Chapter Eleven

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since that encounter outside his mall. Right now, he is trying to clear his mind of that encounter. Today is their ground breaking ceremony to formally start the construction. It may be a small occasion but this will mark the start of their collaboration.

“Sir, we should head there already,” his secretary speaks by the door.

With one last look on his dress, he nods and follows his secretary down his office to get to his car. With every minute they get near the location, his heart increases its speed as well.

How should he react upon meeting her? Should he act like nothing happened or ask her casually about her feelings today?

It is stressing him out and he doesn’t like the idea of it.

“Sir, we are here already,” his driver stops the car along the line of cars invited for the ground breaking ceremony.

‘You can do this,’ he cheers for himself, finally stepping out the open car’s door.

The flash of cameras blinded him for a while as he tries to find his way on the place where the ground breaking ceremony will be held.

There are some of the few investors already wearing a safety helmet. The place is already excavated as a worker hands him his safety helmet as well.

The present business people greet him, shaking his hands and asking snippets about his present condition and ongoing projects.

After the line of old and young business man, he ends up beside Sooyoung who is smiling warmly at him. It would have been a nice view but the sight of the tall guy beside her, a possessive arm around her waist, made him return the smile thriftily.

The acting emcee of the said event started a small speech about the collaboration for the said project and a few things regarding Kris and Sooyoung, the main pair behind this awaited building.

They soon started the ground breaking rituals and whatnots for a good fortune for the soon to be rising structure.

“Please, we are inviting everyone for a lunch sponsored by CEO Kris Wu,” the emcee announced as everyone files to leave the area.

“Sooyoung,” Kris calls on her before she could get lost on the throng of people going out. She stops, turning to throw him a questioning look.

“Can I talk you for a moment?”

She finally turns to completely face him.

“Uhm… are you okay now? I mean, the last time … “ he drifts off in his speech, finding it awkward to talk about the last time they are together.

Her face breaks into a genuine smile, “It was nice of you to stay with me in there for a while. I am fine already; the issues already resolved. I hope you can keep a secret.”

He just replies with a smile as they get interrupted once again by the fiancé.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Along the way, Kris recounts what they had talked about that day when they decided to just lounge at Xiumin’s coffee shop.

*Flashback*

“I sometimes don’t understand him; I mean we all know that I am bound to meet people in this line of work but he often brings issue about things that should not be thought of as a threat. I don’t get it why he is so worked up on the photo shoot. I am tired of explaining my side already,” she relays, wrapping her hands on the warm mug of chocolate.

“Does he really have to be asked for permission if you are to do things?” Kris asked; annoyed by how Chanyeol sounds so possessive.

“Not at all times, but these past months he will always asks about every detail of my schedule and a complete recap about what had transpired that day and see if it matches my schedule. It’s suffocating me,” she sighs, lowering her gaze.

“Would you want to be my girlfriend instead?” Kris blurted all of the sudden.

Both their eyes widen at the sudden offer before they burst in laughter at what had just happened.

“Seriously, you never thought of having another girlfriend after your former?” she asks, the mood finally lightening.

“There’s no proper closure so I think I still have the chance to have her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter