CHAPTER 19

My life in Seoul University.

It was Monday morning. I squealed my eyes open only to be blinded by warm rays of sun passing through the window. I sighed. Another boring day to spend in school. I didn’t know what to expect today. What if Jonghyun ignores me? He told me that he wanted to be friends with me, but I fret he really wanted to. What if this was just a set up? I don’t want to fall on their trap.

“Hyung, wake up!” I yelled and threw a pillow on his head.

“Hmm. Five more minutes.” I sighed.

“Fine. I’ll shower first.” I grunted. I didn’t receive any response aside from soft snores echoing inside our room.  I slung a towel on my shoulder and lazily dragged my feet to the bathroom.

“Hot shower. Alright!” I carefully took off my clothes and turned the shower on.

“Oh !” I almost jumped out of the shower area as the cold water hit my skin, sending shivers down my spine. I reached for the shower and tried adjusting its temperature, but it won’t cooperate.

“Damn,” I hissed.

“Not again. What did I do in my past life to deserve this?” The hot shower won’t work and only icy cold water keeps on flowing, instead. I finished showering for ten minutes and came out of the bathroom shivering in the cold. I quickly dressed myself in school uniform and went back to waking Onew up.

“Hyung. Wake up now, we’ll be late for school.”

“Hmm. Five more minutes.” He mumbled.

“You just said that for like fifteen minutes ago. Get up now.”  I shook him, growling in annoyance.

“Hmmm..” Aish. He won’t stop mumbling. I placed my wet towel over his face, but I guess it didn’t work.

“Lee Jinki. The canteen will run out of chicken if you won’t get up. RIGHT. NOW.” I lied.

“Huh? What? Chicken?” He quickly got on his feet, shaking his head in horror. I chuckled.

“Nooo.” He almost stumbled.

“Good morning, hyung.” I slyly grinned receiving a deathly glare from him.

“Just take a bath, hyung.” I chuckled and he stomped his feet towards the bathroom.

 

We walked into the canteen to get breakfast, feeling more comfortable around the campus than we ever had. Things are getting better. The canteen wasn’t too much occupied unlike the past. Maybe because it was still very early. When we got there, we got some unknowing glances from other students, but it didn’t bother me anymore. Or I guess I was just getting used to it.

“Key, you okay?”

“Of course, I am.” I shrugged and walked to the counter to get food.

 

Once we’re done eating, we headed to our classroom. The corridors were surprisingly cleaner than it was before. Well, it’s Monday after all. When we’re about to get in the room, Onew suddenly spoke.

“Key, I’ll be back in a while. I just have to get something.” I nodded silently and continued my tracks inside the room. Nobody else was inside the room except for a guy whose face was lying flat on the desk, snoring in the process. He’s probably my classmate. I stepped in the room as quietly as I could until I got on my seat, not wanting to disturb him. I sighed in relief. He didn’t even move an inch.

Ring ring ring.

“.” I quickly answered my phone. The guy slightly stirred up in his sleep.

“Hello, hyung?” I glanced up the guy, and he shot his head up; probably in shock, but he just shrugged it.

“Yeah, okay. Just don’t be late.” I ended the call as fast as possible not wanting the guy to be mad or something. I could see him mess his hair up as he quietly groaned in frustration.

“S—sorry for waking you up.” I apologized. He almost jumped out of his seat as he turned around, his eyes obviously wide in shock at my sudden presence.

“What the— You startled me—Key?”

“Jonghyun?”

“Keyy!!” He excitedly rushed to my seat and ruffled my hair.

“Hey hey, stop. You’re messing my hair!”

“That’s the point.” He flashed his grin and chuckled. I swear, if it was someone else I would have punched him in the face.

“Tch.”

“Aw. Key, don’t be mad.” He pouted.

“F—fine! Well. What are you doing here?” I hissed.

“Uh. For class? We’re classmates, remember?”

“I know, I know. But it’s still early, though.” I truthfully stated. He wasn’t one of those guys who are coming to class this early.

“Uhh. For a change, maybe.” He shrugged to dismiss the topic.

“O—kay?” There was an awkward silence, and I just didn’t know what to do or say.

“Hm. Nice to see me this early, huh?”

“What?”

“Uh, nevermind,” He spat. “Where’s Onew?

“He said he’d be with Taemin.” I casually answered.

“Taemin?”

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“You mean Lee Taemin?”

“I guess so?”

“Oh! I like that kid!! I know him.” He stated while clapping his hands. Oh God. This hyper puppy.

“You know him?” I asked.

“Well, yeah.”

“So you like him?” He cheerfully nodded.

“As in like like him?” I skeptically asked.

“Of course not! He’s just too jolly and adorable that you’d just wanna squish him, who wouldn’t like him? But I just like him as a little brother, though.” I was relieved. Wait. What? Relieved?? I mentally smacked my head.

“You know him too?”

“Uh. He’s Onew hyung’s friend but we never got a chance to properly meet.”

“Ohh.”

“Our first meeting was.. unlikely unlikable?” He raised his eyebrow in a curious manner, urging me to go on with the story.

“Well. The locker incident with the Seniors.. He and Onew hyung kinda helped me after that.”

“Oh.. I’m sorry.” He apologized, looking so sad.

“No. It’s okay. That was in the past, and it wasn’t your fault.”

“Alright. Well, Taemin is my roommate after all.” Roommate?!?! His roommate was so cute that he’d wanna squish him? I felt my cheeks burn.

“Ohh..” I couldn’t speak, I just didn’t know what to react.

“Hm. So.. How are you? Did you sleep well?” Oh my God. He’s asking me this? I shrugged.

“I’m fine. You?”

“Fine too.” He smiled. I was slowly drowning into his smiling face, until a group of people stormed in the room. My classmates. They were talking loudly, startling me and Jonghyun.

“Hey, keep it down. We’re talking.” Jonghyun eagerly said. I tugged his uniform, telling him that it’s okay, but he just shrugged it. Aish. Our classmates blankly stared at him as if he was an alien talking to them. He abruptly stood up causing them to flinch.

“Sorry.” They mumbled. I inwardly chuckled at their horrified expressions and smirked at Jonghyun. He smirked back and continued talking.

“Are you busy this afternoon?”

“Uh. Just some studying in the library, I guess. Why?”

“Let’s hang out!”

“Hang out? Where?” I asked, clearly surprised.

“Do you want to go downtown?”

“Sounds good. But..”

“But what?”

“Can we come back early?”

“Sure, Key.” He said, his smile still not faltering.

“I just don’t think it’d be safe for someone like me to be hanging around the town.” With you. I said with a sigh.

“Why would that be?”

“Uhh..” Before I could answer his question, I heard someone call my name. We diverted our gaze to the source of the sound, and found Onew waving at us. He quickly approached us pulling someone else behind him. I heard Jonghyun sigh, pout visibly plastered on his face. What a dork.

“Key, Jonghyun. This Taemin, my friend.” He introduced. Taemin gave us a ninety degree bow, and I bowed back, nodding my head.

“Hi Taemin.” Jonghyun greeted.

“Hyung!” He yelled in excitement, startling the whole room.

“You two know each other?” Onew asked curiously. We all nodded in agreement, leaving him dumbstruck.

“We’re roommates, hyung.” Taemin said.

“What? Where?”

“Across yours.” Taemin and Jonghyun answered in chorus.

“What?!” He turned and looked at me, and I just shrugged. This babo hyung.

“How come I didn’t know?”

“We don’t know.” We all answered in chorus.

“Because you’re too busy eating chicken.” Taemin spat, causing us to chuckle. Onew glared at him.

“What? Just speaking of the truth.” He shrugged. I like this kid.I smirked.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Finally! Jongkey will hangout again. =))

 

 

30 subscribers! How come you became that many? Haha. Thank you guys! <3

I love you! :D