Meeting with Council

Student Council

I dreaded going back to school after the weekend. The last thing I wanted was to have to be in the same room as Jungkook. I sat down at my desk and Sumin and Soyeon suddenly appeared and bombarded me with questions. My face became warm as I remembered the kiss, “You did kiss!” Soyeon squealed as both of them wrapped their arms around me and squeezed tightly. “You’re going to be the power couple, you’re so cute!” Sumin said as I swatted them away. “It was a good date but we got in this massive fight and he only kissed me to make me angrier than I already was.” I sighed. Soyeon and Sumin tried consoling me but were interrupted by the teacher.

I couldn’t help but notice that Jungkook wasn’t in class. Was he sick? Or did he not have a reason to come to class anymore? I’m not his reason anymore. I figured he was just sick and that he would be at school tomorrow. But then tomorrow arrived and again, he wasn’t in his usual seat. Refusing to allow him to cross my mind, I pushed him aside until Friday came and almost left. After the last class of the day, I absentmindedly handed in my assignment class before running to the Student Council room during class break. After rounding the corner, I ducked under the room’s window, “why am I doing this? Why do I care if he’s here or not?” I asked myself and sinking my head into my crossed arms. “Platinum-sshi?” someone stopped in front of me and said. I looked up and saw Jimin standing over me with his school bag slung over his shoulder. He had a sweet smile across his face and his eyes were gentle. I wasn’t able to say anything, overwhelmed by how handsome he looked. “Are you okay?” he asked and reached a hand to help me up.

In that moment, I trusted him for some reason. I didn’t know him but his aura was gentle and kind. I took his hand and he helped me up from my fetal position and I was finally able to look around for Jungkook in his usual “throne” but he wasn’t there. “Where’s Jungkook?” I finally spoke a word to Jimin-sunbae. “Oh, of course,” he smiled, “Kookie’s dad brought him to London for the week.” Jimin said simply as he led me into the Student Council room, still holding my hand. It was odd being in there without being angered by Jungkook. It was well furnished and was stocked full of books and had seven computers set up. I stepped in and all the Student Council members stood up and greeted me. They were all gentlemanly and gave off a sense of kindness unlike Jungkook. After they all formally introduced themselves to me, I turned to Jimin and asked, “Is Jungkook going back to London?” to which all six of them chuckled. “No, Jungkook would never leave his Platinum. He usually goes on trips with his father. Mr. Jeon believes that Jungkook learns more when he’s out of school since our Kookie’s a little… Rebellious and hard-headed.” Namjoon-sunbae explained as I laughed, “I’m aware.”

For some reason, a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt relieved. “Aw, you were worried, weren’t you?” Seokjin-sunbae laughed and gave me a hug, instantly feeling the rush of blood to my face. He was just so… well built? I’m sorry, it’s hard to explain. It’s like that feeling when you get home after walking through the cold and wrapping yourself up in a huge, fuzzy, warm blanket but… from a boy. “I-I-I wasn’t worried,” I stuttered as he released me and avoided making eye contact with him, “I just wondered why he wasn’t in class.” I explained.

After a very awkward encounter with the Student Council, I walked home in a daze. They seemed like those guys that I read about in mangas and watched in dramas. I honestly only thought they existed in those realms, how can they even be real?