CHAPTER 12

My life in Seoul University.

He sighed in defeat at as he ran his hands through his messy hair. He grabbed a seat beside me took a good look on me. I stared back at him and I felt everything inside of me jump in jittery.

“Look, Key. I’m so sorry I can’t do anything to stop them.”

“You don’t have to. It’s okay.” I saw tears slowly forming in the corner of his eyes as he looked away.

“Really, Key. I’m so sorry. I really should’ve—“

“I said it’s okay!” I shouted in frustration and he almost jumped out of his seat to my sudden outburst.

“You don’t have to, Jonghyun. We’re not even friends, so why would you?”

“But, Key. You see, they’re really crossing over their limits. It’s not right to—“

“You couldn’t even stand up for yourself so stop wasting time in helping me.”

“Key..”

“Just leave.” I pointed my trembling hand at the door, telling him just leave in peace. He hesitated for a while before he followed my instruction. He was finally facing the door and about to head out before he finally spoke.

“I really just want to help you, Key. I know it is hard and tiring to be their all-time favorite prey. But, if you’d just give me a chance—“

“Why?” He turned around to face me. His eyes were swelling out of tears.

“Because..” I heard him pause as he took a deep breath.

“I feel so protective of you.” Before I could even protest, he quickly turned his back leaving me dumbfounded.

What? Protective of me? I chuckled at his eagerness to help me as I examined the new empty cup of coffee I was holding. I sighed. It’s not that I don’t want someone to help me. I actually feel so overwhelmed, but I just don’t know who is and who is not to trust. I know he is a good guy, but how good? Was he sincere when he said he really wanted to help me? He even had tears forming in his beautiful eyes. But how? We just met and all. It’s not like we’re close friends. Protect me? ‘Protect me’ my . He can’t even get out of his league. They got a freaking grip on his neck. Those seniors could ruin his life in just a snap; and helping me wouldn’t get things better for him. I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to be friends, either. No one would benefit. He needs help more than I do.

 

I took the abandoned fresh clothes Onew prepared and started changing my clothes. It’s still more than an hour before he gets back to the dorm. What should I do? I was getting tired of staring at the nonliving things inside the dorm from time to time so I decided to bring out my phone. I browsed through my contacts and landed on my mother’s phone number. Should I give them a call? I didn’t leave them any contact number since the day I moved to Seoul, and I never dared calling them. They only knew my school address but it’s nearly impossible for them to come and visit me. It’s not like I want to ignore them, but this would make everything a lot easier for us. I don’t want to miss them, and vice versa.I just don’t want to miss them more.  If I hear their voice right now, I may not be able to hold it in and move back to Daegu. This place is a living hell, I just want to go back to my hometown. But I can’t do that. I cannot give up on my dream. I know I have to sacrifice, I knew it; but I never thought it’d be this hard. The school year was just starting and I’m already being worn out. I’m not having a hard time with academics, but with the people I deal with. There are only few people who are nice and approachable, the rest of them only care about themselves. I’m glad I met Onew hyung.

 I hope everything will change and get better as soon as possible. I tossed my phone in my bag and sighed in frustration. I abruptly lied on my back and covered my face with my hands.

“Argh!” I screamed. I pulled up the blanket and covered my whole body as I let tears escape my eyes.

“I miss you, mom and dad. I want to go back. I just want to go back..” I sniffed.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Hihi. An update before I go to school. Bye! <3