Unfortunately, He’s Staying

Puppet Master

After sending Chen to his death, Hui Qi felt the exhaustion creeping up on her and went to sleep.  After a well earned rest, she woke up nice and early the next morning, just in time to hear the doorbell ring.

 

 

Ugh.  Who’s disturbing Mirage this early in the morning…

 

 

With a roll of her eyes, Hui Qi shuffled down the rest of the stairs towards the front door.  When she opened it, no one was waiting there.  The only evidence that someone had stopped by was the lonesome flyer stuck towards the bottom of the door.  Hui Qi plucked the flyer off and quickly scanned it.  

 

Just then, Yixing flitted down the stairs and stopped mid step as he saw a figure standing in the doorway.  Keeping quiet, he watched as Hui Qi’s lips curved upwards, which was never a good sign.  Yixing had learned during his not so short stay with Mirage that a smiling Hui Qi was a scheming Hui Qi.  His eyes fixated on her figure in suspicion as she closed the door and looked at the boxes.  

 

Hui Qi pursed her lips together and opened a box, noting that it was indeed empty.  Looking upwards, she swept her eyes around the vicinity and noticed that there were towers of boxes and random bits of plastic lying around the common room area.  Her gaze finally landed on Yixing, who was still observing Hui Qi.

 

“Hurry up and start preparing breakfast.  I want to make sure it’s done by the time the guild finishes cleaning up this mess,” ordered Hui Qi.  Yixing nodded slowly, resuming his journey towards the kitchen door as Hui Qi dragged herself up the stairs.

 

She trudged to her room, the spectacular penthouse suite on the top floor to grab the special awaking mechanism she bought.  Well, more like she dropped onto the couch that was lying in the middle of the room.  For a while, Hui Qi lay there, catching her breath from the long trek.  

 

Damn, we should probably invest in an elevator of some sort; maybe a wind tunnel would be more convenient… I’ll look into that some more later.

 

Hui Qi quickly got up, grabbed the airhorn out of her bedside table and stuffed a pair of earplugs into her ears.  She slowly descended down the steps to the guild member’s quarters and blew the air horn, directing its sound straight down the middle of the corridor.  As she strolled through the hall and continued down to the lower floor where some of the other guild members were sleeping, she could hear bangs and crashes coming from inside the rooms (with a few curses as well).  By the time Hui Qi had made it back down to the first floor she was fairly certain everyone had woken up.

 

Hui Qi took the earplugs out of her ears and trashed them in the kitchen, just in time to hear Yixing ask, “What was that huge racket?”

 

Hui Qi replied with a grin, “Mirage’s new wake up call, courtesy of what I have in my hand right here.”  She waved the air horn in front of Yixing’s face before trashing that as well.  “I’m pretty sure I used it all up just now though, good thing I stocked up on them.”

 

“Anyways…” Yixing continued, “While you were so ‘kindly’ waking everyone up, I finished breakfast.  Also… you know Chen’s still kind of dead on the ground over there?”  He pointed to the cracked wall Chen’s “lifeless” body lay against.  “Should I go help him… or something?  Maybe at least dispose of his dead body before it starts stinking up the place?”

 

Hui Qi took a short glance at Chen’s body before just shaking her head.  “Don’t even bother, Yixing.  He’s probably faking it.”

 

“H-how can you say that with such certainty?” stuttered Yixing, flabbergasted as to how Hui Qi didn’t even bother checking to see if Chen was alive.

 

“Don’t doubt me, Yixing.  Just take that mess upstairs where I can’t see him.  Put him in one of the empty rooms on the third floor.”

 

Yixing bent down to haul Chen onto his shoulders with huff.  To Yixing’s surprise, Chen was indeed, still alive.  “Wait, does this mean Chen is staying?”

 

WIth a sigh Hui Qi replied, “Despite how cruel I actually am, I do stay true to my word.  I offered ChenChen a spot in this guild… unfortunately… so he is now a member of the guild.”

 

Satisfied that response, Yixing dragged Chen all the way up to the third floor past the rest of the guild members who were emerging from their rooms and headed downstairs.  He not so graciously threw Chen onto a bed and quickly healed him of any injuries he sustained from being thrown like a ragdoll against the wall.  As Yixing was closing the door behind him, leaving Chen to rest, Joonmyeon walked down the steps, freshly made up.

 

“Oh!  Xingie!  What are you doing here?  Shouldn’t you be making breakfast?  It’s already 9:00,” Joonmyeon inquired as they walked back down.

 

“I’ve already made breakfast, so don’t worry about that Joonmyeon.  Anyways, I was just settling Chen into his new room.”

 

When the pair reached the first floor they were greeted with the sight of Hui Qi glaring everyone down as they cleaned up all the moving boxes from the past two days.

 

Joonmyeon left Yixing’s side to ask Hui Qi, “What’s with the huge cleaning movement?”

 

“These little twerps thought they could have breakfast a half hour early so I’m making them clean up all these stupid boxes from our shipments.  I’m going outside to see if we got anymore.  Yixing watch over them.  Joonmyeon, feel free to start on breakfast yourself, it’s 9:00 now.”

 

Hui Qi stepped outside and to her relief, there were no more boxes delivered to be unpacked.  She quickly walked down the front walkway to pick up any mail.  On her way back, she was pleasantly surprised by Baekhyun’s banner hanging in all its glory on the front of the building.  Her features relaxed as she stood there to soak in the intricate art that would now be associated with her guild, Mirage.


We are definitely going worldwide.  I’ll make sure of that.

 


A/N: Sorry for the late chapter guys we're still trying to get used to posting regularly again haha. Plus I'm incredibly jetlagged right now which is why this is being posted on a Monday at like 4 AM instead of Saturday or Sunday. Anyways, surprise! Who actually thought we killed Chen last chapter?

Yeah... So I'm supposed to be doing posting on time but you can see I'm strugglin' XD haha oops.  But nope our ChenChen is still alive because we need our crazy gamer right? ^_^  Also, we're gonna try to post every two weeks.  This should give us ample time to get you guys your chapters faster (hopefully).