Chapter Seventeen

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris has finally recovered from his fever. Despite the insistent advice of Fei for him to remain at bed, he still persisted to work.

What Sooyoung had said that night finally marked the end of his journey in his quest for her heart. It’s been decided already and he doesn’t want her to go through problems and all if he tries again in reclaiming her. It really is time to let go; the memories will always bring back pain but time will lessen the impact. It may never heal but it will hurt less.

He didn’t consider that ten years as wasted years; those actually brought him to where he is right now. Just as what he hears, ‘look into the positive side.’

Maybe this is really the best for them. This is just really their fate, the ones written in their palms. You will feel the love, get hurt and end up losing her as well. But he has to go on and start moving on. It’s not like the world will stop if he doesn’t get her back.

For the time being, he will return to China on one of their sub offices there. He could assign his sister anyway to takeover in the main office there in Seoul and watch over the progress of his ongoing projects.

“So this is really it. We cannot anymore insist if that is your choice,” Luhan sighs as they all watch Kris go over some papers before his leave. It is so sad to note that he will leave on Sooyoung’s wedding day.

“I cannot force her; I have done what I can do, you have shared you part but this is really is it. We are ‘the history repeating itself’ from our parents,” Kris replies, still looking over the papers.

“She hasn’t return yet. As what I have heard, Chanyeol gave her the time alone. I have tried locating her but I was never able to find her,” Baekhyun pouts, crossing his arms in a childish way.

“I’m sorry Kris that I didn’t tell you they were in Budapest. It may have changed the situation at hand,” Fei sobs once again. She has been sobbing whenever she gets the chance to apologize to Kris that they suspected her to be pregnant.

“Fei, I am getting irritated at your unlimited apologies,” Kris sighs, trying to glare at her but she just bursts into tears again.

“God has His reasons why we ended up like this so stop blaming yourself,” he added, pressing his intercom to relay some instruction to his secretary.

His friends can only watch him get busy on work. They pity him but they chose not to vocalize their sympathy, it will irritate and hurt him all over again. Perhaps this is really the right thing for the two of them.

“Perhaps your real princess is in China and not in here,” Kyungsoo blurts, his distracted gaze focused on the working Kris.

Kris chuckles, a subtle one but nevertheless made his friends breathe in relief.

“I really thought he will burst at you with flames and burn you with his eyes,” Tao chuckles, nudging the startled Kyungsoo.

“Huh? Did I say something wrong?” he asks with wide surprised eyes.

That finally made them all chuckle which eventually led to laughter and Kris is no exception to that.

After a while, Kris stares at his group of friends who are teasing Kyungsoo. A warm smile stretched his lips. This is the part of looking at the positive side of the situation. He may have lost her but God left this group of people that he will be forever thankful for.

Maybe some people can attest that it is better to be single with a bunch of good and loyal friends you can be crazy with at all times; people who will stick with you on every curve and bump of the way.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Chanyeol leans on his swivel chair, turning to look at the view his office offers. It has been two weeks straight with no information of where he could find her. He has been agitated ever since reading her note. He wants to send a group of people to look for her but he doesn’t want to anger her as well.

‘Where are you Sooyoung?’ he thought, closing his eyes, trying to divert the worry slowly creeping back to his heart again.

The wedding preparations are already done, the date even set already. As the days slowly goes by one by one, his anxiety grows with it. What if Sooyoung never comes back? What if she has left with Kris? What if she returns and breaks the wedding? What will he do? How will he handle it?

He is not ready to face the karma of deceiving her if the chance arrives. Yes, he is also scared of the time that so called ‘miracle’ about her recovering her memories arrives. He ran a hand on his hair out of frustration of the possibilities bombarding his head.

“Sooyoung, please don’t leave me…” he whispers, trying his best not to shed the tears he has been holding back for long.

“I wouldn’t leave you.”

He abruptly turns and stares at his open doo where Sooyoung is standing with a bag near her foot. He bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter