Christmas Special

Student Council

Christmas time is upon us and like many of us, the Student Council was much in the holiday spirit. The members were all excitedly preparing their gifts for each other and Seokjin was furiously putting together their Christmas feast. Euijin was having difficulties finding gifts for all of her friends.

It’s been a whirlwind of a few months since her world so severely shifted from her humble, minimal lifestyle, to that of her birth parents.

“Euijin-ah, what do you want for Christmas?” Jungkook asked as they strolled down the busy market street.

“You don’t have to get me anything.” She smiled up at him.

“But I want to!” Jungkook lightly squeezed her hand that was tucked inside of his warm pocket, “how about that?” Jungkook pointed at a sparkling bracelet.

“I almost never wear jewelry.” Euijin laughed, “If you’re going to buy me something, it should be something practical. Something that I’ll use every day.” Euijin pulled him away from the jewelry store.

Jungkook would forever have the image of Euijin at his parents’ party from about a year ago. And constantly wanted to shower her with the sparkles that resembled that of her eyes the moment she stepped out of the car.

“What should I get you?” Euijin asked Jungkook, the boy who literally had everything he ever wanted or needed. And on top of that, could buy anything he could ever want or need on his own.

“I don’t know.” He said while scanning the shop windows for something that Euijin would love.

“That’s not helpful!” Euijin playfully punched his arm.

“Okay, okay! I don’t know, something that you love and think I would love as much.” He smiled, “As long as it means something to you, it’ll mean something to me as well.” He assured her with a light kiss on the forehead.

Despite their discussion, neither of them had any clue as to what they were getting each other. They had managed to find gifts for all their friends except for each other.

That night, Euijin took over her house’s tiny living room to wrap the presents she had collected. A tin of her mom’s home-baked cookies and a box of artisan chocolates for Seokjin; a vintage polaroid camera and film for Yoongi; a book of Eastern thought and philosophy and a fluffy blanket for Namjoon; a pair of customizable headphones for Hoseok; an anime subscription for Taehyung; and a new snapback for Jimin. Soyeon and Sumin were the easiest to buy things for as they both asked for scarves that Euijin was able to craft on her own.

“Looks like you have presents for everyone, honey.” Euijin’s mother smiled over her daughter as she sipped tea from her mug.

“Yeah, but I don’t have anything for you and dad. And Jungkook is so hard to shop for!” Euijin exhaled as she wrote labels for everything.

“You don’t have to get us anything, sweetie. We’re moving into that massive house soon and that’s more than enough for your father and myself. What are you thinking for Jungkook-sshi?” she asked.

“I’m not sure. He has everything he could need and could buy everything he wants so I don’t really know.” Euijin pouted as she snuggled beside her mother.

“It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant, Euijin. Sometimes the best gifts are from the heart. It’s the thought that counts.” She said while brushing her fingers through Euijin’s hair.

Once again, Euijin exhaled as she wondered what to get her boyfriend.


Jungkook and Euijin arrived at Seokjin’s house. The space was filled with delicious aromas and the whole house was decked out with Christmas décor. They were welcomed by Seokjin and ushered into the living room where a large Christmas tree was set up with parents piled underneath. The lights of the tree glistened off the tinsel and made the tree seem like it was sparkling, adding a certain warmth through the room.

Euijin admired the tree while Jungkook mingled with everyone in the room. Everyone, except Jimin who was too busy admiring Euijin who was dressed in a beautiful lace detailed black dress. Her eyes and her overall expression were softened by the light of the Christmas tree and made her more beautiful that she already was. Jimin’s awestruck moment was broken when Soyeon and Sumin jumped onto Euijin and they began chattering excitedly. Despite this, he still looked over every once in a while to catch a glimpse of her smile.

“Jimin-sunbae is looking at you,” Soyeon nudged Euijin.

“You guys still think he’s in love with me or something?” Euijin rolled her eyes.

“It’s so obvious!” Sumin insisted, “He’s only keeping his distance because he’s a gentleman and doesn’t want to disrespect another person by stealing their girlfriend.”

“You guys need to stop making such a big deal out of this.” Euijin smiled.

Their conversation was interrupted when Jungkook pulled Euijin away from the girls, “I found some mistletoe.” He said into Euijin’s ear and whisked her away. In that instant, Euijin quickly looked over at Jimin and saw his sad expression while sipping his drink.

“So, what did you get me?” Jungkook asked playfully as they wandered through the house.

“It’s a secret.” Euijin smirked.

“I hate secrets. Remember when we promised to not keep secrets from each other?” he whined.

“Oh c’mon. You hate it when I spoil things for you.” Euijin laughed. Her laughter was broken when Jungkook suddenly pulled her towards him. Looking up, she saw the mistletoe hanging above them and when she looked back at Jungkook, his eyes were glued to her. It was the look that sent chills down her spine. The look that made her heart skip a beat. The look that always sent the message that she was the only thing that mattered to him. The two of them were quite a vision. Jungkook’s muscular frame balanced out the petite and delicateness of Euijin. In simple black and white, the couple were the epitome of style. Jungkook’s outfit of black jeans and a white dress shirt complimented by a purple bowtie and suspenders matched Euijin’s black dress and purple heels.

After performing the ritual of kissing under the mistletoe, Jungkook reached into his pocket and presented Euijin with a long blue velvet box. “Merry Christmas, Euijin.” He smiled. Tears welled up in Euijin’s eyes as she had never felt as special as she did at that moment. She opened the box to reveal a beautiful thin silver chain adorned with a silver hoop that she immediately recognized. “It’s the necklace that my mom and your birth mom wore in high school. And when you were adopted, my mom had one made for your mom. And then I had one made for you.” Jungkook smiled.

“I don’t know what to say.” Euijin said quietly as tears ran down her cheeks. She lightly punched Jungkook’s arm with a shy smile, “Why must you always make me cry?” she laughed as he engulfed her in a hug before helping her put the necklace on.

Taking him by the hand, Euijin brought them back to the living room where she was carrying Jungkook’s gift in her purse. Standing by the light of the tree, Jimin watched intently at the couple’s interaction, trying to mask his jealousy.

“I don’t think this gift compares to yours.” Euijin said before having Jungkook open the box. Hidden within the box donned with a red bow was a brushed steel watch.

“Eui, this is wonderful,” he smiled as he attached the watch to his wrist. “It’s more professional than looking at my phone all the time.” He assured her with a kiss on the forehead, “and whenever I check the time, I’ll think of you.”

Jimin had to admit to himself that the two of them were quite a sight to behold. Despite the liveliness of the party, they had managed to become the center of attention. The topic of every conversation and the buzz that emitted through the guests.

“Okay everyone!” Jin announced, hor d’ourves are set up so feel free to help yourself. I’d just ask everyone to come back so we can exchange gifts!”

When they reconvened, Jimin was the first to volunteer to hand out his gifts. And the first one he went to was Euijin. “Euijin-ah, I hope you appreciate this gift as much as I appreciate you.” He said into her ear as Jungkook looked on with a scowl. A red package was gently placed in her hands and she tried not to tremble as his words entered her ears. She opened the package which revealed a black, leather-bound book with a butterfly imprinted onto the cover. “I’ve seen your spirit when you speak about things you love, I’m sure the words you write are as beautiful.”

“Jimin-sunbae… Thank you.” Euijin smiled brightly while holding the book to her chest.


A/N: I know I'm a bit late but I wanted to put together a gift for everyone that's supported this story. It's also posted here, and it'd really help me out if you just headed over there to boost the views. Happy holidays, everyone!!