Chapter Six

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ma’am, the CEO of one of the chosen company for the proposal yesterday is waiting at meeting room already,” Sooyoung’s secretary informed as they gets inside the exclusive elevator.

“That early? We only had given the invitation yesterday; I didn’t know they will accept it. You said it’s the CEO himself who’s waiting for me?” Sooyoung looks at her secretary.

“Yes Ma’am. He arrived twenty minutes ago already.”

Sooyoung has to sigh from the immediate response from one of the companies and it’s their CEO himself who goes out to meet her.

The proposed project was about establishing a mall near the huddled hotels and resort with one of their premier condominiums they have on a certain rural district. Her company thrives with the best of the hotels, resorts, private and exclusive housings. The very first subdivision she planned is already ongoing and is expected to be finished by the end of the next year.

The ting of the elevator stopped her from thinking furthermore. She decided to get to her office first to get the necessary papers they need for the plan discussion. She instructed her secretary to give the word on the waiting CEO.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Kris has been trying to calm himself from seat as he wait for the female head of the Ji Empire. Yes, he grabbed the chance when he receives the invitation yesterday about being the chosen company to put up a joint project with the Ji Empire. It is not about the fame it will add on his part but the lady behind the enormous empire.

“I am sorry for being late, Mister CEO.”

He immediately turns to the open door near the far end of the room. He is occupying the opposite end of the table; giving him an ample distance from her.

Sooyoung enters the room after a polite bow, smiling like any business minded people he knows. When she’s already settled on her seat, she stares at him for a while before her face brightens with recognition.

“Oh, Mister Kris Wu! I didn’t know it would be the prestigious Wu Corporation CEO himself who has been waiting for me,” she said, surprised from the unexpected man sitting across her.

“It’s a chance rarely offered so better take it already,” he replies, trying to act cool about her presence.

“So, shall we get to discuss our plan?” she started as each of them receives a folder. The room dims and one of her employees, the one who proposed the project starts the structure of the plan.

Kris tried to concentrate on the plan being discussed than on the lady across him. When he’s already set on business mode he started pointing out some flaws on the plan and proceeds on the map for the land proportion and the place. He added more on the possible goods they may have for the proposed mall which will be useful not just for the exclusive housings and hotels but the nearby residences as well.

They spent more than an hour on the planning and another more on the budget plan. It was a very tiring discussion as they both brainstorm on the betterment of the proposed project. After more than three hours, they finally adjourned the meeting, setting the contract signing for later after lunch.

“I hope you don’t mind if I invite you for some refreshment as we wait for the contracts to be finished,” she offers as their secretaries both work on tidying the table from the papers.

“I would dare not refuse such kind offer,” he replies, finally able to remove his mindset on business matters.

“Let’s have it on my botanical house on the rooftop. The wind will surely aide in relieving the boredom my meeting room had given off,” she smiles as she stands up first.

For the first time during their meeting, a smile blooms on his face.

He followed her to the exclusive elevator she has on her floor. Her assistant escorted them as they go up on the said botanical house.

It’s not one of the closed spaces; it’s completely open with a mini gazebo in the middle where a table is already made, a waiter already standing near a cart, ready to serve them. He pulled the chair for her, giving him that very short time to be near to her.

“Thank you,” she said, adjusting herself as he occupies the seat opposite her. Finally, she gets her in privacy. The waiter started serving them refreshments with some sweets as well.

A moment of silence stretched; a comfortable one for her as she enjoys the wind soothingly blowing over them and an awkward one for him as he tries to stop himself from bombarding her with questions.

“I can’t quite comprehend the way you handle such empire alone,” he started, diverting on the business world instead.

“My cousins helped me on the starting years and I have my fiancé with me all the way,” she replies, reaching for her drink.

“You,” he stops, trying his best to look at her in the eye, “You really love him that much eh?” he asks, trying to fool himself that she will reply what he wants to hear.

A bashful smile with a cute blush colors her cheeks, “Of course, I reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter