Girls Talk

Student Council

I could not be more excited for semester break. After the whole polling scandal at school, I had become a pariah to the point where not even the teachers would dare to call on me. Thank goodness for Soyeon and Sumin as they still acted like nothing had happened. I had accepted my position in Student Council and found peace in the Student Council room where the three of us tended to hang out at lunch and whenever we didn’t have to be in the classroom.

“Do you have any plans for the break?” I asked them as both of them shrugged, “And what does that mean?” I asked. “My parents planned to take me skiing but I don’t think that’s going to happen since my dad’s been on the phone a lot lately so chances are, he’s not even going to be in the country for the trip,” Soyeon sighed as Sumin did the same, “Yeah, we were supposed to go to Tokyo to visit my aunt but it turns out that she’s going to be out of the country so we’ll probably stay here.” As much as I felt upset for them, I was excited because that meant I had people to hang out with during the break. My parents couldn’t afford to take me on a one day vacation let alone anything as extravagant as a ski trip.

The moment I started asking them if they wanted to make plans, Jungkook jumped in, “My parents are taking me and some of the guys to our lodge in the mountains, want to join us?” he asked. I was about to say we would think about it but Soyeon and Sumin jumped on the opportunity and agreed. “Awesome, we’re leaving on Saturday morning, we’ll come by with Taehoon-hyung to pick all of you up.” He smiled and kissed my temple. I guess over the past month or so, Jungkook had grown on me. His arrogance was still unbearable a times but underneath, I knew that his arrogance and lack for respect of the opinions of others was just his overwhelming confidence. I’d like to think I had managed to soften him up and play a positive influence on him as he had started going to class more often.

As Sumin and Soyeon joyfully planned what we could do while in the mountains, I was more worried about the very simple fact that I had never stayed away from my parents let alone gone skiing or anything of that sort. “Euijin-sshi, what’s wrong?” They saw the blank look on my face. “Oh, I’m fine, I just realized that I forgot my book in my desk.” I smiled. They both stood up and offered to walk with me due to my recent falling in favour with the student body. Despite the Student Council telling the bullies to stand down, it still happened behind my back.

Although I managed to get away from Sumin and Soyeon, Jungkook still tailed me and put his arm around my shoulders while we walked down the hallway. “What is it now? Scared you’re going to fall on your while we go ski?” he laughed lightly as I frowned, “C’mon Euijin, don’t shut me out.” He stopped me and forced me to face him. “I’ve never gone skiing before, I’ve never even stayed a night away from my parents.” I exhaled. Of course, he laughed at me, “Oh that? Don’t worry, it will be a ton of fun and I’ll make sure you don’t fall too hard.” He assured me.

I couldn’t tell him why I had never done those things nor could I tell him not to pick me up at my house. This was supposed to be a nice, fun, relaxing break from school but here I am, worrying about the logistics of it all. “Now what else is wrong?” Jungkook asked, noticing I was still down. “Nothing, just excited.” I lied and faked a smile. I could tell he wasn’t going with it that easily but regardless, he did anyway.

“Euijin!” Sumin ran to me, “do you want to sleepover on Friday night? Soyeon and I thought it would be fun if we had a girls’ night and it’d be easier for us to wake up in the morning if we were all together. What do you think?” she asked and answered the burning worry in the back of my mind, “That sounds awesome!” I said, trying not to sound relieved.

When Friday came, the nerves started to build as once again, I did not know how to behave at a slumber party. The logistics of sleeping over at an unfamiliar place just threw my routine off. My mom, on the other hand, was over the moon that I had made friends and happily helped me pack my bag for the trip. My dad had offered to drive me to Sumin’s house on his beat up delivery motorcycle but I happily declined. The first semester of school had been dramatic enough, I didn’t need another thing to blow up about me.

Hanging out with Sumin and Soyeon out of school was different but they were really the only genuine people in that school aside from the Student Council. We did the things that I had researched about slumber parties and sleepovers. Watching movies, pampering ourselves and gossip. Oh the gossip! “Euijin-sshi, why didn’t you like Jungkook to begin with?” Sumin asked me as she painted my nails. “Well, he just rubbed me the wrong way. How would you feel if some guy you don’t even know announced to the school that he wanted you to be his Platinum?” I asked hypothetically. “I would be ecstatic.” Sumin smiled. “Especially if that guy was Taehyung-sunbae!” Soyeon giggled. “You like Taehyung?” I asked her and she blushed, “He’s really sweet and kind. I think you two would be a good match.” I smiled at her.

“But I’ve seen how Jimin and Jin sunbaes look at you.” Sumin changed the subject. “Yeah, they always look at you and have that smile on their face. Especially when you smile or do that thing with your hair.” Soyeon agreed. “What hair thing?” I asked as I pushed my long bangs back to the side. “That thing!” they both said. I simply laughed at their unison, “No way, Jin-sunbae is like an older brother. He always watches over me. And Jimin-sunbae is just being nice. He’s always taking care of everyone in the Council,” I brushed it off as they looked at each other, “Plus, they’re the most loyal group of guys, they wouldn’t do that to Jungkook.” I said. “Well they’ll be there at the lodge, maybe they’ll make a move.” Sumin laughed.


A/N: I guess you could call this a filler chapter but I really want to build Eujin and Jungkook's relationship before I "drop the bomb" per se =P Thanks for reading my loves, I never expected to gain so much readership on my little idea =)