  Are you trying to make your associate wait?”

 

Baekhyun pranced down the stairs, nearly falling through the hole.  “Ugh, we really have to find a place that’s less… brittle.  And yes, I’m Byun Baekhyun after all; my associate should be waiting for me, no matter how long I take.”  When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he skipped over to the front of the couch and did a twirl.  “So, Hui Qi, what do you think?  Fabulous right?”

 

Rolling her eyes, Hui Qi stood up and brushed past him, snagging his collar on the way.  “I don’t care.  Let’s just go.”  She dragged him to the doorstep, before turning around and yelling, “We’re gonna be out for the whole day so no need to make us any food.”  While she was addressing whomever was left in the guild, Baekhyun was struggling to get out of Hui Qi’s grip.  His efforts were futile as he was dragged outside.  When the door to the guild creaked shut, Hui Qi finally let go of Baekhyun’s scruff, to watch him stumble and try to regain his balance.

 

“So, where to, Princess Baekhyun?” inquired Hui Qi sarcastically.  

 

After straightening up his clip-on tie, Baekhyun replied, “Lead me to somewhere more populated.  From there we should be able to catch a taxi and head into the capitol, Utros, and meet my associate.”  When Hui Qi didn’t move, he looked over to see her staring at him with a cocked eyebrow.  “What?  Don’t look at me like that.  I had to have learned something about this country from those tutors my dad hired for me afterall.  We’ll definitely need to get a guild located in Utros if you want to make a name out of Mirage,” muttered Baekhyun, clearly bitter about his “heir” position.

 

“Alright then.”  Looks like he’s not a complete idiot.  Hui Qi started walking, leading Baekhyun into Wenmo’s town center, a bustling marketplace where the ports were easily accessible and all the important stores are located within a 20 minute walk.

 

“Well look who we have here.  If it isn’t little miss Hui Qi?”

 

… I know that voice.  “Hello… G-dragon…”  A fake smile could be clearly seen plastered on Hui Qi’s face as she turned to face the owner of the voice.  “To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?”  Her hands were curled into tight fists by her sides in tense restraint as she stared at G-dragon.  Half of his head was shaved, leaving his natural hair color behind as stubble, while the other half reached the floor, puddling around behind him just like a wedding train would.  For this strange and impractical hair style, G-dragon opted for bright orange hair and topped the whole look with an overly bedazzled beanie.

 

“Hui Qi, what are those… appalling things?” questioned Baekhyun as he examined the group of people in front of him.  His face twisted into a grimace at the sight of their sense of fashion.  Long, unruly (more like crazy) hair and sagging pants.  To Baekhyun, they embodied the essence of true hooligans.

 

Hui Qi grit her teeth and replied to Baekhyun, “Those things, are what people call the Lost Souls.  Mirage’s rival guild.”

 

“I see you finally found a new member.  No longer just hanging out with your high school friends huh?” questioned another punk on G-dragon’s right.  This one had his hair up in a mowhawk, with the tip reaching a couple inches above his forehead.  The left side of his head had an R shaved into it while the other side had an M.  He wore black stone earrings that complimented his black long-sleeve shirt.  To complete the whole “gangster” look, he wore white sunglasses and a double-looped gold chain necklace.

 

“Shut your trap Rapmon.  I’ll have you know that Mirage has been expanding.  So off.”  Hui Qi sent a glare in the man’s direction and let out a snarl.  Baekhyun widened his eyes, startled by the sudden hostility from her.  What happened to the friendly guild leader that had greeted him before?

 

Undaunted by Hui Qi’s aggressive behavior, a girl sauntered out from the back of the group.  She had long, wavy, brown hair accented by bright yellows, blues and pinks that somewhat matched the floral print dress she was wearing.  Needless to say, her attempted “rainbow” hair color did not fit her as well as Sehun’s did.  

 

“And this kid is your newest member?  Pathetic.  I would think even you could do better than this, Hui Qi.”  The girl walked up to Baekhyun and ruffled his hair as if he was a child.  He stiffened when her hand made contact with his head, and his eyes narrowed slightly at the bold move.  “I do feel kind of sorry that he’s stuck with your ty guild though,” she cooed with false pity, ending her phrase with a light pat on Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

“How. Dare. You.  NO ONE touches my hair.  And ESPECIALLY NOT MY FACE.”  Baekhyun was visibly seething with anger.  “I’ll kill you !”  He lifted a hand into the air, ready to strike the hooligans, especially the rainbow haired in front of him who defiled his flawless profile.

 

Remembering a little detail from Yejin’s profile about Baekhyun’s ability to blind, Hui Qi muttered, “Oh , this better not be what I think it is.”  Hui Qi quickly ran to the nearest shop and snagged a pair of dark sunglasses off the display table outside before ducking down behind a large potted plant.  Baekhyun let out a yell and suddenly a flash of white light surrounded the town square.

 

“Oh my god!  My eyes!  You little , you blinded me!”  The girl who “assaulted” Baekhyun screamed and the cries of the other Lost Souls members could be heard as well (the other citizens of Wenmo were also temporarily blinded by Baekhyun’s powerful blast… but let’s not think about that).

 

Baekhyun looked at the group in front of him in triumph only to see a blur of black charging straight at him.  The black blob crashed into him and Baekhyun lost his focus as pain surged through his body.  The light diminished, allowing Hui Qi to see that it was Rap Monster, the only one with sunglasses, who tackled Baekhyun.  Currently, Rap Monster was holding Baekhyun in a chokehold, feeling confident that he would soon win the squabble.  

 

“Pastry Bake!  I’m coming to save you!”  Startled by the strange cry, Hui Qi looked over to see a tall figure hurling itself towards Baekhyun and Rap Monster.  The tall figure caught Rap Monster off guard and the two crashed together on the sidewalk.

 

Hui Qi moved out from behind the plant, her retinas undamaged.  She slid her sunglasses halfway down her nose to inspect the scene in front of her.  “What the hell is Chanyeol doing here?”

 

“I’m here to save Pastry Bake of course!” Chanyeol shouted from on top of the struggling Rap Monster.  His face broke into a lopsided grin as he triumphantly held up a pair of scissors.

 

“You were going to save him… with a pair of scissors?  Where did you even get those?”  Hui Qi asked, a befuddled look on her face.

 

“Wait, scissors?  Hey, Chanyeol was it?  You want to hand those over to me?  I need to borrow them for a quick second.”  Not waiting for Chanyeol’s response, Baekhyun reached over and snatched the scissors out of his (grimy) hands.  He then turned to the rest of the Lost Souls members, lying on the ground whilst covering their eyes, and grabbed the locks closest to him (which happened to be a certain girl’s expensively done rainbow highlights).


“This will teach you about touching Byun Baekhyun’s fabulous hair.”

 


A/N: Whoops, looks like diva Baek went all out! XD  If you guys enjoyed the chapter, comment and subscribe!  We'd love to hear from ya'll.  Seeya next week!

Seriously though what did Chanyeol think he could do with those scissors lmao.