Chapter Fourteen

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where is he?” Fei asks as they arrive, laughing form a shared private joke. Since they know the password of Kris’s studio or better say their studio, she chooses it for better privacy.

“He’s bound to the province to visit her sister. Jia noona had been wishing as well to talk to him,” Kyungsoo replies taking a seat on the large sofa.

“So what’s the rush that you want us to convene in here? Are you getting engaged as well?” Baekhyun grins.

“No, not yet but someone is getting engaged,” she replies, pacing back and forth in front of them.

“Why are you pacing there? You’re getting us dizzy in here,” Tao crosses his arms, leaning on the seat.

“They are getting engaged; they will formalize everything a few days from now,” she said, stopping to look at all of them.

Brows of confusion rose from her statement.

“They? Who are you referring to?” Luhan leans forward, apprehensive of what Fei may reply.

“The nerd and his princess,” she said.

Up to now, they still find it more comfortable to refer Chanyeol as ‘the nerd’ and Sooyoung as ‘his princess’. It just sounds so awkward to use their real names.

“Have you planted spies on their ground that you are telling us that news? Come on Fei; you cannot be serious,” Luhan nervously chuckles.

“Yeah, we are already hallway on your mission to get her back,” Baekhyun seconded.

“Do you think I would just gather you and tell you that they are going to formalize everything for fun?”

The silence that followed made Tao curse.

“We better hurry then; it’s time to escalate things a bit higher than expected,” Luhan starts to roll the sleeves of his polo.

“How did you learn this information?” Kyungsoo asks.

Fei finally graces herself the separate couch opposite them. “I was to inform Dr. Jisun about the surgery we will be having tomorrow when I overheard them talking with each other. Chanyeol and Sooyoung are in his office with Dr. Yoonsoo. They decided for a private party; close friends and relatives only,” she said, sighing, feeling uncomfortable and fidgety again.

A warm hand over her trembling ones made her look up at Tao who assures her with a look, “Don’t worry, we will get this mess in time.”

“I am scared; scared for what will happen to him if we don’t get her back.”

Everyone looks at her; she knows that all of them share the same sentiment.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

The invitations are already printed; they just need to distribute it and things will be finalized.

“Are you ready?” Chanyeol asks, buttoning his cuffs as he watches Sooyoung admire the invitations.

“Yes; I am ready,” she replies, “I’ll be down in a minute,” she adds as he watches him leave their room.

With a smile, she grabs a few of those papers with a few people in mind.

Instead of getting directly to where she should go, she drops by at the mall where she met them. She stops by first on the coffee shop, then the two boutiques, the perfume shop and last but not the least, the jewelry shop. Theo owners are not there but she left a message on their employees to relay her message together with the invitation. The last one, she had it delivered on her after dropping by at their hospital.

They may not be that close but they just feel so familiarly close like she have been with them for long to consider them family despite the brief moments she has been with each of them.

For the next hours, she devoted herself to work to finish whatever pending papers she has in store. The project with Kris is going on smoothly and she felt relived about that. She will just visit it after the engagement party, so as her other ones.

By around seven, she finally closes her office. There are few people on overtime with her as she bids them goodbye.

Chanyeol will be home later because of an urgent meeting with a client he labeled as ‘very important.’ Instead of having her driver drive her back home, she decides to take a break and drive around for a while. It’s been so long since she had the liberty to drive on her own.

With her spare car on the basement parking lot, she hands her things to her driver, instructing him to send it home. She brought her phone with her, in case she needs to call them.

The hum of the engine and the feel of the steering wheel in her hands feel relaxing in some sense as she steps on the accelerator. The blowing wind soothes her as she allows the liberty of them on her open window. With no direction in mind, she just kept on driving.

When the scenery outside had changed to fields and trees, she finally decided to turn back. She had gone too far and Chanyeol will be home anytime sooner. She starts backing up to make a U-turn but the sight of a single small black Victorian-inspired gate made her stop. Something about her made her park her car instead. She steps out, leaving her phone inside.

No one seems to be around and the faint trace of light a bit further inside is intriguing. She pushes the gate and felt relieved that it is not locked. The path is lined with white slabs of marble, creating that lovely effect with small rows of bushes to adorn the sideways.

As she ventures furthermore, the more the lights get brighter. When she’s already in the open, she marvels at the sight.

The whole place is clearly illuminated with lamp posts around, the trees serving as walls from the outside. There are few metal benches around but what catches her attention is the well-lit gazebo floating on the mini lake. The vines on the pillars and railing are adorned with lights with a small chandelier hanging inside, the lights turned down low. The path leading to it is lighted as well on the side. It’s like a sanctuary exclusively built on the heart of the forest.

She hastens her steps to get to the gazebo, thrilled by dis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter