CHAPTER 3

My life in Seoul University.

I swiftly packed my things and headed to the school dorm as soon as I heard the bell ring. Mrs. Seunghee told me that I would be sharing a room with one of my classmate. I hope he’s not the type who’s going to make my life a living hell.

 

Room 404

 

Beads of cold sweat are forming on my forehead as I hesitantly brought my hand up to knock.

 

Knock knock knock

 

There was a long silence as I waited for someone to open up. I tried to knock again, but I guess there’s no one inside. I sighed in frustration as I played with the long strap of my sling bag.

“Yah. Why are you knocking?” I gasped at the sudden voice that interrupted my trance and I faced him.

“Annyeong haseyo, I’m Kim Kibum.” He chuckled a bit.

“I know, I know. You’re the transeferee right? Did Mrs. Seunghee gave you a key duplicate?” I quickly nodded.

“Then why are you still knocking?” My eyes widened as realization hit me. He patted my head a bit and opened the door for me.

“Welcome to our room.” I followed him inside and looked around. There are two bunk beds on both sides, two study table, and a bathroom.

“Thank you.”

“By the way, I’m Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew.” He offered his hand and quickly shook it after hesitating for a moment.

“I’m Kibum, Key for short.”

“Key?” He furrowed his eyebrows curiously, and I nodded. He flashed his toothy grin and laughed a bit.

“Nice name. No wonder you have issues on using Keys.” We laughed in unison as I placed my bag on the desk beside my bed.

“Onew-sshi, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah. What is it?”

“Are there bullies in this school?”

“Yeah. There are. What school doesn’t have one, by the way?” I chuckled at his good sense of humor.

“Well. Just asking.”

“But there’s a group here you’ll never want to encounter.” His expression suddenly turned dark as he sat on his bed.

“Who?”

“Some seniors, and.. Kim  Jonghyun.”

“Kim J-jonghyun? Our classmate?” He abruptly looked at me with worry in his eyes.

“How come you know him, when you don’t even remember me?” He faked a pout which made me laugh a bit.

“He’s the rude late comer in our Arts class right? How come I won’t be able to remember him.” Onew just shrugged and continued explaining.

“Well.. as you see, he’s really rude. He treats people like a .”

“How about the seniors?”

“Same as him. They’re friends with him. No wonder they’re all the same.”

“How do they bully people?”

“Is this an interview?”

“Oh. I’m sorry.” I bowed in apology.

“No no. I was just kidding. You silly Key. Hm. Pretty normal bully people. They make fun of you, they date every girl they want, they everyone they want.”

“You mean.. They’re that rude? Is that even normal?”

“For bullies like them, yes.” My face fell as I pictured them bullying innocent people in the campus. I would never let them touch me, not even the tip of my finger.

“Better not be careless, Key-sshi.”

“Yeah. I should be really careful. Thanks by the way.”

“Way to go.”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

A short brotherly Onkey update! <3