Forgive; Never Forget

Student Council

I wasn’t surprised when Jungkook didn’t come to school after the weekend was over. After our little dispute, it’s hard to tell where we stand. I’m sure after accusing him of doing all of those things that last thing he wanted was to see me and feel responsible for my troubles. I really don’t trust anyone at the moment. Even Soyeon and Sumin avoided me for the day after seeing how out of it I was.

School just seemed to come and go and I slowly dragged my feet home until about half way, I just couldn’t bare the weight anymore. Dropping to my knees in the middle of the sidewalk, I began to cry again. I’ve never felt so weak before. All my strength had been taken away by this revelation that makes it seem like the past 16 years of my life have been a lie because everyone around me had been keeping a massive secret from me. It’s hard to just go back to everyday life after hearing your parents are actually dead.

After being rudely called out for blocking the sidewalk, I moved to the steps of a shop where I continued to cry. Both wishing Jungkook were here to comfort mebut also wishing he had never come back into my life.

“Platinum-sshi! Why do I always run into you like this?” a familiar voice said. Looking up, I see Jimin-sunbae again, reaching his hand out to me. This time, I couldn’t trust him. It just felt so wrong. I wasn’t Platinum anymore and thus, don’t deserve the help of the Student Council. “C’mon Euijin, do you really want all these people to see you cry?” he asked me, his hand never wavering.

“I could not care less at this point.” I said coldly while wiping my tears with my sleeves.

“Let’s go,” he said. And with those two quick words, he grabbed my bag and slipped his hand into mine and began weaving me through the crowd of people heading home from work. I eventually stopped recognizing the landmarks of the city when we finally reached our destination. For some reason, I never resisted his pull on my hand. I guess I do have some bit of trust left.

With a swipe of a card from his pocket, the doors of the massive luxury apartment complex opened and we were greeted by two doormen, both calling Jimin-sunbae, “Young Master Jimin”.

When we got in the elevator, I finally asked him, “Where are we?”

To which he let out a light chuckle, “My apartment, duh?” he joked as I gave him a look, “Mine and Tae’s parents are always somewhere across the world scouting new talent or at some technology conference so when they’re gone, we stay in my parents’ estate. It’s better than staying by ourselves at home.” He explained.

“Oh that’s nice of your parents to buy an apartment for you.” I nodded and again, he chuckled.

“No, they bought the building… we just keep one suite for ourselves so our family can stay here when they visit.” My jaw dropped at that final sentence. His parents own this whole building. And again, another piece of the hierarchy at school began to make sense. The Royals at school probably live on one of the properties the Council’s parents own.

When the elevator stopped, Jimin-sunbae entered a passcode before the elevator doors opened, revealing a glistening white loft with a beautiful view of the city. As I scanned the room, I locked eyes with Jungkook and my body froze. I couldn’t face him like this. I still wasn’t sure how I’m feeling about myself let alone Jungkook.

Sensing the fear resonating off me, Jimin-sunbae turned to face me, “Jungkook’s worried. Give him a chance to explain. He’s a bit of a jerk sometimes but trust me when I say that you’re one of the handful of people that he actually cares about.” He said before giving me a light kiss on my forehead, causing all the blood in my face to rush to that one spot for some reason.

When he stepped out of the elevator, I saw Taehyung-sunbae give him a subtle highfive while Jungkook gave him a death glare, “What? I’ve been wanting to do that for a while.” Jimin-sunbae smirked as soon as Jungkook landed a punch on his arm.

With every step, he approached me and like the first time we spoke to each other at school, I felt the need to back up, cornering myself in the elevator. And just like the first time we spoke, he approached me and leaned against the wall with his forearm above my head and his forehead almost touching mine.

“How am I supposed to gain your forgiveness this time?” he said sadly. Trying to avoid his eyes, I looked down at my shoes. “Please Euijin, if you would stop running from me and talk to me, I can explain.” He pleaded while I continued looking down at my shoes, watching my tears fall on them.

“I’m the one that should be asking for you to forgive me. After all those horrible things I said to you, you must hate me.” I sobbed and he let out a light laugh. He lifted my head up to look into his eyes, eyes that were pooling with tears as well. When he wiped mine from my face, a single drop rolled down his cheek and I instinctively reached up to wipe it away.

“Euijin, I could never hate you,” he smiled, “Our moms were best friends. Sisters even. Your mom was the first and only Platinum before I named you mine. From the day I met you when we were 4 years old, I knew you were going to be my Platinum. It’s in your blood but also, I’ve always just known you were meant for me.”


A/N: I want to thank everyone for reading my story, I really enjoyed writing this and I'm glad to read all your feedback. I don't plan for this to be the end of this story but who knows, we'll see. xoxo