Beautiful chapter

The Perfect Recipe

Sunggyu stared at the letter in his trembling hands. A goodbye letter. Of course it would be that. He was the one to tell Woohyun not to come, not to travel all the way across the globe to meet him, after two long years. Because, what would they have done? Falling in love again, just to separate when the other would have returned to his country? No, he had been hurt more than enough and he was pretty sure he couldn’t take it anymore.

So he had told him that two years was a long time, that he had moved on during that time. What did Woohyun expect? Did he expect Sunggyu to tell him that he loved him, after so long? But Sunggyu was a pragmatic person, always had been. However, as he told the other that he didn’t want him to come, he had to force himself to think that had to act like the adult he was now.

And there he was, staring at the brownish paper covered in messy handwriting in his trembling hands, eyes full of tears.

Once again, thank you for all the love you gave me during those months we spent together. I probably will never forget them, you made me the happy man I didn’t know I could be.

We shouldn’t start looking for culprits, whose fault it is that this didn’t work out. I could make a list of all the efforts I made to keep this alive, but I know that you made them too. We both made errors, and we should not be the ones judging ourselves.

I wish you the best, now and forever.

Sunggyu knew it wasn’t true. He didn’t make enough efforts, he was not strong enough, not stubborn enough, unlike Woohyun. If it was all over, it was most probably his own fault. But it was too late and it was what he wanted. So he pressed the letter against his chest and whispered a “thank you” that no one would ever hear. He wiped his tears, carefully placed the letter in one of his desk’s drawers and walked out of his room, closing the door and a beautiful chapter of his life.

He just really hoped that all those people believing in soulmates were wrong, because if they weren’t, he had just let his one true love slip away.

 

~ Piou0102 ~


 

Basically, that's the end of my story. It starts with "Kiss me slowly" and ends with "Beautiful chapter". The letter is made of translated parts of the actual letter I've received. I hope you liked it. ^^

And don't worry, the fluff will be back in the next chapter! :p