Chapter Thirteen

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Madame, the preparations have been done already. You have a meeting with the board of executives for the budget breakdown for this year and the plans for the next months. Since it will be more about presenting the sales and how the company progressed the past years, it will be a lengthy one that could probably encompass half a day. After that, there are the paper reviews and other things that need your attention and signatures. I will deliver them on your office after lunch. Then, after those, is the scheduled party you had at the Eiden Orphanage. Mr. Park Chanyeol is also expecting you after the party for an exclusive dinner,” her secretary relays as they head to her office to prepare for the executive meeting.

“I’ll just call on Chanyeol if I don’t get to his dinner; thank you and please gather the executives so we can start right away,” she instructs.

“Will do Madame,” her secretary bows as she gets inside her office.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

All throughout the day, Chanyeol busies himself on matters about business. The exports and imports have been successful and he is looking forward for another bountiful exchange and sales and profits.

“Sir, I have done the preparations. I have reserved the restaurant for the night and informed here secretary about your appointment,” his secretary relays as he relaxes after signing and reviewing piles of papers.

“Good; make sure everything’s perfect. I will get to the place by nightfall. I will send a car to fetch her,” he said, eyeing the black clouds that linger up in the sky.

‘I hope nothing goes wrong tonight,’ he prays as he closes his eyes for a momentary nap.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

“Sir, I have received an invitation on a party at the Eiden Orphanage later this afternoon. It was scheduled after your meeting with Zhang Ventures, should we accept and send our confirmation?”

Kris looks up at his secretary, “Party at the Eiden Orphanage? Who’s the sponsor?”

“It’s Madame Choi Sooyoung,” his secretary replies.

“Confirm it. I will go,” he replies and resumes on his work.

Since the orphanage is not that far from his place, he could go and change for some casual clothes to feel comfortable at the party. After all, they are going to deal with children.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

“Have you checked over the catering and the gifts?” Sooyoung asks after changing on a simple purple sleeve-less cotton dress that goes just right above her knee. She matches it with a black cardigan and a pair of ballerina shoes.

She feels even more comfortable despite the nagging tiring feeling creeping up into her system.

“Everything’s already prepared. They are just waiting for you,” her secretary smiles as they go down the exclusive elevator at her office leading down the basement parking lot.

Along the way, she receives a message from Chanyeol.

I will send a car to fetch you later; call me if you are about to finish okay?

She replies with a ‘yes’ and places her phone on her purse. After a fifteen minute drive, they arrived at the orphanage.

The children run to meet her; despite feeling tired, she feels so relieved just by the sight of their smile.

“They can’t wait for you; I thought of having some games while waiting for you.”

She looks up and is startled to see Kris smiling down at her. He looks so foreign with that black shirt with black pants ripped at the knees matched with white Converse.

“Hi…” she suddenly felt herself blush for some unknown reason.

“Come on kids, let us get inside before it rains,” he ushers the children inside as Sooyoung gestures her secretary near her.

“Why is he here?” she asks.

“I don’t know either; I am equally startled as you madam,” her secretary replies, suddenly fearing what Sooyoung might say.

“Let’s just get inside; I’ll just ask him myself.”

Despite her effort to find time to talk toKris, they got busy and occupied by the activities they had with the children.

The fun and party they had taken much of their time that they did not notice the heavy rainfall.

It was around 9:30 when the head of the orphanage decided to have the children to bed since it’s already late. Before they return to their quarters, they gave the two a farewell hugs and kisses.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

“Sir, I think there will be an upcoming storm. Should we just cancel the dinner?” Chanyeol’s secretary informs his silent boss who is still facing the empty chair.

The preparations and all are already perfect but then the car he sent for her had been caught in a tight traffic because of an unexpected landslide and road blockings.

He chose to stay silent and stretch the last string of his patience for another thirty minutes; hoping Sooyoung will arrive.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

“How can I go home with this rain?” Sooyoung sighs as she watches the tapping of the heavy rain on the window.

“Where’s your secretary?” Kris asks as he joins her in watching the rain.

“I asked her to go home already; I can’t reach Chanyeol and my parents. I left my phone on my purse at my service car. I thought Chanyeol will send a car to fetch me,” she replies, letting out a tired sigh.

“Would you mind crashing in my place? I have my car with me and maybe we can call them at my place,” Kris offers.

“But it’s raining hard,” she looks up at him.

“I only live a few blocks away from here; there’s no flood or traffic in this part of the district. Well, if you would like to just stay in here, I could talk to the head to provide you a room,” Kris replies, slowly turning to talk to the head of the orphanage but secretly hoping Sooyoung will accept his offer.

A grip on his arm stops him, “I’ll probably crash in your place and call them.”

He tries to suppress the grin forming on his lips before turning around to hold her hand and bid their goodbyes.

With the umbrella provided by the orphanage, he escorted her to his car, letting her inside the passenger seat. When he got inside, he turns on the heater to make it warm inside.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Upon arriving at the condominium where he resides, he parks at the basement and punches some combinations on the elevator to get to his own place.

“You own an entire floor?” Sooyoung asks as he escorts her out of the elevator to his pad.

“Yeah, and floor upstairs as well,” he smiles, opening the door for her.

“Make yourself at home; I have the phone in there; you could start making some calls,” he points over the telephone as he proceeds to his room to change. After less than five minutes, he steps out with a pair of white sweat pants and a clean white shirt.

“I can’t reach them; the storm might have blocked the line service,” she sighs, putting down the phone.

“I…” Kris hesitates for a moment, “I have some spare clothes that will fit you. You can probably change so we could wash your dress,” he finally offers.

“I hope you don’t mind,” she blushes, fidgeting with her hands.

Kris returns back to his room and gives her a white cotton long sleeved shirt and a pair of sweat pants as well. He showed her the bathroom before leaving her to make some warm drinks.

He is not sure whether to be happy that he has no guest room or not; nevertheless, he prays that the rain pour down even harder.

When he returns to the living room, she joins him shortly, dressed already.

“Chocolate with marshmallows,” he offers which lightens up her face.

“It’s been long since I have had one of those,” she smiles, joining him on the sofa.

“I think being with children reduces stress much eh?” Kris inclines his head to address her.

“Yes; I find their company comforting. It may be tiresome at some point but it is worth it. How did you receive an invitation that I will be holding a party at the orphanage?” she asks.

He looks back at her with a raised brow of confusion, “You sent the invitation. My secretary informed me,” he replies.

She tries to think of ever reminding her secretary to send an invitation to him. It’s actually a personal event and she intends to do the party alone but then here comes Kris, telling him he sent the invitation herself. Something is seriously wrong. Instead of probing the issue, she just smiles back. “I forgot about that. I did send an invitation. I’m glad to see you there.”

They share the silence that ensured till they finish their drinks. Her eyes start to betray her as it gets droopy.

“Would you want to go on and rest?” he asks when she stifles a yawn.

“Works made me so tired,” she explains as she waits for him to lead her to another room but they goes back to his bedroom.

“You don’t have any guest room?” she asks, alarmed by the thought.

“My mother had my place renovated. Are you bothered by that? I am not going to join you on the bed; I will be taking the sofa,” he chuckles at her alarmed state.

It hits her conscience, “But isn’t it uncomfortable to s-“

A flash of lightning followed by the rumble of the thunder made her stop as her eyes widened in fear. She tries to steady herself but the series of lightning and thunder made her run into his arms; clinging like it could stop her from trembling.

Although he is aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter