Things are Finally Starting to Heat Up

Puppet Master

“Hey.  Hey… Hey!  HELLOO!  Hi!  Answer me!”  Baekhyun writhed around in Kris’ grasp as he shouted directly into his ear.  “Who are you!  Where are you taking me!?  How’d you get so tall? What’s your name?  Is your hair naturally blonde?”

 

“OH. MY. GOD.  Someone, please, get this annoying brat to shut up!”  Kris winced as the brown haired boy continued to pester him.  The surprisingly light 22 year old was lying over Kris’ shoulder; he was pounding his fists against Kris’ chest and his legs were kicking around behind him.

 

Sehun openly snorted at Kris’ struggle and led the group that consisted of him, Tao, and Kris through the alleyway connected to their target’s current hotel of residence.  The alleyway was dark despite it being only 11 in the morning due to the hotel’s towering height blocking out any sunlight.  Sehun almost tripped in the dark over something that felt like a thin log and warned Tao and Kris behind him of the safety hazard.

 


 

Chanyeol woke up with a start.  Someone had just tripped over his outstretched legs.  He could feel his calf throbbing from the harsh kick but his attention was directed away from the pain towards a voice in his alley home.  “Hurry guys!  This won’t be as ‘easy’ as it was with Yixing.  Byun’s men will be on our trail any minute now!”

 

He heard another voice call out in what he assumed was shock.  “What the hell?  Mirage kidnapped Yixing too?  I thought Baekhyun would be the third.”  Chanyeol snapped out of his post-sleep stupor at the most recent statement.  Baekhyun?  They don’t mean Pastry Bake do they?  They can’t take Bake away!  How else will I get my daily sweets!?

 

“S-Stop!  Stop right there!”  Mustering up the little courage he had Chanyeol called out to the three figures disappearing down the alleyway.  “Bring back my Pastry Bake right now!  He’s too cute and nice to be kidnapped!”  The three figures either couldn’t hear Chanyeol or decided to ignore him; to be fair, what kind of criminal would stop their crime mid-progress just to be caught?  Chanyeol staggered to his feet and began to chase after the kidnappers, his gait somewhat resembling a giraffe.

 


 

“Guys? Did you hear something?”  Tao tilted his head to listen for any obscure noises.

 

“Ignore it Tao, maybe it was a homeless ferret or something.  Who knows what lives in these disgusting alleyways.”  Sehun responded with a huff.  The gross back alleys that the members always had to take to get jobs down was starting to get to Sehun.  Sehun already lived in a dump; he didn’t want to work in a dump too.

 

“Ugh!  Why is this taking so long?  Why is the dorm so far away.  I wish we could just fly there or something, my feet are killing me.”

 

“...”  Sehun and Tao both stared at Kris in bewilderment.

 

“.  How could I forget!?  Alright losers, I’m out.  Meet you back at the trash-hole you call a home.”  Kris flew up into the air with Baekhyun still on his shoulders.  Sehun and Tao could hear the yells of the target fading away: “WOAH!  ARE We Going to flyyyyy?!”

 

Sehun let out a sigh of relief at Kris’ (but more Baekhyun’s) departure.  “Man that kid is annoying.  No wonder he stays in hotels instead of at home.  I wouldn’t want him around 24/7 either.”

 

Tao nodded in agreement before he came to a shocking realization.  “Sehun… you don’t think... Hui Qi wants to recruit him right?  She won’t have him stay at Mirage… right?”  Tao audibly shuddered at the thought of what Sehun said coming true: having to be around, not to mention living with Baekhyun 24/7.

 

Hui Qi had been even more vague than usual for the request to kidnap Baekhyun, son of Byun Enterprises.  All they were given was his physical description and the room and hotel he was (no longer) staying at.  She had hinted at needing Baekhyun for Yejin but Tao could sense there was something more to it.  However, before he could think anymore on the subject, his thoughts were interrupted by a deep voiced cry.

 

“NOOOOOOOOO!  Pastry Bake!  Come back!”  A incredibly tall man came barreling down the street from behind Sehun and Tao.  His clothes were ragged and dirty, his hair unkempt and bushy.  He looked like a homeless vagabond.  In fact, he was one.

 

“Aw .  Tao don’t look now, but there’s someone chasing after us… or maybe his pastry flew away in the wind… I’m not too sure.”  Sehun squinted at the figure in the dark alley before he warned the other not to turn around as Tao had certain “issues” about the homeless; if he were to see one now, the outcome would not be pretty.

 

“What are you talking about Sehun?  Who was that voice just now?”  Tao looked over his shoulder and instantly spotted the “disgusting, dirty, EVIL VAGRANT!  You!  Who are you and why are you chasing us!”  He lowered his stance and pointed straight at Chanyeol with a glare in his eyes.  Before the “vagrant” had a chance to realize who was yelling at him, Tao lurched forward yelling, “I’ll kill you!  Vile creature!”  Sehun had tried to grab Tao by the collar to prevent him from maiming the man before them but he was too slow, even as a wind manipulator.

 

Tao had started his attack; he sprinted towards Chanyeol and then tackled him with one shoulder.  Once his victim was down, he quickly grabbed his neck with both hands, using his thumbs to press down as hard as he could right about the man’s adam’s apple.  Tao had been strangling Chanyeol for all of 10 seconds before his hands started to heat up.  “What the he-”  Suddenly the heat was excruciating.  Tao’s hands felt as if they were suffering from first degree burns.  He quickly retreated and leaped a few paces back.

 

“What did you just do!  Scum!  You burned my hands!”  Tao almost hissed like a feral cat at the tall man.  Sehun was cautiously approaching the fight from behind his companion.  At the moment, Tao was a ticking time bomb, ready to explode.  If Sehun wasn’t careful enough, he too could end up with a pair of hands around his throat.


Chanyeol huffed exasperatedly, trying to catch his breath before yelling, “I’m not scum!  M-My name is Ch-Chanyeol and I’m here… I’m here to SAVE BAKE!”

 


A/N: It's the debut chapter of Chan(and)Baek.  First update of the yearrrrrr!!!  Hope ya'll are enjoying this new year right now!  Seeya next week w/ a new chapter!

Man, angry Tao was interesting to write to say the least.  Anyways, happy new years guys!