CHAPTER 23

My life in Seoul University.

I lazily dragged my feet out of the suffocating classroom, not knowing where to go. My mind was in a chaotic state after the lunch’s incident.

‘Does Jonghyun like you?’ Ryeowook’s voice kept on resonating in my mind like an endless waterfall. No, that’s imposible to happen. I vigorously shook my head, wishing the thought to just disperse.

“Key!” I heard quick footsteps shuffling behind me until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“You left me.” Onew said with a pout.

“Sorry, hyung. I’m just not myself today.” I truthfully admitted and he just raised an eyebrow on me.

“Yah. What happened to the oh-so-hyper Key a while ago?”

“It’s just.. Ugh. Long story. Never mind, hyung.”

“Oh..” He slung his thick coat on his shoulder and elbowed me to move on my tracks.

“Where do you plan on going?”

“Nothing particular. Just walking around. You?”

“Same here.” He carelessly shrugged his shoulders and continued on his pace.

“Want to look for an org?”

“Org?” I innocently questioned and gestured him to explain further.

“Organizations. Idiot.” He teased, giving me an annoying look.

“Tsch. I was just asking. Braggart.” I glared at him and walked away, but a hand suddenly stopped me.

“Hey, I was kidding.” He chuckled.

“Meanie hyung.”

“I know right. Let’s go.” He flashed his toothy grin and pulled me towards the University Gym. The whole gym was filled with students from different departments, busy filling up application forms for different student organizations. Onew and I accidentally parted ways, since the crowd was too big. I sighed. I put my cold hands in my pocket and started walking around the whole place. There were organizations for nerds, bookworms, math geniuses, science fanatics and all; which are all for brain wizards. Considering the fact that I, myself is a freaking scholar in this university, didn’t even had the slightest gut to join in any of them. I practically spend my whole time learning all of those, and then they’ll have me to face itagain? Hell, no. I’d rather sleep on my bed and keep my peace. I started walking again when I heard indistinct chatters from the brain wizards talking about the latest laboratory instrument and how it is so cool; or so.

“Seriously?”  I muttered to myself as I rounded to a corner, leading me to another busy line of booths. Fashion, Interior design Innovators, Painting, and Architecture.

“Whoa.” I’ve always known myself for being creative but I never once considered myself sharing my piece of artwork to anyone. Reason? It’s because it may be creative for me, but for others, it’s not. I chuckled at my own cloud of thoughts and observed the people and the surroundings. This section is a lot different from the one before. Obviously because it was much louder in here. People are busy chattering in their own world. The staffs are busy advertising and entertaining newcomers, others are busy filling up applications forms, and some are busy watching the painter doing his artwork.  The crowd surrounding the painter were so much quiet and obviously in awe, admiring his piece of workmanship. It caught my attention and before I even know it, my feet already dragged me near him. His hands were perfectly the brush in different angles with a swish without even making the slightest error. It was like his hands were made for this. I lonely stood there, joining the crowd, and watched his work with anticipation. The moment he was busy putting up his finishing details, I heard a loud blast of pop music coming from the other section of booths. I fought the urge to leave the awesome painting scene in front of my eyes as I still want to watch him finish it. But then, my guts forced me to follow the hypnotizing sound. My feet dragged me to another set of booths on the right side of the gym, and there it was. Music. MUSIC. Music. Singing, Dancing, Instruments. My guts never failed me.

I slowly took a step closer to a particular promotional poster that caught my attention. Have a passion in dancing? Join now! A female student grabbed my attention as she was vibrantly speaking about the organization’s motto, or something like that. I really wasn’t paying any attention at all as I was in a daze.

“H-how to join?” I nervously asked.

“Hi. I’m Park Haebyeol, but just call me Byeol.” She brightly introduced herself and extended her hand. I gladly shook it and did the same.

“Hello. I’m Kim Kibum, Key for short.”

“Well.. All you have to do is register. Just fill this up, and voila!” She handed me a piece of paper and a pen but a quick hand suddenly grabbed it from her.

“Hey!” Haebyeol shouted angrily. The other student just smirked and glared at her.

“Yah Sekyung, give it back.” She tried to grab the application form from the other girl, but failed for the umpteenth time.

“Fine.” Haebyeol hissed. I was confused by the chaotic scene in front of my eyes and sighed.

“Here, Key.” Byeol handed me another sheet of paper and gladly took it.

“Thank you.” I mouthed. Haebyeol blocked the glaring Sekyung from my sight and told her to go away. Thank you so much, Byeol. Truthfully, I don’t even know who that Sekyung girl was, but she’s giving me creeps.  I shook my head and awkwardly took a seat from the vacant one beside the table. I looked around to find something that I could write to, but found none. A pen abruptly landed on the table, almost giving me a heart attack. . I looked at Sekyung’s direction and found her evilly grinning behind the surprised Haebyeol.

“Sekyung!” Haebyeol shouted at the witch’s face. I just grabbed the pen and started scribbling my name on the form. Name, Address, Contact number, Favorite song, Favorite dance group, and etc. I suddenly heard retracting footsteps from behind and assumed that it was just Sekyung who stomped her feet away from us.

“Sorry for that, Key.” Haebyeol apologized.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for, Byeol. It wasn’t your fault afterall. I’m kind of already used to face people like that.” I sheepishly smiled.

“You what? But— Aish! I swear I’ll kill that the next time I see her!” She almost yelled in frustration and started ripping her hair out.

“Hey hey! Don’t do that, you’ll get bald.” I as I continued writing on my form.

“Yeah, you’re right. Ugh! I need to go back to the salon.” I head perked up to the word salon and glanced at her.

“Salon?” I skeptically asked.

“Yeah, salon. Like a parlor? Why?”

“Oh. Nothing. I just think I need to re-dye my hair.” I silently mumbled, not aware she heard it.

“Re-dye your hair?” I simply nodded, still not breaking my gaze from the unfinished form.

“You’ve got yourself a buddy!” She screamed in delight and pinched my cheeks.

“Hey, what was that for?” I asked annoyed, faking a glare.

“Nothing. You’re just so cute.” She stated and batted her lashes.

“Tsch.”

“Come with me later, we’ll go to the salon.”

“But I don’t have money.” I pouted and sighed. I handed her my application for and stood up.

“There’s no problem about that.” She giggled and passed the form to another officer of the organization.

“What do you mean?”

“We own the salon, Key. Come on, follow me.” Before I could even protest, she already dragged me away from the scene.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

AN UPDATE! <3

 

By the way.. I changed the title from My Life in Seoul to MY LIFE IN SEOUL UNIVERSITY. Nothing much. ;)

 

LOL. Thank you so much for reading! <3