Chapter Fifteen

Reclaiming His Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the joyous event she should be partaking since it is for her and Chanyeol; her mind still floats to that moment she had with Kris under the gazebo.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asks as he slowly escorts her to some guests exclusively invited for the event.

The vows and ring have been exchanged a while ago. Luhan and his friends are even there to give their best wishes on them but she senses their hesitation and their felicitation feel half-hearted or she might just be feeling things again.

She plastered a smile on her face; pushing the thoughts down. She badly wants to ask them about Kris but she just can’t find the strength and the courage, especially if Chanyeol is around.

By the end of the party; she is exhausted that she wishes to retire early to bed. Chanyeol gave in to her wish; reminding her about the wedding plan which she will be participating to with their mothers.

Despite that tiring feeling, she still can’t sleep. It’s around four in the morning when she finally succumbs to drowsiness.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

She woke up late and if not for her phone she might have slept throughout the day.

“Hello?” she groggily answers.

“Baby, where are you? Chanyeol said you will be coming in here for the planning. His mother will be arriving shortly,” her mother replies on the other line.

“I’m sorry mom. I overslept. I’ll be there in a while. Chanyeol must have forgotten to wake me up,” she said, pulling herself out of the bed.

“Ok then. I’ll be waiting in here,” her mother replies before she ends the call.

While preparing, the doorbell rings. She grabs her coat before opening the door. There stood the woman who always does their laundry.

“Oh, Mrs. Ahn, come inside,” she opens the door widely but the older woman refuses.

“I need to deliver a few more laundry. Here’s yours,” she hands her a basket; “It’s already pressed and folded accordingly. The coats will be delivered later today. Is there going to be someone in here?” Mrs. Ahn asks.

“I will be out the whole day. I will just drive by at your shop to pick it up,” she smiles.

“I saw this this on one of your clothes,” Mrs. Ahn hands her an old photo.

“Oh, thank you then,” she said, reaching for the photo. “I’ll provide the payments when I pick up the coats,” she added into which the older one agrees.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Mrs. Park Hyejin is a very charming woman; she kept the atmosphere light between the three of them as they all brainstorm for the wedding which had been set a month from now. Sooyoung have been laughing at her jokes and stories of mischief and adventures. It clearly shows that her son grew up with much love.

“My daughter is busy on her studies abroad that’s why she can’t come. She will be calling later on after her classes. She wouldn’t miss this event despite the fact that her brother will be married ahead of him,” Hyejin chuckles.

“Oh, if forgot about that. When does he plan to get married?” Yoonsoo asks as Sooyoung busies herself with the gowns and fabrics.

“After she graduates; and I just hope she will bear a child at that age. She’s not getting any younger,” Hyejin firmly stated into which Yoonsoo giggles.

They started talking about the details of the wedding and the reception. The gown has been settled long. The design was a gift from one of her cousins and she simply adores it.

By three in the afternoon, Hyejin excuses herself to meet some friends and associates as well. That gives Sooyoung the chance to ask her mother.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Yoonsoo stares wide-eyed at the picture Sooyoung has just handed her. It’s the one Hyeyoung gave to Gregory.

“How did you get this?” she asks her daughter.

“Mom, that one doesn’t matter. What I want to hear is the story behind that picture. I know how my real father looks like and it is anywhere near Kris. Please, tell me who that man is,” she begs.

The inevitable finally happens. She can’t anymore hide the truth. Sooyoung is old enough to know the story. She takes a deep breath, reaching for Sooyoung’s hands for her to hold.

“Promise me that it will not change on how you look at your father, how you see Jisun okay?” Yoonsoo holds her gaze. Sooyoung nods in agreement.

“The four of us are actually best friends. Your mother and I are inseparable so as Jisun and Gregory, Kris’s father. We go to the same school medical school with different fields, except for Hyeyoung who followed Gregory into neurology. We never thought that we will end up as couples. Jisun started courting me and of course, who can refuse him?” Yoonsoo chuckles; painting a smile on Sooyoung’s face.

“We already sensed that mutual understanding between your mother and Gregory but unlike us who had our relationship publicized, they didn’t confirm theirs yet. Gregory and Jisun were sent abroad for an exclusive internship in America. Just as they promised, they went home with flying colors, Gregory bagging most of the honor.”

“I am aware of the jealousy tendencies of Jisun and I reprimanded him for that. Gregory finally admits his feelings for Hyeyoung into which your mother returns with the same fervor. With the recent achievement and fame Gregory received and was still receiving, he formally asks for your mother’s hand in marriage. Your grandparents were very much happy and accepted the proposal. They were supposed to get engaged formally but Jisun objects.”

“I know I should have done something to stop him from objecting but its family matters so I cannot just in and express my thoughts. Jisun was consumed by jealousy as Gregory’s pedestal starts to get even higher. I cannot condemn Gregory because he deserves it; he’s a brilliant man and I know he will reach much on the medicine field.”

“The engagement was delayed until they graduate but the unfortunate happened. Your grandparents met an accident a day after their graduation. Hyeyoung was devastated so as Jisun. Gregory and I were there to comfort them. The engagement was delayed even more. When we had settled on a permanent job; Gregory decided to pursue his former proposal. We were the one who discussed the plan on how to surprise Hyeyoung. But to our astonishment, Jisun rejects the proposal. I don’t know what had gone into him and I can’t just drill some sense into his mind. Your father was consumed entirely by his jealousy because even at work, Gregory is more highly praised. Being the only guardian of Hyeyoung he has the power to reject marriage proposal for her sister.”

Yoonsoo stops, wiping away a tear from her face as she stares at Sooyoung who is so immersed on the story.

“Instead of having Gregory as Hyeyoung’s husband, she married her off to the sole heir of the Ji Empire, your father, Ji Yong Won. Your mother was married off first than me. I thought she will be in good hands despite the fact that they don’t love each other. Gregory still remains working in the same hospital as ours. The animosity between them was still there; Hyeyoung was immediately sent on a branch of the hospital for a few months. When she came back, she’s already pregnant. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter