Happily Ever After?

Only Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

He stood there watching the tomb. The cold stone were wet with the rain that has been pouring since last night. He reads every letters with a gold colors that have been craves to the tomb that represent the person he loves so much.

He looks up to the sky for a moment watching the drizzle of rain. It’s almost noon now but the sky is still dark. For Woohyun, the sky has been crying again. The dark sky represents the sadness that he feels in his heart now.

He raises his hand and let the tears of the sky fall into his hand. His eyes were dry from his own tears but his hearts were crying. His heart is missing someone. It hurts so much when he can’t meet that person but he knows that there’s nothing he could do.

He sighs and walks away slowly but after a few steps, he turns again and looks at the tomb for one last time. He stares at it for a few seconds before heading to his car that he park under the tree outside the graveyard.

He walks past a group of people wearing black and most of them were crying. There’s a funeral in this drizzle of rain. Woohyun has to look away when a young woman running to the coffin and hugging it while crying hard with a white rose in her hand.

Two older women approach her and trying to calm her down and drag her away but she struggle with all her might and hug the coffin again. The petals of a white rose in her hand were falling and showering the coffin.

There’s more people trying to drag the young women away from the coffin but she struggle harder and screaming at them to moves away because she want to be with her husband. She screams at them that his husband is wearing a tuxedo for their wedding and she is supposed to wears her wedding dress too and they should be at their wedding ceremony not a funeral.

Woohyun heard her scream again but he walks faster to his car and get inside and drive away as fast as he can. The scene was too much for him. Watching the woman crying while hugging the coffin made him remember the day he walks into the ICU for the first time watching his love lying lifelessly with wires and machines attached to him.

He still remembers the strong smell of antiseptic and how cold the room was. The clearest picture in his mind was the pale face of the older. He seems peaceful and his chest barely moves. The constant beeping of the machine distracting him but he knows that as long it keep beeping in steady pace, it means Sunggyu is still with him.

He shut his eyes and felt his chest tightens. He remembers the torturous night for all of them. The limit for Sunggyu to wake up or he will not have a chance to wake up anymore. The cruel man wearing the white long coat stated it with their straight face that it is the critical night for him.

They have done all they can during the surgery and now what left is the patient’s own will to live. They said if Sunggyu manage to past through this night and wake up, the chance for recovery is high but if he doesn’t it means that he will....

They wait for the longest night ever but Sunggyu was lying there without moving an inch. His breathing is slower and his heart stops for a few times that made the night almost as hell for all of them.

They wait while holding each others hand but even when the sun trying to peek at the end of the horizon, Sunggyu were still sleeping and when the sky was covered with orange colors, the long beeping of the machines erupted and turn the silent morning into chaos.

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Woohyun shakes his head and sigh before he open the door of his car and walk outside the parking lot. He walks into Infinite cafe while trying to smile when Dongwoo who was busy spreading the table cloth looks up at him.

Dongwoo was hurried to his side and reach for the towel from Sungjong when they saw Woohyun was all wet and water was dripping from his hair.

“Where did you go in this weather Woohyun ah. You know it’s not good for your health” said Dongwoo while sighing.

“I went to the cemetery. Its just that this rain reminds me of him a lot and it made me miss him so much.” Woohyun rubs his face and sigh.

“Woohyun ah... You should stop being like this.”

“Don’t worry hyung, I’m fine. I’ll be upstairs for a while and after that we can open the cafe” he continue and start heading to the stairs.

“No, you take a hot bath and stays there. Have some sleep or whatever but don’t come down for work.” Says Dongwoo with his stern voice and when Woohyung was about to protest he raise his hand with a warning sign and widened his eyes.

Woohyun just sigh again and nod

Please log in to read the full chapter