Platinum

Student Council

The next day, Soyeon and Sumin waited by my desk and the moment I showed up for class they asked, “What do you mean? There’s never been an election for seats in student council.” Soyeon stated. “Well, of course there must be a first time for everything, how else are things supposed to change?” I shrugged as I pulled out all my books, pens and pencils. “Things don’t change around here, Euijin,” Sumin said, “this school’s been around for over 50 years and it’s always been like this.” She added on as I rolled my eyes. Despite all their refusals, I insisted on initiating an election, I was going to take down Jeon Jungkook and finally show this school how democracy works. The bell rang, signalling the start of class, but instead of the teacher walking in to start class, Jungkook strolled in and locked eyes with me. Is he in this class? Does he even go to class?

“Hwang Euijin, you are my platinum.” He said to the class with a smile before sitting at the only empty desk in the room, closely followed by the teacher walking in to finally start class as if nothing had happened. Platinum? What does that mean?

When lunch time finally hit, Soyeon and Sumin rushed to me before the mob of girls gathered around my desk. “We have to go,” they said in unison, pulling me from the classroom, up to the roof. “Okay, why did he just call me his platinum? What does that even mean? And how can he just claim me as his?” the questions rolled out of my mouth as Soyeon explained, “If a member of Student Council gets a girlfriend or has any feelings for someone, she’s automatically called the Platinum. It means she is an unofficial member of the Student Council and basically acts like his first lady.” I tried to make sense of this but nothing clicked, “Hold on, I don’t even know him, I’m not his girlfriend.” I emphasized. “He must have some feelings for you then because only one person in the history of the Student Council has taken a Platinum.” Sumin patted my head as I still tried to process all of this.

“Okay, this is just ridiculous,” I stood up and left the roof to find Jungkook. As usual, he was in the Student Council room on his ‘throne’ of sorts. “I am not your Platinum!” I half-yelled while throwing the door open. Everyone in the room but Jungkook looked completely shocked while he had the most annoying smirk on his face, “That’s not for you to decide.” He smiled and stood up, slowly approaching me. For some reason, with every step he took, I felt the blood rush to my face, “I’m not your property!” I tried to stand my ground but I instinctively began to step backwards. “I’m running for class president and when I win, you won’t be in the position to claim someone as an object.” I struggled to get my argument across as he continued to approach me. I found myself pushed up against the wall with Jungkook leaning over me, “Why bother? I’ll just win anyway.” He said confidently. “You are so full of yourself,” I exhaled before finally picking up my dignity and storming out of the room.


NOTE: first of all, thanks for reading =) Secondly, I did take elements from my favourite manga, bonus points if you can name that manga!
These updates will be a lot shorter compared to the first chapter, hope you don't mind! xoxo