Fairy Godsisters

Student Council

The morning of the party, I awoke to a beautifully made up woman sitting in my desk chair and watching me sleep. “MOM!” I screamed as the woman smiled as she stood up and approached me. “Mr. Jungkook told me you were beautiful.” She said, pushing the hair out of my face that was heating up from the compliment. My mom walked into my room with a teapot and greeted the woman, “Your tea, Ms. Kang,” my mom said politely, “Oh please, call me Jiyong,” she replied. I wiped the drool off my face, “mom, you let her in my room?” I asked, throwing my blankets off me and getting up to brush my hair. “Sorry honey, she insisted. She’s the makeup artist Jungkook-sshi sent to help you get ready for the party.

“We’re not supposed to start until the afternoon, why are you here so early?” I tried to ask as nicely as possible. “Well, to put on beautiful makeup, we must start with a foundation on an already beautiful face,” she smiled at me as she pulled out a bag of products.

And it began. Steam masks, mud masks, sheet masks, moisturizing masks as well as plucking at my eyebrows but before she started on my makeup, another lady appeared in my room, introducing herself as Shin Boram and she was here to do my hair. “Euijin-sshi, you have beautiful hair. Jungkook-sshi has great taste.” She squealed as once again, I flushed at the compliment. She put my hair in curlers before Jiyong-unnie started my makeup. Priming and powdering my face, I snuck a look at the mirror and was amazed by how flawless and perfect my skin looked. She filled in my eyebrows before moving on to my eyes. At this point, she turned me away from the mirror to keep my look a surprise. She finished my eyes and filled in my lips with a pretty pink lipstick, “Can I look yet?” I asked as she brushed blush on my cheeks. “Not yet, your hair’s not done yet. But I can guarantee that you’ll floor Jungkook.” She laughed and winked at me.

Finally, Boram-unnie took out the curlers and brushed through my hair a bit before spraying some product through. She gathered a few pieces of my hair and pulled it behind my head and added a clip before primping my hair a few more times and exhaled out of satisfaction. Before unveiling their ‘masterpiece’, as they call me, they helped me into my dress and shoes before turning me around to face the mirror. I could cry at how I looked. I’m not one to wear much makeup because I always thought it was a mask to hide behind but Jiyong-unnie made me look like me but 100 times better. My eyes started watering and Boram-unnie handed me a tissue to dot my eyes, “mascara might be waterproof but the rest of you makeup isn’t.” she smiled proudly and gave me a hug.

Jungkook managed to pick pieces of clothing that not only fit my style but made me look… beautiful.

I went downstairs to my mom oo-ing and ah-ing. “Euijin, you’re beautiful,” she said with tears welling up in her eyes. My dad had his arm wrapped around her waist and nodded at me with a massive smile on his face as well. They walked me out to the car where Jungkook’s driver was waiting with me with the door opened. I recognized him from my day at the amusement park with Jungkook and a flush of embarrassment came upon my face as I recalled my stubbornness that night. “It’s nice to see you again Ms. Hwang.” He greeted me with a kind smile as I bowed. I waved to my parents as they watched the car pull away. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Boram-unnie and Jiyong-unnie high-five each other and give me a thumbs up.