I’m Not a Carpenter, Damn it! Do it Yourself.

Puppet Master

“Why am I accompanying you again?” asked Tao as he hefted a stack of wood onto his shoulder.  

 

Grabbing the bags of smaller supplies, Sehun responded, “You’re pretty muscular Tao.  I figured Kris could use the extra help when bringing back materials.”  That and Sehun wasn’t sure that leaving both Chanyeol and Tao in the guild was a good idea.  

 

Hefting the last stack of wood onto his shoulder, Kris added, “Yeah, thanks for the help guys.”  Sehun responded with a snort while Tao shot him a small smile.  “Speaking of muscles, how are you so ripped, Tao?  Not to be offensive or anything, but you don’t seem like the type…” he trailed off, not knowing how to complete his sentence.

 

“Haha, Kris, it’s alright.  I started doing Wushu, Chinese martial arts, because I basically grew up in a dojo.  It’s kinda hard to avoid learning when you see all these amazing people,” explained Tao, his voice soft and happy.  Reminiscing about the past always made Tao a little giddy.  

 

Rolling his eyes, Sehun started walking ahead of the two, calling back, “Hurry up, guys.  Don’t you want to kick Baekhyun out, Kris?  I suggest you do it with haste because Hui Qi only cares about results.”  With that, Tao and Kris both hustled after Sehun, not wanting to be left behind.

 

When the three of them returned to the guild, Sehun called out, “We’re back.”  They carefully set down the wood and tools in the empty area opposite of the kitchen.  

 

Popping his head out of the kitchen, Joonmyeon smiled in relief.  “Great timing guys!  We were just about to head out, but I was kinda unsure about leaving a place with no locks in case of a robber.”

 

Snorting, Kris questioned, “Is there anything even worth stealing here?”

 

“How rude, Kris!” chastised Joonmyeon.  “Xingie’s herbs are very precious and barely survived the perilous journey from his apartment!”  

 

Feeling nervous remembering that he was the cause of the perilous journey, Sehun redirected the conversation.  “Well, in any case, the three of us are going to be here.  Why do you guys even need to go out?”  As far as he knew, there was no reason for them to be going anywhere.  They were basically housewives after all.

 

Coming out from the kitchen, Yixing answered, “We’re running low on food, especially since our numbers keep increasing, so the two of us are going to buy groceries.”  Patting Joonmyeon’s lower back, he continued, “We should get going if we want to make it back in time for lunch.”  Joonmyeon disappeared into the kitchen, probably to remove his apron and grab his wallet.

 

During the conversation, Tao had grown bored of their small talk and wandered upstairs to sleep.  Sehun, on the other hand was a bit concerned that the guild was practically silent.  He sauntered up to Yixing, “So, where’s Chanyeol?  It seems a bit too quiet.”

 

Yixing hesitated, pondering when he last saw the tall freeloader.  “I think he left a bit after Hui Qi and Baekhyun.  Not really sure what he was up to.  Although, he did have a pair of scissors in his hand…  Where he got those I’m not too sure,” answered Yixing with a shrug.  Noticing Joonmyeon had walked out of the kitchen and gestured to him, Yixing left, bidding goodbye to Sehun and Kris, wondering when Tao had left.

 

Sehun also got up, heading towards the stairs when Kris asked, “Wait, Sehun, aren’t you going to help me?”

 

Without turning around, Sehun responded, “My work here is done.  I brought in the tools.  You’re the one who accepted the challenge from Hui Qi.”  With a slight wave of his hand, he floated up the stairs, leaving Kris alone to start fixing the guild.  When he reached the top, Sehun chuckled a bit, recalling the conversation they had yesterday.  He had to admit, it was quite amusing.

 

 


 

 

Hui Qi stood still, tapping her foot while waiting for Baekhyun to finish.  It cannot take Baekhyun this long to style a person.  When she heard the curtain open, she turned around.

 

“What took you so long?” she snapped, still questioning why they had to stop.  She wanted to find a new building for the guild quickly so that she could return to the old one and witness Kris’ struggles.

 

Clearing his throat, Baekhyun announced, “Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting Byun Baekhyun’s latest fashion masterpiece.”  He opened the curtain to reveal Chanyeol, dressed in the strangest clothes Hui Qi had ever seen.  Snickering softly, she pulled out her phone and snapped a couple of pictures of Chanyeol.  Baekhyun, mistaking Hui Qi’s avid photo taking for appreciation of Baekhyun’s styling sense, got excited and told Chanyeol to do a model twirl.  When Chanyeol turned he let out a loud and slightly high-pitched “Eek”  at the sight of his reflection.  Baekhyun had dressed him in a leopard print t-shirt with its face peeking out on the left side.  His pants had strange patterns of orange, green and black layered here and there, surprisingly matching the beige belt he had on.  His long, unkempt hair was slightly brushed to the side, exposing Chanyeol’s horrified expressing as he turned back towards Baekhyun.

 

“You expect me to wear THIS outside?  Hell no, I am NOT going to wear this abomination of clothing outside,” Chanyeol protested indignantly.  

 

Pouting a bit, Baekhyun complained, “What?  No!  Of course you’re wearing this outside.  Even Hui Qi loves it.  Isn’t that right?”  The two turned towards Hui Qi, awaiting the final decision.

 

Raising her eyebrows, Hui Qi incredulously responded, “I can’t believe you even asked me that question.”  As Baekhyun was about to start gloating and celebrating, his happy mood was suddenly cut short with Hui Qi’s next words.  “There is no way he is going to wear that while accompanying me.  Pick something else.  In less than an hour this time.”

 

Chanyeol did a little happy dance as Baekhyun turned back to him, partially seething at his loss.  “Alright fine.  Wait here while I get more clothes,” he ordered as he strode away, trying not to blow a fuse on the staff or other customers.

 

“Like hell I’m going to,” muttered Chanyeol, not taking any chances this time around.  He popped into the dressing room and was out in his old clothes in no time.  Brushing past Hui Qi who was busy on her phone, he plopped the whole outfit in a stunned attendant’s arms.  Bowing a bit, Chanyeol sped off to find more suitable clothes than anything Baekhyun would ever find for him.

 

Shaken out of his dumbfounded state, the attendant quickly moved over to place the outfit on the rack for discarded clothes.  “I can’t believe we stock a shirt this lame… should I ask the boss if we can burn it?” muttered the attendant, totally unaware that Hui Qi had picked up on the comment.  She chuckled inwardly, answering him with a “Of course” in her mind.

 

The first one back was Chanyeol.  However, he was soon tackled by Baekhyun on his way to the dressing room.  

 

“NO!  NOOOOOO!!!  I AM NOT GOING TO WALK AROUND, LOOKING LIKE A BUFFOON, BAEK!” shouted Chanyeol, struggling desperately against Baekhyun’s surprisingly strong grip.

 

In her peripheral vision, Hui Qi saw the attendant nervously trying to find a way to calm the two crazy, not to mention loud, men.  Snapping her phone shut, she found a pressure point near Baekhyun’s clavicle, forcing him to loosen his grip on Chanyeol.  While she had Baekhyun at her mercy, she forcefully kicked Chanyeol’s , propelling him straight into the dressing room and effectively shutting him up.

 

With a sigh, Hui Qi dully stated, “You have ten seconds to change or I’m sicking Baekhyun on you.”  Right after her sentence, she heard quick ruffling of clothes coupled by “ouch”s every now and then.  She quietly chuckled, thoroughly amused, all while ignoring Baekhyun’s lividness from being pacified.  

 

When she was down to the last second, Chanyeol popped out of the changing room.  He was panting hard, resting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.  When he was done dying, Chanyeol straightened up and asked, “Um… so how is this?”  


As Baekhyun made a face of disgust, Hui Qi pondered the question.  “Alright.  You look decent enough.  Go pay, Baekhyun.”  She removed the clothes from his grasp, tossed them back to the attendant with perfect precision and shoved the two boys up to the counter.  As Baekhyun paid for the clothes, he rolled his eyes and muttered, “Ugh.  No sense of taste.  I guess poor people are only suited for clothes that match their status.”

 


A/N: lol Krease failing is actually just hilarious :P  Sorry this chapter is less action filled and more just comedy >_<  Hope you enjoyed the chap and we'll seeya next week!

If anyone can guess where that shopping scene is from I'm going to laugh so hard.