CHAPTER 22

My life in Seoul University.

Everything is still in Key's POV. :)

 

 

 

As much to my relief, I wasn’t much ignored by my classmates unlike before, especially Ryeowook. It actually felt so good. We already came in good terms after the fainting incident. 

Ring ring ring.

The annoying school bell started to ring, causing the students to slightly jump from their paralyzed positions. I breathed out a lengthful sigh and stretched my average length arms as far as my ability would let me. I silently yawned.

“Key?” I spared a glance to my right and found my seat mate staring back at me.

“Eh? What is it?” I politely asked. A small smile suddenly crept up his face and I returned the deed.

“Would you like to join us for lunch?”

“…” Would you like to join us for lunch? Would you like to join us for lunch? Would you like to join us for lunch? His words started ringing in my head. My jaw dropped on the floor and stared at him as if he was an alien who came out of nowhere, my eyes almost popping out of my skull.

“M-me?” I asked while dumbly pointing at myself. I received a nod from him and I felt my heart skip a beat. In a short time span of two months, it was the very first time someone had actually asked me to eat with them. Someone whom I barely knew. Someone whom I rarely talk to.

“I—“ I inwardly cursed myself for stuttering and being loss for words. Ryeowook chuckled and rolled his eyes as he slung an arm on my shoulder.

“Oh come on. I won’t bite you.” I frantically looked around for any sign of my friends until I found Onew standing near the doorway with a smirk. Where’s Jonghyun?

“Hyung! Sorry.” I mouthed and secretly pointed at Ryeowook who was pulling me out of the scene. He just nodded encouragingly, telling me that it was alright. My new found friend just gave me a warm smile, letting my nerves calm down a bit.

“Where do you usually eat lunch?” He suddenly asked out of the blue.

“I—Uh.. Onew hyung and I always eat at the cafeteria across the campus.” I managed to finish my sentence without stuttering much more.

“I see.. that explains why. I don’t see you often at the canteen, though.” He mumbled and nodded as understanding dawned him.

“Yeah. I guess.”

“Why don’t you guys eat there? It’s more fun here!” He said as we rounded a corner, going towards the canteen.

“I—Uh. It’s kinda hard to explain.” I mumbled, trying hard to hide the trembling in my voice.

“Let’s not talk about it. It’s nothing important.” I added.

“You can trust me. I promise to listen.” He flashed me a yet another encouraging smile of his and batted his eyelashes. Since when did he knew about Aegyo? We entered the canteen hand in hand, as if it was the most natural thing to do for a student like me. Should I trust him? Could I trust him? Millions of questions suddenly flooded my mind even though I tried hard to block them.

“I guess I’ll give it a try..” I whispered, low enough for him to hear.

We finished eating in a comfortable silence, ignoring odd stares the students were giving us.

“Wookie babyyy!” Someone playfully cooed beside Ryeowook, startling the latter.

“Yah! Get your filthy hands off me, Wooyoung!” He yanked the man’s hand away and shot me a worried glance. The Wooyoung guy followed his gaze and finally landed on me. An evil smirk suddenly played on his face, making me shudder.

“Looks like you’ve got company, Wookie.” He huskily whispered on Ryeowook’s ear, causing the other to crinkle his nose. He motioned towards me, attracting attention from the whole canteen. I so want this guy dead. I frantically looked around to search for a familiar person who can save me from my current situation but found no one. Jonghyun. He inched closer to me, still wearing that annoying smirk of his and I heard people around gasp.  Where are you?

“Move away.” I gathered all my wits and quietly whispered.

“What if I don’t want to?” He whispered back and moved his face closer to mine, making my breath hitch. He cupped my face all of a sudden, and slowly inched closer.. and closer. Close enough for our lips to meet.

“WOOYOUNG!” A loud growl echoed in the crowded room, breaking the perplexed atmosphere. Wooyoung abruptly pulled back and turned around to face the other.

“What do you want, Kim Jonghyun?” Wooyoung growled back. Jonghyun spared me an unknowing glance then back at Wooyoung who was glaring at him. He was obviously mad for some reason that his hands were violently shaking. What the hell is happening? Jonghyun opened his mouth to talk but closed it again, as if he was loss for words. He breathed out a heavy sigh and walked towards me, carelessly bumping into Wooyoung’s shoulder. God, he’s strong.

“ you, mood killer.” Wooyoung hissed and stormed out of the canteen, leaving a dumbfounded Ryeowook behind.

 

“J—Jonghyun..”

“Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Onew? Where’s that Goddamn hyung of yours?” Jonghyun growled, making me step back from where I was standing. He’s scary when he’s mad.

“He— Hyung is—“

“He’s with me.” Ryeowook suddenly interjected. Jonghyun glared at him and scowled.

“Don’t let your evil ex-boyfriend come near with this guy!” He exclaimed while pointing at me with his shaking hand.

“Jonghyun, calm down.” I gave his back comforting circles until his breathing steadied.

“Fine.”

“Let’s talk outside.” I suggested.

“No need.” And with that, he stormed out of the canteen just like what Wooyoung did.

“What the hell just happened?” Ryeowook and I asked at the same time. We glanced at each other and laughed at the coincidence.

“Does Jonghyun like you?” Ryeowook's blatant question caught me off guard, causing my jaw to drop on the floor.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Annyeong haseyo! ^^

Goodevening / Goodmorning everyone! :) How are you guys? Uhh. I'm wondering, do you have a twitter?

If you have.. FOLLOW ME! @kpuppyrawr is the awesome twitter name. <3 Hope to talk to you guys soon! Thank you for reading this update. <3