Red

Student Council

Once I walked back into the classroom after my little showdown with Jungkook, I found Soyeon and Sumin scrubbing away at my desk before they saw me. Instantly, they turned around and tried to hide my desk from me. “They wrote on my desk?” I said, unimpressed at the bullying attempt – things like this don’t scare me. Any teacher that believes that I would write all these mean things on my own desk, is dense. “We didn’t want you see this.” Soyeon said. I could tell that she was disappointed that she couldn’t protect me but I was happier that the two of them tried. They really were my friends. “It doesn’t bother me but thank you for trying.” I said while wiping away the soap from the desktop.

After they returned to their desks, I couldn’t help but read the words written in black marker: , , undeserving, Cinderella, witch, mistress, etc. It would be a massive lie if I said those words didn’t hurt and drew out tears from my eyes. As I tried to compose myself, Jungkook walked up behind me and clapped once, really loudly, catching the attention of everyone in the classroom. “Who did this?” He yelled and pointed at my desk. The expression he had scared me… the best way I could describe it is that he looked like he was ready to kill someone. And when no one responded to his question, he said even louder, “WHO DID THIS?” causing some girls to cower in fear. “Jungkook, it’s not a big deal,” I said meekly as he turned to me and gave me a sympathetic look. But as quick as his expression softened, it changed again as once again, he yelled, “The Student Council does NOT tolerate bullying and vandalism!”

Immediately, a girl spoke up and said, “It was the senior girls! They asked us where Euijin-sshi’s desk was and when we told them they did this!” after confessing this, she cowered away in fear as Jungkook took my hand and dragged me out of the classroom. “Jungkook!” I tried to stop him as we weaved through the school hallways. When we entered the senior corridor, everyone gave us a weird look. Pushing through the crowd was Seokjin-sunbae who asked us what was wrong. When Jungkook explained, he repeated what Jungkook announced to our class. Sunbae has such a gentle and caring aura that again, it scared me to see such fury in his eyes. As he yelled, silence fell upon the raucous seniors and I realized the true power of the Student Council. But that silence was broken when a girl yelled, “Why’s she so special? She’s too plain to be a Platinum!” and before she could make another comment, Jungkook pulled me with him to confront her.

“If you value your education, you will apologize to Euijin.” Jungkook threatened her. She stiffened up and I could tell that the anger on his face also scared her. “Jungkook-sshi, it was just a joke, right girls?” she laughed nervously as her friends forced a laugh. “If you think this is a joke, you must have a sick sense of humour,” he said with disgust in his voice, “you’re the worst kind of human being.” Jungkook said and walked away, never letting go of my hand. “Jungkook-sshi, we’re sorry! Don’t hate us!” The girl broke down in tears. “He’s not the one you need to apologize to,” Seokjin-sunbae said coldly to her.

Before we returned to our classroom, I finally shook his grip, “Jungkook, that whole thing was unnecessary, I can protect myself.” I said with a shaky voice. “You don’t have to do that anymore, let me take care of it, let me take care of you.” He said softly but I couldn’t erase that image of his blood boiling from my mind. “I know that I’m your Platinum but I’m not some damsel in distress. Plus, you don’t even know me.” I scoffed. 


NOTE: I'm excited to get this story going. I finally figured out where I want to take this story and yes, it's inspired by a few of my favourite Japanese dramas and mangas BUT I made it my own. Thanks for reading and if you want to stay updated, don't hesitate to subscribe!