CHAPTER 11

My life in Seoul University.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and my eyes scanned around a very familiar room. It was dark and the only source of light was the lamp beaming dimly across the room. I pulled myself out of the covers and helped myself up to sit, but I suddenly felt so weak to do so. As soon as cold air hit me, I felt shivers down my spine. That’s when I realized my whole body was literally covered with cold sweat. My shirt was soaking with sweat that’s giving my body uncomfortable chills. I dragged myself to get up to get some fresh clothes but I was suddenly stopped and pushed back to lie down by  warm hand.

“Key. You’re too weak to move. Just rest.”

“Hyung. It’s alright. I’m fine. I’ll just--”

“That’s exactly what you said before you fainted, Kibum.” He flicked on the light switch and the sudden brightness almost pierced my eyes. I covered my face with a pillow and weakly groaned.

“Sorry.” He chuckled.

“I’ll get you some clothes. Just rest.” He grinned as he his heel. I reached for my bag that was lying on the foot of my bed, and I suddenly felt a pang of pain on my right hand as soon as I accidentally stretched it. Damn. It’s not that only my right hand hurts; every part of me hurts.I groaned in pain and punched the mattress with my uninjured hand.

“Key, what was—Oh..” Onew walked near me and placed new set of clothes beside me.

“I hate them.” I mumbled under my breath. Just the thought of those arrogant seniors make my blood boil in anger.

“I know it’s hard.. but, you should just—“

“Ignore them? Forget about what happened? Tss. What could I possibly do other than those? They freaking rule this school.” Onew sighed in sympathy.

“I hate this. I hate being weak. My pride was never stepped on until they came. I was never humiliated and hurt like this before. Everything just . There’s no one there for me, I’m all alone in this and everyone in this freaking school are punks. I—“

“Yah. Don’t talk like that. Not everyone here are like them. You have me, you have Taemin.”

“Taemin?” I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

“My friend. The one in the musical.”  My eyebrows knitted in confusion. What does that kid got to do with me? I don’t even know him.

“Oh.. You never introduced him to me, that’s why.”  He smiled.

“Yeah. But just so you know, he was the one who told me you’ve got hurt by—“

“Don’t mention them..”

“Yeah.” He scratched the back of his head and sat on the bed across mine. I’m really in no mood to say ‘thank you’, but that’s the least I could do.

“Well.. Thanks hyung, and to that Taemin kid.” I gave him a half-hearted smile and quickly looked away.

“I’ll get out first so you can change.”

“No, it’s okay. I can use the bathroom.” He shook his head and picked up the key from his desk.

“I’m going out for a bit. I’ll be back before 10. If you need me.. just give me a call.” He flashed his phone up and wiggled it before he stashed it into his pocket. I chuckled at his childishness, and on its counterpart; at him being like an older brother to me.

“Bye hyung, see you later.”

 

I sighed as soon as he left the dorm. There really is nothing to do here alone, not in my case. I’m in no mood to study, or to go out for some reason. I sighed again for the umpteenth time as I rested my back on the cold bare wall. The empty coffee cup caught my attention and I tried to reach for it but I failed to.

“Ugh.” I closed my eyes to ease the frustration and I heard a soft knock on the door. I glanced up the wall clock and confusion buzzed over me. 8:45pm. I thought he won’t be back ‘til 10? I shrugged and slowly stood up to get the door.

“I thought you woul—“ My mouth hang wide open as I caught a sight of Jonghyun, bowing his head low. He slowly looked up to meet my gaze and flashed his famous gentle smile. I rolled my eyes.

“What do you want?” I scowled. His face fell and pouted.

“W—would you like a coffee? Sorry it—it has already gotten cold.” He stuttered as he raised a cup of coffee in front of my face. I stared at it then back at him and smirked.

“What do you want?” I repeated. I thought I saw his face flush red as he bowed his head in apology.

“Come in.” I commanded as I took the cooled coffee from his hand. He followed me inside like a lost puppy, and I almost found it adorable. What the hell? I faked a cough as I took a sip from the cup of coffee.

“Why do you keep on giving me coffee when I’m troubled by the seniors?”

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

I'M SORRY FOR THE SUPER SHORT AND LATE UPDATE! :( I HOPE YOU DON'T HATE ME. //3

 

And sorry for being a cliff hanger. =))))))))

 

 

 

 

 

 

LOVE LOTS. <3