Mischievous Kiss

Student Council

Jungkook greeted me in his well-fitted suit accented by a black bowtie that made him look ridiculously cute. I was awestruck by how beautiful it was, “You live here?” I blurted out after he helped me out of the car. “Yeah,” he laughed, “you look beautiful that dress really suits you.” He smiled and his compliment snapped me out of my daze, sending the blood to my cheeks. “Thank you,” I blushed and looked down at my feet. “I’m really glad you came,” he escorted me up the steps towards the entrance of the house, or rather, mansion. I was slightly overwhelmed by the number of people there and asked Jungkook why we were all here. “My parents host a semi-annual dinner. My mom for all the other members of the board for school as well as all of her clients and my dad for all of his contacts.” He explained.

He led me through the crowd of adults but were stopped by a beautiful older woman and her incredibly handsome husband. “This must be Euijin, you’ve grown to be a beautiful young woman.” She smiled and gave me a hug which left me confused. “We’re glad you’re here for our little get together. Jungkook was worried you might not come.” Mr. Jeon chuckled as Jungkook blushed. “Oh, it’s nice of you to invite me, I’ve never been to a party like this before. Thank you for having me.” I smiled and bowed. “Jungkook has told us so much about you.” Mrs. Jeon said with excitement as Jungkook hastily cut into the conversation, “Sorry mom, I need to uh… introduce Euijin to someone,” he struggled to come up with an excuse.

Jungkook continued guiding me towards the game room where the people our age were. “What does your mom do?” I asked him since neither Sumin nor Soyeon told me. “She’s the CEO of a marketing firm for a lot of international brands trying to break into Korea.” He said as my jaw dropped. His mom is my ultimate career goal – I want to be her.

Scanning the room, I recognized all the members of the Student Council chatting it up with several people at a time but they all dropped their conversations to greet me. “Euijin-sshi, you are a vision. I’m really glad you came. I’d love to introduce you to my mom later,” Taehyung said as Jimin nodded with an adorable eye smile. I was informed that Seokjin-sunbae’s parents had put together the menu for the evening and I became very excited for dinner. “Sunbae, do you cook well too?” I asked him. He responded with a light chuckle and a dashing smile that made me feel a bit dizzy, “I try to, I’m not as good as my parents.” He said humbly. “I’m sure sunbaenim’s girlfriend loves having him cook for her,” I smiled as he chuckled again. “Jin-hyung doesn’t have a girlfriend even though he has tons of girls falling at his feet for him,” Hoseok-sunbae laughed.

While I chatted with the Council, Jungkook came up behind me and whispered in my ear, “I have to show you something,” and took me by the hand and guided me outside towards the garden. The fountain looked familiar for some reason but it was truly something out of a Studio Ghibli movie. Though it was autumn time, the grass was still lush and green which contrasted beautifully with the yellowing leaves.

“You wanted to show me this?” I asked, taking a seat on the stairs leading down to the garden. He sat beside me and put his suit jacket over my shoulders, “I’m sorry if I’m a massive jerk sometimes. To be honest, it’s out of instinct. My dad always told me, ‘Jungkook, if you want to be successful at anything, you need to reach out and grab it and never let go’” he said and imitated his father quite well. “That is a good way to approach life but maybe not the best way to approach girls,” I giggled, “But I forgive you, I’m not exactly the most pleasant person to get to know.” I relented.

“The truth is, Euijin, is that I really like you and I guess I’m a bit overwhelming, I’ll admit it.” He exhaled with a smile on his face. “A little?” I laughed and lightly shoved him with my shoulder, “I guess I like you,” I said quietly. I’m pretty sure I saw his ears perk up when I said that as he cocked his head at me with an adorably annoying smile, “What was that?” I refused to repeat it, “If you didn’t hear it, that’s your fault because I’m not saying it.” I turned my head away from him. “You like me! Hwang Euijin likes me!” he shouted to the gardens as I turned back at him to correct him but again, like we’re in some stupid drama, his lips touch mine and we kiss again.


AN: Probably won't be able to update this weekend =( I'll be working for the next few days and celebrating my birthday after my marathon at work so please bare with me. In the meantime, check out the oneshots I've posted?? xoxo