#JustGirlyThings

Puppet Master

Yejin bounced up the stairs and stopped when the hallway split into two.  “Hey, Hui Qi.  L or R?”

 

“To the left, last one in the hall.  It should look much better than the rest of the rooms,” responded Hui Qi from behind.  Yejin continued to skip, following Hui Qi’s directions.  Hui Qi took a moment to watch Yejin find her room before continuing after her.

 

When Hui Qi had shut the door behind her, she inquired, “Alright, cut the crap out Yejin.  Why did you actually decide to stay?”  She knew that Yejin was not the type of person to stay for a “girl’s night” with Hui Qi because Hui Qi would never enjoy doing “just girly things”.  

 

Pouting at the subtle harsh words uttered by Hui Qi, Yejin whined, “Awww, how hurtful!  Can’t I spend more time with one of my bestest friends ever?”  She earned a hard glare from Hui Qi, prompting Yejin to raise her arms in defeat.  “Oh fine.  You know me too well.  I was already on my way over here when I remembered Yixing was your new chef.  I really wanted a taste of that hunk’s food but getting dinner would be a bust, seeing as I was full anyways, therefore, breakfast is my only option.  And,” she paused for dramatic effect, “to ensure that I get breakfast, I’m obviously sleeping over!”

 

Hui Qi groaned, having heard many variations of this story before, seeing as Yejin’s crushes were abundant, and grumbled, “Jesus Christ.  When did this Yixing obsession start?”

 

Yejin replied casually, “Oh, only this afternoon.  Can I tell you how scrumptious he looked with that muscle shirt on?”  Under her breath, Hui Qi muttered, “Of course that’s when they met”.  As Yejin ranted on, Hui Qi tuned her out completely, already used to the “boys” talk.  Yejin’s face suddenly lit up during her tirade, prompting Hui Qi to start paying attention to Yejin’s speech once more.

 

Yejin’s voice faded in, “...which brings me to my first point of business.”  Clearing , she drawled out, “Soooooo, instead of this mortifying punishment I had planned for you as my reward for my extra help this kidnapping, I want you to hook me up on a date with that smexy Yixing of yours.”

 

Hui Qi turned to face Yejin.  Her brows were furrowed slightly as she tried to hold back a disturbed expression.  She stared at Yejin and took in the bright, sparkling eyes, slight smirk, and provocative eyebrow lifting.  Shaking herself out of her reverie, Hui Qi realized that her best bet would probably be accepting this new offer.  Shoulders relaxing a bit, Hui Qi hopped onto the bed and patted the mattress area beside her.  As Yejin sunk down onto the duvet, Hui Qi responded, “I guess I should tell Yixing about his date then.  I don’t think I would want to know what my other option was.”  Sorry Yixing, but rather you than me right?  I sure Yejin won’t be too harsh on you...  

 


 

The guild members had congregated in the common room after everyone had finished off dinner and Kris and Tao finished doing the dishes.  Sitting on the couch, Yixing suddenly felt chilly.  Noticing the subtle shivers, Joonmyeon asked, “Xingie, is it too cold?  Would you like to borrow my sweater?”  

 

“N-no.  It’s fine,” reassured Yixing, going up to scratch his ear to get rid of the sudden itch.  His sensitive ears picked up a thud and he craned his neck up towards the sound.  As he was concerned about the source of the noise, Yixing didn’t notice when Sehun tried to get his attention.

 

Sighing, Sehun clapped loudly, startling Yixing who emitted a tiny yelp.  “U-u-u-um c-can I help y-you, Sehun?” stuttered Yixing, still shocked at the sudden noise.  

 

“Well, I was planning showing Joonmom and Kris around.  Are you going to accompany us?” Sehun stated, his stoic face looking slightly bored.  Receiving a slight nod from Yixing (he didn’t trust his mouth to speak at the moment), Sehun beckoned to them both before beginning the tour of their guild for the second time this week.  Recruiting was going very well.

 

Yixing was still feeling a slight chill as the five travelled up the stairs, Tao almost falling into the hole a second time. Changing his mind, Yixing decided he was not feeling up to another tour of the guild (plus he needed to sort through his belongings).  He discreetly parted ways from the group and proceeded to his own room.

 

Sehun gathered everyone else’s attention with the clap of his hands.  “Alright, now that we have 2 new members with us today, we’ll need to delegate room assignments.”  He and Tao led the two down the right hallway and stopped at the second door.  “This will be Kris’ room, Yixing’s is the next one down, and Joonmom, you’ll be getting the one at the end of the hallway.”

 

“Wait… Why are we getting separate rooms.  I can already tell that there aren’t enough rooms to fit more than the nine required guild members,” Kris wondered aloud.

 

Tao answered his thoughts immediately, “Even if the rooms are scarce, they’re also small.  We won’t double up rooming assignments unless absolutely necessary.”

 

Sehun chuckled a bit at the irony of Tao’s statement.  “Yeah, unless you’re this scaredy cat who can’t sleep alone.  Tao and I share the room across the hall right next to the male showers.”

 

This time it was Joonmyeon who spoke up, “If there are male showers, then there must be female showers right?  Where are they?  That room right in front of the stairs?”

 

“Joonmom, you ert, why do you want to know where the girls shower?”  Sehun asked with a sly grin on his face.  Tao chuckled along at Sehun trying to mess with Joonmyeon and Kris’ mouth was agape with shock.

 

Joonmyeon blushed at what Sehun was implying and spluttered out a “No!  That was’n-  I mean I wasn’t-  I just-  I’m not a ert OK!?”  In the end, Joonmyeon’s face was hanging down, completely flushed red with a cute pout to complement it.

 

“Relax Joonmyeon, Sehun was just joking.  The female showers are on the other side of the building and the room in front of the stairs function as our conference room.  We only use it for more serious meetings since our usual jobs are just sent by text.”  Tao gently calmed Joonmyeon down and explained the layout of the building.  “I feel like I’m forgetting to mention something else but I believe those are the basics.”

 

“Yeah that’s pretty much it since you all are already well acquainted with the first floor.  Especially you, Kris.”  Kris blushed furiously at the memory of lying on the floor and kissing his only friend’s shoes.  Sehun not so gently shoved Kris and Joonmyeon into their respective rooms and shut the doors behind them.  “Get some rest, I have a feeling tomorrow will be another hectic day.”  Sehun then sauntered to his own room with Tao trailing closely behind.


“And don’t forget to set your alarms to 8 AM sharp.  See you rookies tomorrow!”

 


A/N:  Damn i think we made Kris really easily flustered XD and LOL I just love Yejin <3  Hope you all enjoyed the chapter, and if you did, comment or subscribe!  We'd love to hear from ya'll <3  Seeya next week!

Lmao can anyone actually picture Joonmyeon as a though?  (I can haha)  Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!