Chapter Three

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reminiscence Part 1

 

Kris is startled to hear the loud bang of his door. It looked like someone so strong barged inside his room and it is just five in the morning.

He haven’t had any sleep for that night, he just sat by his bed, looking outside the window. It truly surprised him to see Fei in a stained gown storming towards him.

The sound of a hand coming in contact with his face resounded in his room even before he could ask his unexpected visitor.

“Are you happy now? Are you happy that she is suffering as well? Does it make you feel good to know that she met an accident? How inconsiderate of you to do nothing? For god’s sake Kris! You are the one she loves, not Chanyeol. That kiss you saw is Chanyeol’s mistake and not her will. You probably know that that guy has a thing for her!” Fei yells.

Kris turned his reddened face.

“You don’t know what I feel so don’t come around in here early in the morning just to tell me that,” Kris glared at her.

“Then fine! You can settle with your life now! She is already gone. Just to give you some insight, they had her flown abroad for her second surgery because she just met and accident and it revealed just how bad her condition had been; it’s good that they didn’t told us where they will take her, it will be useless telling you anyway,” then she turns away, leaving a stunned Kris who is trying to absorb everything she had just said.

Slowly, ever slowly, the words Fei had just screamed in front of his face finally get registered in his mind.

“A-accident… surgery… abroad…?” he utters, finding it hard to believe that her Princess is being taken away from him. He blankly stares at the door where his mother and sister stand; pitying him as tears finally falls down his cheeks.

The two ladies find it hard to suppress the ache they feel for him as they finally shed the tears they are trying to hold back. Jia runs to hug him, sobbing like she’s the one being affected by the situation directly.

Jia parts and cups Kris’s face, trying to shake him back to reality. “Kris, listen to me,” she coaxes, pulling the younger one out of his blank state.

“We will follow them right away. It will take time before they can get to the airport. It will take time, let’s go,” Jia pulls his hand, dragging him along as she hastily bid their mother goodbye. She takes his car keys and pushed him on the passenger seat so she can drive. It’s risky to let an emotional guy like her brother to drive.

She steps on the accelerator, willing the car past its limits just to get to the airport the fastest way. The morning road is clear and she doesn’t have to worry about speed ticket. When she finally sees the airport structure, she maneuvers the car even faster.

She steps on the brakes just right at the entrance of airport, surprising other people. They received weird looks but she has no time to deal with those. They have a plane to catch. Kris, who finally recovers, runs to the information desk.

“Excuse me, what flight is Choi Sooyoung heading to? The patient that had just been rushed in here?” he asks the startled staff.

“Sir, that’s private. We cannot disclose any information regarding our passengers,” the male staff replies.

“This is an emergency! I need to know where she is heading,” he begs, willing himself not to do any disastrous actions.

“Sir, we are so sorry. We cannot disclose the information. You have to ask permission from our manager,” the male staff insisted.

“Where’s the manager’s office?” he demands, his patience growing thin by minute.

“Follow me sir,” then the male staff walks briskly to get the demanding Kris to the Manager’s office. Jia followed closely, trying to call someone.

When he arrives at the office, the staff left him to knock on his own. Instead of doing so, he barged inside, knowing full well who will be sitting behind the desk. Why haven’t he thought of it a while ago?

“Mister Kim Jae Kyun, I need to know the flight where a Choi Sooyoung is heading to,” he immediately asks, leaving the greetings later on.

Upon recognizing him, the man behind the desk starts to look on their records in his computer. “The very recent flight she has already left five minutes ago. It’s heading to Turkey,” Mister Kim replies, reading the registered record.

“It has left already?” Kris stares at him, a bitter laugh escaping his mouth at the absurd cliché he is right now. Before he could cry once again, Jia ushers him on a corner and talked to the shocked manager.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

The drive back home is erringly silent. Jia chose to slow down this time and let her brother wallow in his miseries as he stares blankly outside the car’s window.

Even when the car has stopped, Kris is still looking out the window, oblivious of their sudden stop.

It’s pitiful and very much heartbreaking to see her brother like this. She reaches to gently tap his shoulder, “Kris,” she tentatively called.

“Why is everything against us?” he asks.

“Kris, please stop doing this to yourself,” Jia bit her lower lip, trying her best not to sob.

He turns to look at her, “Then what should I do? What am I supposed to do? Father is gone! She is gone! I don’t know what to do anymore! There’s just no sense of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter