For the Last Time, Yejin, He's Keeping All of His Teeth.

Puppet Master

Hui Qi and Tao headed out to meet their long time friend and informant, Lee Yejin. Yejin and Hui Qi were almost polar opposites: while the Mirage leader was rough and rowdy, Yejin was a sweet model student.  Still, they were the best of friends.  Yejin was a student in Asline University along with thousands of others, including both Elucians and normal humans.  Asline University was the top of the top, in addition to it having one of the highest rated educational programs on Vespa, it was the best graduate school an Elucian could go to in order to hone their magical skill.

 

Hui Qi loved Yejin as a person, but she loved her as an informant even more.  Every year, Asline would host mock fights between the Elucian students to test their competence.  And every year, a few days after the fights ended, Hui Qi would pay Yejin for full battle profiles of each Elucian (Originally the profiles were to help Hui Qi analyze any competitors of her future guild, but this year, now that the guild was finally created, she was looking for allies, not enemies).  

 

Typically such a large amount of information would cost a small fortune, especially since it was gathered annually, however because the two girls were so close, Hui Qi always got an incredibly large discount. Instead of paying in cash (Yejin always dealt in cash, no credit), every year Hui Qi would get the same request.  To quote Yejin, "Next time you see Kai, punch that stupid little face of his in hard enough to knock out his two over-whitened front teeth."  And every year, Hui Qi would carry out Yejin's wish (although she hasn't knocked any of Kai's teeth out... yet).

 

Hui Qi entered the cafe with Tao trailing behind her.  The door closed with a ring of the bell hanging just above it.  Hui Qi was immediately spotted by the ever-so-energetic Yejin and went over to the booth seat Yejin had procured.

 

"Hui Qi!  Tao!  I'm so glad to see you guys again!  I can't wait to tell you all about what happened at the test this year!  But first, sit down, I’ve ordered some coffee and chocolate muffins, my treat." That was the other thing Hui Qi loved about Yejin; in addition to her refreshing personality and the information she had access to, Yejin never failed to pay for food every time they had met, and Hui Qi was never one to deny a free meal.  Hui Qi slid into the booth first and Tao sat down next to her, across from Yejin.

 

Yejin proceeded to talk about her obvious win; her power was invisibility, making these mock fights a cinch for her every year.  She was still rambling by the time Hui Qi had devoured her muffin and downed the last of her coffee.

 

"Yejin.  Yejin!"  Hui Qi raised her voice just a smidgen in the crowded cafe.

 

"Ah! Sorry Hui Qi, did I get off topic again?"  Yejin blushed and finally stopped talking about... whatever it was she was chatting Tao's ears off with.  "Let's get to the good stuff then shall we? This year's fights."  Yejin whipped out a laptop from her bag under the table and plugged in a flash drive.  "I was surprised actually.  I actually got to witness the fights in person this time around, and let me say, I wasn't expecting so many potential recruits for you.  But, that's great for Mirage right?". Yejin let out a chuckle before double clicking a file on the flash drive.  She slid the laptop over to Hui Qi and Tao, both of whom eyed the video playing on the screen with interest.  "Have a look for yourselves."

 

After a few moments of silence, Hui Qi responded, "Holy . Yejin, I need his name.  NOW."

 


 

Sehun and Yixing had departed just minutes after Hui Qi and Tao had left to go meet Yejin.  Sehun knew the meeting would take a fair amount of time, with reviewing the superfluous amounts of potential recruits from Asline University.  He estimated that he and Yixing would finish packing and arrive back at the guild, possessions in hand, by the time Hui Qi would be sending him off to help Tao "persuade" any unwilling recruits.

 

Sehun let Yixing lead him through the bustling street to the apartment where the healer had lived until just yesterday.  He kept an eye out for any cops that could recognize him from the previous day's affairs, especially worried since his supposed victim was just steps ahead of him.  "Yixing," Sehun called out, causing the man to pause for Sehun to catch up to him, "what exactly are we getting from your place anyways?"

 

Yixing stood in thought for a moment before replying, "Well, I certainly need more than one set of clothing.  A few reference books would be nice too since I am probably to become Mirage's own personal healer.  I'm not entirely sure, but I guess we'll just have to see if I'll need anything else when we get there.  Oh!  Almost forgot.  Herbs; I definitely need to bring all of the herbs back with me.  It’s not best to rely on my healing powers all the time; natural remedies do work wonders after all."

 

Sehun nodded trying to remember everything that had just been listed out; he had a feeling Yixing was the type to forget something not even five minutes after it was said.  "Got it, so clothes, books, and plants.  Alright, I just hope us two are enough to bring everything back to the guild."

 

After a few more minutes of winding through the ever-busy streets of Wenmo, since it was a trading center with a major port, the two arrived at Yixing’s apartment building.  "I live on the... second...? floor.... I think?  Room...16?  Maybe?  I have a key though so if my key fits, it's all good."  Sehun let out a sigh; he thought Yixing would be forgetful, but Sehun never would have guessed that he was this forgetful.  They headed up the stairs to room 16.  Luckily Yixing's memory served him right, since the key worked.  With the door now unlocked, Sehun sauntered into the relatively clean apartment after Yixing.

 

"I can pack my stuff on my own Sehun.  You can just sit down in the living room and relax.  I might take a while."  Yixing vanished into what Sehun assumed was the bedroom, right before Sehun called out a "Don't forget your herbs!"  He could hear Yixing begin to shuffle around more frantically at his remark and could make out his mumblings of "Right, right, the herbs.  I almost forgot the herbs... again."

 

Sehun sank into the loveseat in the living room before pulling out his phone to check if he had any missed calls.  He saw that Hui Qi had tried to call once (it must've been while they were still on the street which is why he didn’t hear his phone ring) and he immediately dialed back.

 

He heard to dial tone twice before Hui Qi picked up.  "SEHUN!  Man am I glad you called me back.  Listen Tao failed his job 'cus he was being a little wuss, so I need you to help me with this plan."

 

"But I'm with Yixing getting his stu-"

 

"Forget that!  This new recruit is the real deal.  I do not want to waste any time in getting him to join."  Hui Qi interrupted with a shout.  Sehun could hear the faint noise of the customer chatting in the background.  She must still be at the cafe with Yejin then, he mused.

 

"Alright boss, who is it this time?"

 

"Just what I wanted to hear.  Listen closely. The new recruit is... stubborn to say the least, so we're going to have to resort to kidnapping.  Again."

 

"Oh?  So, who's the target this time?"

 

"Kim Joonmyeon."

 

 


A/N:  Who else loves Hui Qi and Yejin, here?

Hello again!  I also love the Hui Qi and Yejin dynamic haha.  Who's excited to find out about Joonmyeon's role in the guild though?  I know I am. XD