Maybe He Just Doesn’t Like You Kibum

Puppet Master

“Now that the deal is settled, why don’t we… talk about how ADORABLE this whole Kris and Joonmyeon thing is!” squealed Yejin.  “Like seriously, Kris being shy for once is SO CUTE!  Oh my gosh!”  She continued scrolling through the pictures and videos that were sent to her a while ago.

 

Hui Qi cocked an eyebrow and confirmed, “And by ‘cute’ you mean ‘perfect blackmail material’, right?”  

 

“Well, of course!” exclaimed Yejin.  “If he doesn’t obey, I can only imagine how flustered he’ll be with almost the entire student body following him around, pestering him with all these questions.”  Getting to the videos, she burst into laughter just by seeing Kris flop around.  “Here, Hui Qi.  Come watch with me!  I’m thinking of making a GIF out of this video. So what do you think: which section of the video should I use?” inquired Yejin, the gleam in her eye never fading.

 

Sighing, Hui Qi scooched over towards Yejin, somewhat ready to satisfy her whims, seeing as Yejin was a helpful informant (and possibly even synonymous to a best friend).  The two started discussing the videos taken, digging into the details of the interrogation and recruitment of the rumored ‘couple’.  

 

As they wrapped up their discussion about the two new recruits, Hui Qi had a sudden inquiry.  “Hey, Yejin?” asked Hui Qi, leaning on her left arm to look at Yejin head on.  Yejin responded with a “hmm?”, completely enraptured by her phone.  Taking that as a sign to continue, Hui Qi wondered aloud, “How did you manage to get that picture of Yixing and Joonmyeon?”

 

“Ahhh, that huh?”  Yejin locked her screen and put her phone down on the sheets, mirroring Hui Qi’s pose,  “You remember Hongbin, right?  My precious newspaper’s photographer?  He was the one who captured it,” recalled Yejin.

 

“At first, when I texted him about it, he totally pissed me off when he said he was out.  Even though he said he’d hurry back to get on their trail, I figured that the whole story was going to be a bust.  But, a couple minutes later, he texted me saying he’d found Joonmyeon with ANOTHER guy, NOT Kris.  And I knew then and there that that would become the cover story of our newspaper this week!  It might even be the buzz for the next few weeks, who knows?  I’m sure that a scandal of THIS size hasn’t happened for a while,” Yejin spoke animatedly, falling onto her back after finishing her story.

 

“So basically, Hongbin supposedly failed, but actually got you an even better scoop, huh?” Hui Qi reiterated, this time, she was the one to mirror Yejin.  “Well, glad it all worked out for the better.  I got great blackmail material, you got your great scoop, and Hongbin saves his own .  Perfect.”

 

As Yejin opened to agree with Hui Qi, she was suddenly cut off by the shrill chiming of bells.  Shooting up, Yejin returned to her original position, resting on her elbows, to check her newest, potentially important notification.  She set this tone for anyone in her newspaper and, of course, Hui Qi.  Quickly typing in her password, Yejin unlocked her phone to find that Hongbin had sent her some more pictures.  Her eyes widened as she tried to contain another squeal.  Things were definitely going great today!

 

Noticing the awkward pause and furious sounds of typing, Hui Qi requested, “You better share that terribly interesting information you’ve just received.”

 

Yejin scoffed and replied, “But of course!  I bet you won’t believe it, either.”

 

Hui Qi opened her eyes and cocked her head towards Yejin while responding amusedly, “Alright, hit me up with this so-called ‘unbelievable intel’.”

 

Yejin, still scrolling through her phone, stated, “Byun Baekhyun, the son of the Byun Enterprise's CEO, was spotted entering our school right after his father.  Baekhyun is such an famous icon that naturally Kibum, my best reporter, tried to get an interview with him.”

 

Furrowing her brow, Yejin continued, “But Baekhyun is being such a stickler and won’t accept the interview with Kibum.  And Kibum’s both persistent and persuasive, the two P’s that make him perfect for my team!”  As Hui Qi opened , Yejin cut her off with, “Here.  Picture proof,” while promptly shoving the phone in her face.

 

“Byun Enterprise, huh…” mused Hui Qi as she pushed the phone back out of her face.

 

Not noticing a smile creeping onto Hui Qi’s face, Yejin went back to browsing through her phone in frustration, still ranting on about how the interview would be so exclusive that it’d boost sales of her newspaper by at least 10%, seeing as the fangirls of Baekhyun would want more than just one copy.  Reaching the peak of her irritation, Yejin groaned, “UGH!  I REALLY wish I could get that interview with Baekhyun.”

 

Breaking her silence, Hui Qi suggested, “I just might have a way to arrange that, Yejin.”  A smirk was forming on her face as the room turned silent.  Even though she was not looking, Hui Qi knew that Yejin had focused her (now) owl-wide eyes onto Hui Qi’s form, demanding an explanation.  

 

“Oh, and this wish will be granted on the house; I’ll still set you up on that date with Yixing,” added Hui Qi, prompting Yejin to raise her eyebrows.

 

“Hooo… How uncharacteristically generous of you, Hui Qi.  And to what do I owe this astronomical change in personality to?” Yejin remarked sarcastically, genuinely surprised at the outcome of their “Girl’s Night”.  

 

“Consider it a present for all of the… favors you’ve done for me up until now,” Hui Qi proposed hesitantly.  “Well, that and, I’m going to need some way to track down this Baekhyun fellow.  Just knowing that he’s the son of Byun Enterprise is not going to cut it.”

 

Yejin, her gaze returning back to Hui Qi, started smiling.  “Ohhh…  So you’ll need information, correct?  What kind of information?” interrogated Yejin, eyes sparkling at the prospect of another challenge.

 

Satisfied with Yejin’s response, Hui Qi ordered, “I’ll need a basic summary of his profile, what he does for fun, and his current hotel.”

 

“So, you want a stalker and a profile of Byun Baekhyun.  I know just the people for the job.”  Yejin started tapping away on her phone, eager at the chance to get a proper interview out of Baekhyun.  “Aaaanddd….. sent!  Now, shouldn’t you be informing Sehun and Tao of the plan?”

 

After considering the idea (actually, she had already made up her mind), Hui Qi shook her head and said, “Nah.  I’m sure a little improvisation never killed anyone.  Besides, I think my new recruits will be perfect for this job.”


“Suit yourself then.”

 


A/N:  LOL What's with Hui Qi and kidnapping?  >_<  Please comment and subscribe guys!  We'd love to hear from ya'll!  Seeya next chapter!!!

Lmao good thing Hongbin saved his otherwise who know what Yejin would have done.  Thanks for reading!  Also oh my god next chapter I have no words...be prepared.