Chapter 16

P.S. I love you (Part 1)

"Oh my, Hiro! You know horse riding?!" Mirai gasped in all excitement, holding in case her jaw falls. The sight was simply too stunningly beautiful, with the sunlight cast a soft glow on the horse galloping majestically towards her and the rider complements so well that it does not seemed to fight for attention with the animal. She rubbed her eyes so she's sure that she wasn't imagining a white knight coming her way. He graciously held out his hand to her. The sun makes it difficult to see into his eyes, but his smile radiates so charmingly that it eases her tension. She safely entrusted her hand to him, and without much hassle, he scooped her up and sat her in front of him on the horse. She could feel his chest securing her back in place, allowing her to lean comfortably. His both hands kept her safe within the fidgeting horse, while he held onto the ropes guiding its movement. Her body stiffened as he leaned closer, and by her ears, he spoke with his mellow voice, "we'll travel slow first. If you feel uncomfortable at any point, just nudge me." She nodded nervously.

She thought she heard a soft chuckle from him, and naturally thought she must have reacted too awkwardly. The awkwardness wasn't lasting though, it gradually became forgotten when the horse galloped through the meadows with the dandelions afloat in the light breeze. The scenic view was captivating, that she would mistake this for heaven.

"How did you know of this place?"

"I came here for photoshoot before. I thought you'll probably like it."

"Why do you think so though?"

"You'll always double take when it comes to animals. It's not difficult to guess you are an animal lover."

She laughed lightly, "i better be careful of my behaviours."

"I'm just observant. If you like someone, you'll naturally take extra attention of her."

She blushed, fortunately he couldn't see. Quickly, she diverted his attention away from the existing topic "shall we go faster. I want to see how fast it can go."

"No way Mirai. I can't compromise on this. I can go slower but not faster, it'll not be good for your condition. She lowered her head and looked at the bulging stomach, so round so big. Nevertheless, she pouted unreasonably. That's the privilege of a pregnant lady, she thought as many adults she saw were experiencing mood swings and were venting on the other half. Frankly, although she hasn't been saying but the truth is, it's getting very very tiring as the days draw closer to the birth of the child. Her legs get the cramps, so severe sometimes she didn't feel like getting out of bed, then her cravings for some food got so bad too. Not voicing it was very hard, keeping secret about it was even harder.

Despite her not saying it, he seemed to take that into account. The sightseeing on the horse brought her from the meadows to the sheep farm and eventually ending by the lake. "Let's take a stop here" as soon as he said, he alighted from the horse then carried her down gently. "come, have this. It'll make you feel better" Hiro offered the sour plums and Mirai gladly took it cause she was feeling quite nausea. She was very switly distracted by the lake where the waters were calm, so calm that she could see the shadows of the casted exactly onto its surface. The breathtaking view cured any ailments she had, much more effective than any sour plums. 

"your daydreaming face is really quite adorable, you know" he teased. She quickly sat up, returned to reality to be exact. She gave Hiro a light punch on his shoulders which erupted laughters from both. Sitting side by side, they began to be absorbed in the silence and it was exactly the silence that ledt them to the deeper ends of their hearts.

"Mirai... do you miss staying away your family?"

"it'll be bad if I said I never, but you know what Hiro, I really am not missing them. They're probably having a better time without me, as they always wished."

"what happened?"

She looked at Hiro, and as much as she didn't want to burden him with her load, the urge for listening ear to hear her rant was too much to resist. It has been a while since she ever shared her story, the last was Ryosuke who didn't exactly hear it from her but saw the embarrassing side of her life in those confrontations that took place before him. 

"I wasn't intended. My birth wasn't something they wanted but happened after all. I burdened them financially and my elder sister saw me as a threat."

"that's why you needed to work. From what I see, you're independent and that's good. But, I think you should learn to relax. You will miss out on your youth if you become a workaholic this young."

"you're right. This 2 years have been eventful, and me now, it's a skip of a big step ne."

"you got yourself pregnant before truly enjoying the beauty of love. That's a pity..." he sounded disappointed. Seeing how his emotions mattered to her, he quickly lightened the mood, "no worries, that's an exciting life ahead of you. challenges itself makes life so much more interesting isn't it, cause you never know what you will expect down the road."

Mirai smiled, "then what about you, Hiro? You always look so cheerful and dependable. You have your episodes too, can't you share with me? I'll be glad to listen"

"you probably hear from Ryosuke that Mizuo and I isn't that all perfect like how others see us. We aren't much different from you or Ryosuke actually. Our parents love us, no doubt about it, but they spent a whole part of their life devoting to their businesses overseas and they're barely with us in our growing years. I have vented it but Mizuo kept quite alot to herself. When I came of age, I left for careers too, and I possibly let her down. I abandoned her, and that's probably the reason she is quite needy of a boyfriend cause she of all girls is afraid of loneliness. Ryosuke must have been there when she needed someone. There's a distance between us which we need to fix, I am actually jealous of Ryosuke partly because of this state of reliance between Mizuo and him that I am not a part of."

Mirai finally understood the problem. He is unhappy but he didn't reveal any part of it to others. It now makes sense why he disliked Ryosuke so much. She intuitively laid her hand on his shoulder, giving him light pats. 

"Thanks Mirai... actually, now that Ryosuke is with you, it's good, cause then I have that chance to get closer to Mizuo. I thought I would be there when she needs me now, who knows she went off with him for 2 years. Now i am the one feeling abandoned"

"silly, they'll be back. 2 years, we can work towards that." she held up a clenched fist. Hiro and Mirai felt moments of connections, and the latter's motivating words made him relieved that there's finally someone who would listen to him. Their fist met and the burst of encouragement from both, they thought, could bring them a long way. It meant alot to each of them. It was almost symbolic that they aren't alone and that there's always gonna be someone out there who will catch you when you fall.

"the view up the hill is pretty gorgeous. If we head up now, we can possibly see the sunset," he suggested.

"let's go then" she sounded hyper, and there was no holding back. Hiro was surprised with her immediate response and asked, "you sure? there are no concerns in your mind when it comes to heading up the hill with your body conditions? you don't seem to care."

"it's not like I don't care. But I know you'll taken care of it," she cheekily remarked. 

"that's 100 per cent reliance"

"you said I am the princess today ne. then you should take care of everything."

They laughed heartily against the backdrop of friendship. mirai steal glances at Hiro once in a while when he wasn't looking. She can't wish for more, Hiro is indeed a very valuable friend, a soulmate.

*****

Ryosuke raced through the rain to the hotel they reside. On his way, adrenaline rushed through his veins as he saw how an entire tree can be uprooted and swept across the road. He saw some poor folks being stranded at phone shelters, and some were even injured already. He would stop if it wasn't because of the more fearful thoughts that penetrated his mind. His heart was pumping so fast, so furiously, that if he was older, much older, he would just collapse and die. There were close shaves from possibly a road accident when he tried to phone Mizuo while driving in the chaos. She just isn't picking up, and he hoped it was just her throwing tantrums. The butterflies fluttering in his stomach is making him sick. Exhaustion or fear for his own safety isn't his priority. Without him realising, she has overtaken the importance of his own life. Once he got to the underground carpark and parked the car, he sprinted towards the lobby and headed right to the room opposite his. He had her spare key which she so persistently stuffed it to him on their first check-in.

...
"Here my key," she pushed it into his hands.

"What for? I don't need it."

"You never know," she winked. Ryosuke rolled his eyes in annoyance at her seductive hint. She was so quick that before he reacted, his own key was snatched from her.

"Oi!" She dashed into her room and put on the latch so he wouldn't reach her. He shook his head and knew this 2 years would be spent in much of such frustrations and shall not broach over it now. He did likewise, always making sure he puts on the latch no matter how tired he is. He didn't want to risk the possibility of her intruding into his personal space.   

 

Today, he hoped he hasn't put on the latch. he inserted her spare key and wound open the door. As he was doing so, the horrific memories of what seemed so fresh even though it happened in the first encounter with Mizuo.

...
He could remember vividly that it was a rough night when he was placed on duty to lock the library as a punishment for playing truant. The wind was blowing strong, though not as strong as today. He decided to play cheat by knocking off slightly before the instructed time of 10pm. He quickly locked the door of the library which clearly didn't have much visitors that day. He quickened his steps to return the keys to the security office.

"Hi sir, here's the keys to the library," he said while trying to keep his composure hoping he would not notice.

"It's a little early, boy."a aged security officer remarked. He sighed immediately, though it turned out to be not what he expected. "I've done the same thing when i was younger. It's fun to be young."

"Sir, does it mean you won't report me?"

"I won't report you. Keep your adventurous spirit up boy. Just remember not to go overboard and hurt anyone"

"Yes sir. Arigatou gozaimasu!" Ryosuke gave the widest smile for the day and expressed his heartfelt gratitude. 

"oh boy, since you are going back to the classroom to retrieve your bag, could you help me switch off the lights to the toilets too?"

"Sure, you can count on me."

There he went to the top floor where him and the other graduating students study, retrieved his bag and proceeded on to his assigned task. First the toilets at the top storey then down the levels, finally arriving at the first storey. He heard sounds, and it definitely wasn't  the creaking sound you would normally hear from horror films. Yet there was the most horrifying of all horror flicks, the cries of a female. He clenched his fist, with goosebumps all over, approached the source of the creepiness, the female toilet which unfortunately was the site of most horror activities. 

"Anyone here?" He asked without taking a peek in. He was too afraid to. When the cries stopped abruptly and he could only hear his own deep breathing, he grew even more frightened. He mustered his guts and walked in, still calling out but no replies. There was only one cubicle right at the far end that was half closed, so he approached cautiously. It didn't seem right when he saw a penknife blade on the floor with drips of blood. He swing open the door wider and there he saw a girl inflicting scars on her wrist.

"Yamette! What are you doing!" He held her shaking body up, covered the toilet seat and let her rest on it.  He knelt in front of her, attempting to tend to her wounds. She was crying so he grabbed a pack of tissues from his back and shoved it to her while he took a few pieces to stop the bleeding from the scrapped wrists. It seemed to him that she has done it several times before, that the fresh injuries now sat on the old ones. She looked much more than distraught, she was utterly damaged. Now that he took a better look at her, careful not to stare, he realised he did see her around. 

"You are a model too. We've met right?"

She avoided his gaze at all cost, possibly because she did recognise him at the first instance. "Leave me alone..."

"Sure i will. But I'll alert the security officer and you're probably gonna be sent for medical examination. The whole thing will blow up and it'll be more embarrassing that it will be."

"No... Please." She grabbed his sleeves and begged.

"Then you have to listen to me, agree?" He stretched out his pinky finger to strike a deal. To no avail, she compromised. "You wash up your face cause you look horrible. In the meantime I'll clean up this area"

She didn't respond but it didn't matter to him. He did what he needed to and what he thought was right then. He wet a few tissues and began wiping the floor off the blood stains. He saw her drifting towards the basin, as though she was too weak to pull herself together. He knew then it will be more troublesome as they proceeded. Instead of dreading the moment, he was more curious to understand what could have damaged her. She didn't look like someone who would be easily bullied, instead she appeared more like the bully. 

When he gestured her to the outside and she didn't move an inch, he asked, "I don't think there's anyone else in school except the security officer. If there is, I'll cover you." He was hoping he did not over promise but he knew for sure the concern for any image-conscious girl is their image itself. 

He didn't think that much when he took her hands in his and walked her to the school gate. He didn't know it was a deal at all. When he saw the security guard, he said, "sir, I've switched all the lights off. Have a good night"

"You too. And it's late, send your girlfriend home safely" the officer replied. Ryosuke didn't bother explaining, he felt that there wasn't a need as long as they themselves are aware of the relationship. In fact, he never ever bothered to explain such complicated stuff.

"Where's your house?" 

"It's okay, i can go back myself," she stubbornly rejected. He noticed her face flushed when she shook away her hands from his grip.

"That's not gonna happen.if you don't want me to spread what happened, you better do as i say."

"Why do you even care?! We barely know each other. I don't need anyone's pity, nobody cares about me anyway." 

As she rattled on, he slowly saw her life story unravel before him. He saw himself in her eyes, always trying to support a false front, pretend to be strong when in fact they are vulnerable, much vulnerable than the folks from the extreme end of poverty. She's short of kinship and friendship.

"Who's pitying you?! I don't pity in anyone and I don't even think you're worth pitying at all." He raised his voice with sarcasm.

"Look, who needs anyone to take care of ourselves. We look after ourselves. I raised myself, so what if i have no parents, I'll proof to them that i, Yamada Ryosuke don't need them."

He saw the look of lost in Mizuo. It's the look of realisation that they were both facing somewhat the same fate. 

"What happened to your parents?" She asked.

"I dont have one as i have said... At least your problem is simply they do not care. Nonetheless they're there and not unknown to you. So don't be a baby... It's not worth hurting yourself over them right"

"But..."

"I know the loneliness kills. It's not like I didn't experience before. Trust me, i know that feeling. Just get used to it, it'll be fine..."

He realised how harsh he was earlier, so he consciously returned a softer smile which paid off.

"Arigatou, Ryosuke..."

"So you remember my name then. You?"

"Suzuki Mizuo"

"I'll call you Mizuo then. So where's your house?"

"Shibuya..."

"Alright let's go then. I'll see you home at least. In your current state, i will be heartless to walk off like that."

He walked beside her to the public transport. There wasn't much words transcended. Ryosuke found himself staring at the scars on her wrist, feeling his heart cringe and sore. Not attempting to manipulate her feelings or attract her in any way, he placed his fingers on the scars, lightly rubbing it. "Does it hurt?"

"It doesn't as much as the heart does. It helps distract me from other problems especially when the blade touches"

Sat beside her in the empty public bus to her house, he looked at her seriously and said, "you're pretty, don't ruin yourself like that. If your scar stays, then you will never be okay, and there goes your life." He rubbed her hand between his then smiled warmly. He was relieved when he saw a blush on her face, that to him was an indication she's healthy. He walked her right to her house, and just at about when he was leaving, she held onto his arm. 

"Could you keep me company tonight?" She asked. It would have sounded like an attempt to make love, and he would have gladly accepted it in normal circumstances. That normality does not however hold true. He didn't turn her down because he knew how scary the feeling of loneliness is. The thought of hearing only his own breathing and no one else's could really drive someone insane. 

That night, he shared the same bed with her. She clinged onto him tightly as if he break his promise to stay and would instead go away and abandon her.

Nothing happened that night. There was not even an urge to resist cause he felt at that moment the need to protect her, keep her safe.

...
That feeling has returned. The urge to keep her in his comfort zone amid the fear that she has once again experienced the same traumatic loneliness and subjecting herself to harm. He entered the room and should at one glance see her, or so he hoped. Just when he thought she's in the toilet with her hurtful actions, he noticed something at the corner beside the bed. He dashed over to see a girl, so badly shakened. She was trembling with her fist clenched as if she was having a panic attack or seizures. She lifted her head and there he was ascertained she has cried over and over that she's  probably drained of tears already.

Without speaking at all, he squat down to her level and pulled her into his arms. He caressed her back, patting her like a father caring for his baby. He held her firmly, conveying his long promise that he will not neglect her like her parents and brother did. She shed tears, muffling his name as she nested her head on his shoulders. 

He was, on one hand, glad she did not hurt herself this time, on another hand, he realised the cause of her distress was the natural phenomenon. "Sit here. I'm gonna make sure everything is sealed properly. It'll be a rough night." He helped her onto bed while he checked all the windows, pulling the blinds. He rather not see the tornado, even if it is coming towards them. Deep in him, he too fear the unknown and would rather choose not knowing. That's probably why he makes no effort to plan for the future and would probably be seen by most as a person who's never serious about life.

He sat facing her on the bed and said, "don't worry. The tornado wont be that damaging in this district. There's no evacuation order and if there is, the hotel staff will guide us"

She nodded. He thought she understood but her reaction was still filled with anxiety. She plunged forward on him, clinging to his arms. "Don't leave me alone," she said. He could gather from her tone that this was unlike his usual fearless self with an ulterior intent, she is pleading. She's vulnerable with that cold reminder of being lonely, being abandoned. He will not and could not simply ignore that plea. "Just tonight," she added with eyes tearing with pearls on the verge of rolling out. Her cold fingers wrapped around his arms were so indicative of her real self.

That night, he watched her fall asleep in his arms. They laid beside each other on the queen-sized bed. While there were ample space, she didn't leave his side, even for a second, clinging to him with her arms wrapped around his torso and her head nested on his chest. He was exhausted and drained physically from the panic attack over her wellbeing. He was afraid history would repeat and could possibly get worst for her. He regretted being nasty to her during the trip which they both knew that they would only have each other to count on. If anything should happen to her, he will hate himself for life. Such thoughts ran over and over his mind, giving him a tight knot across his brows.

The awakening girl lightly traced the frown on his face, untangling it gently, then let her fingers down his nose, his lips, his neck and the sturdy chest that exposed itself at its collar. He jerked slightly but he was simply too tired to pry open his eyes to notice her. He didn't even have the energy to remember the call he has promised to make and hear the ringing of his phone on the bedside.

Nonetheless, the phone was picked up, and it wasn't a surprise who has called, "moshi Moshi, Ryosuke~ did I disturb you?"

"He's sleeping... If there's anything, you can tell it to me. He's tired" Mizuo answered softly so that she would get awaken him. True enough, he did not move an inch. 

"Y-you are with him now?" Her voice trembled terribly. For the other, it was music to her ears. She spare no efforts to exaggerate the bond between him and herself. Proudly she replied, "yes, right beside me. I hope you won't call inappropriately. "

The phone hung up soon after. Only the uncertainty of one heart continued to thump alone, with wild thoughts flutter in her mind. while the other heart continued in a state of fallacy, the beautiful imaginations of her own yearning. And the third, oblivious of what monster has been created.

*****

In a different time zone, on the otherside of world, Mirai had a stroll up the hill with Hiro. She couldn't remember much of the process, the beauty of the birdseye  view of the beautiful landscape once they were at the top was just too captivating. Forgetting all the inhibitions, all the complex troubles, she let herself sink into the tranquility of nature. He was instead infected by her ease of mind, smiling like his mission accomplished and her de-stress is all to his mission.

It was his turn to let down the stone he was shouldering for long. He wanted to be frank with her, and likewise for her to be so, "Mirai... Do you think I'm a jerk?"

"Why would i think that?"

"If you hadnt realise, my goodness to you isnt really pure as white. My agenda even if i tried to shake it off, had to be my desperate attempt to change your mind about love. I could have my chance to surpass him. Surely, especially when he is not around. I acted on such belief. It's a cause and effect thing." 

"..." It seemed she was deep in thoughts for a while, but it all reduce to a simple smile with the words she utter that made him feel so ashamed of himself, "Thats profound. Hiro, i know who I'm befriending and thats a guy who genuinely cares. Even if there's an agenda, so what? Everyone has, anyway. Im not about to reveal mine, but the fact you shared yours with me, i appreciate it."

They both immersed in each other's brilliance.  The air so calming, that they ended up indulging in it. If only such tranquility and zen-ness could last forever. The setting sun did live up to its name, it was the best thing she has seen. Her greed was unleashed.

"I think the night view would be even better right?" She asked with a dreamy voice. 

"No doubt about it. You'll be so close to the stars."

"Let's stay" she exclaimed.

"... We can, but can your body take it?"

"Why not?" She said in full confidence as if nothing is more important than the beauty presented before her. It was all worthwhile. In what seemed like an hour or two, the shimmering stars peeked out from the darkening skies. The fluffy clouds cleared, leaving a continuous piece of dark blue, with diamonds hung high above.

She was clearly lost for words, until he said his part "this out of the world kind, it's so beautiful that you cant quite describe it right."

As they trailed down the hill, after the long night, hiro noticed Mirai constantly looking to her watch. 

"It's a little late already. But dont worry, we'll be back home safely"

"It's not that. It's just..."

"Just what? You can tell me..." He regretted saying so cause the next instance, she shared, "Ryosuke said he'll call before the day ends. Nothing will happen you think?"

Hiro suppressed his annoyance, he said reluctantly, "instead of waiting for his call, you can always call him. It's just a small matter."

He thought his words sounded blunt when he saw Mirai feeling down. He needed more enthusiasm and a bigger heart.

"Mirai, go ahead and call him. I'll be by the tree" he looked over to a tall tree with a distance to her. He did not want to hear their conversations and he knew it might take long. With his elevated encouragement, she made the call. She had such excitement that when she was received by nothing more than disappointment and despair, she felt like her whole life was away. It wasnt the voice she dreamt of hearing. It was the voice of femininity, it's the voice of promiscuity, lust and everything that wasnt Ryosuke. It struck her then that these were in fact reflective of him, as most have warned. Even she had expected  infidelity in a long distant relationship that had not yet been brought to fruition. It seemed as though she had allowed herself into an unbelievable dream then harshly whacked out of it, and back to reality. Her dazed expression with obvious trembling of her hand is so clear to Hiro who has been observing her.

"What did he say?" He asked cautiously.

"... It's not him..."

Hiro sensed something is wrong. "Who is it? What did the person say?" He walked towards her.

"Mizuo... She said he's sleeping."

It was not entirely out of the expectation when Mirai said something like that. However it was still slightly shocking for him cause even it's for a moment or two, he see that seriousness from Ryosuke about loving Mirai. It was exactly the first of such times he felt the chap's desire to properly date. He was wrong. When he heard what she said, he knew he was completely wrong about his hopeful thought of Ryosuke.

"I'll make sure i ask Mizuo about it. Chill, it really may not be what you think. You know how things doesnt always appear the way you see it. It's this situation now. Dont jump to conclusion."

"Im not... I am sure what i heard"

"See, you are jumping to conclusion... I'll call Mizuo now then. She'll explain..."

"No... Lets just go back. I am tired" she sounded irritable and was avoiding the topic. She was confused, frustrated with the whole string of plight which could possibly follow up. 

One would think what else could go wrong in the last hour of her birthday. 

A lot. 

all a result of distraction and a missed footing, she fell from her fallacy of fictitious fairy tale plot of a beautiful prince' love at first sight for a pauper girl and a life of happily ever after. This fall should have hurt, both physically and mentally, yet it did not, except for a bad spin that felt much like she was placed in a washing machine. The voice of the angel was the last thing she heard, calling out for her name in a frenzy. If she hadnt hear an angel freaked out before, that was her first. Rolling down a hill should have caused serious abrasions, through the rocks, twigs, leafy pricks, there's no way she felt comfortable as though a futon wrapped around her has taken care of everything. She could hear and groaning and it wasnt from her, was tight shut with her bitting her jaw, bracing the impending impact. In her mind, the mere thought of a miscarriage led to a serious dilemma that as a human being, she felt shameful to habour. Losing her child seemed to be the best possible thing to happen? She get her life back,albeit it's damned with a family who loves her not, but at least it's stable. As the world spun in her narrow line of sight, she thought if having her life back to normalcy, back to her old boring life was what she wanted. 

"Ah~" she heard. It wasnt from her. that moan of extreme pain has raised her alert, has refocused her attention back to what is happening. She pried open her eyes. She saw the firm arms that kept her safe. Scratches, bruises, what she saw was blood. She looked up from the comforting chest she laid on and there she saw her saviour in deep frowns. His shirt is torn by the sharp branches, breaking his skin, and his head was bleeding slightly, and that was probably what caused the last groan. In his attempt to shield her from the damage, they have rolled and crashed into the bark from a thick aged tree, with his head on direct impact.

"Hiro~" she called weakly while she crept up nearer to his face.

In struggling to maintain his consciousness, he muttered, "a-are you hurt?"

"No..." But before she could ask about him, Hiro replied, "that's great..." Then he slipped into unconsciousness. her lids got too heavy and she too shut her eyes as she laid in his arms which never let go.

*****

"Ryosuke?" Mizuo rubbed her eyes as she was awakened not by any noise around but the sunlight that shone onto her peeking toes under the blanket that have kept her and Ryosuke warm. She was surprised Ryosuke was sitting up so still with his back facing her on the edge of the bed, his head lowered, staring deeply at something...

Mizuo wasnt about to find out what he was engrossed with. She simply couldnt get over his warmth, so she snug up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning onto his back with her head nested beside his neck. "Ryo-chan, ohayou gozaimasu... It's good to see you when i opened my eyes again, just like before"

Coldly, he responded out of context, "why did you pick up my call from Mirai...?" He looked forward, ignoring Mizuo completely. Mizuo saw his glance filled with vengeance as though he is about to skin her alive. 

"It didnt want the call to interrupt your sleep"

"What did you tell her?" He continued his monotony and cold eyes. Mizuo gulped and felt chills down her spine. They have quarrelled several times, but this time, it felt different, much more stern, much more fearful. She mustered her courage and answered confidently.

"I just said you were sleeping."

"WHY DID YOU TELL HER THAT? A GUY SLEEPING WITH A GIRL TO HER MEANS MUCH MORE"

"Then let her think so. Didnt we agree that in today's time and age, sleeping together is common. She has to live with it. She has to learn this world. Im teaching her"

"SHE IS DIFFERENT FROM US, SHE'S PURE AND INNOCENT. SHE'll BE HURT BY YOUR WORDS! BESIDES, NOTHING HAPPENED BETWEEN US ANYWAY, SO DONT MAKE IT SOUND LIKE SOMETHING DID." He stood up as he erupted in anger. 

"Exactly why she doesnt suit you. Dont you get it, Ryosuke, she's conservative and naive. We on the other hand are liberal in our concept of love, building on non-committal and mutual respect. You and her wont be happy together. You came to me today because you needed me too. That's what your heart is indicating to you. Dont resist what you really want, Ryosuke..." She threw herself over him. His arms hovered around her waist, pulling back and forth as he rummaged through his thoughts while having a migraine. 

"You know what, I'm out of here." He shoved her away, dragged his feet across the room, took his belongings and headed for the door.

"Ryosuke, please stay" she made the last plea.

"I'm exhausted. Just let me have a peace of mind. I cant think already..." He pleaded too. He exited with lethargia, and all she saw was his back view, slouching without his usual vibrancy.

He collapsed on to his own bed, with the door shut from the outside world. He stared blankly at his celling and asked himself, "What do i really want, Yamada Ryosuke?"