Fine

Student Council

I went to school early so that I could file my petition for a school by-election. My previous judgement of the high aptitude of this school’s teachers was shattered when they all laughed at the “ridiculous idea”. My homeroom teacher tried her best to stifle her laughs while she explained to me, “Euijin-sshi, we don’t do elections here.” Which of course I asked, “Why not? How else did you choose the Student Council?” With a puzzled and annoyed look. “They were chosen by us, the faculty as well as the board of directors.” She replied with a smile that bothered me even more. “That isn’t fair, Jungkook’s mom is on the board of directors – that’s biased. Why not let the students choose who represents them?” I asked. “Well, we’ve never heard the students complain about the Student Council. Why try to fix something that’s not broken?” She shot back as I finally gave up and stormed out of the teachers’ room, catching wind of how I knew nothing about this school.

For the rest of the day, I was in a bad mood and I commend Sujin and Soyeon for trying to make me feel better but nothing was going to rid the bitter taste I had in my mouth from the blatant disregard for democracy in this school. And despite my refusals for his company, Jungkook made it adamant that I was his Platinum and that he was my protector. Much to Soyeon and Sumin’s enjoyment, Jungkook invited himself to eat lunch with us. “So Jungkook-sshi, why did you choose Euijin as your Platinum?” Soyeon asked, trying not to giggle too much. I buried my head in my hands due to the embarrassment, hoping he wouldn’t answer but he did, “She’s smart, strong, independent but also caring, gentle, and easy to love.” He said gently while my friends cooed. “That’s so sweet.” Sumin sighed. When I took a peek between my fingers, I saw that Jungkook was only looking at me and I got extremely flustered.

The funny thing is that I’m pretty sure that I have feelings for Jungkook as well. I will openly admit that I refuse acknowledging them because that will only distract me from the goal I’ve set for myself and nothing will get in the way of that. Even if he’s gentlemanly, well spoken, gentle, and kind with his big brown eyes and perfect white smile – oh my god, stop it Euijin. Part of the reason why I was avoiding reciprocating my feelings for Jungkook is because of the bullying. Yes, it bothers me but no, I don’t let it show, the first thing these girls are looking for in me is a sign of weakness and I refuse to let it show. Their gossip bounces off the walls and follows me as I walk down the hallways.

Spending the next few days trying to avoid Jungkook didn’t make things better but hey, they didn’t make things worse so that’s good right? I shot down every attempt he had of eating lunch with me or walking me home or anything along those lines. It was exhausting to say the least… he was so damn persistent.

Finally, we’ve reached the weekend. All I had to do was wait out the last few hours of class and made a bolt for the door and this hellish week will be over. When the final bell rang and we were dismissed, I quickly bid adieus to my only two friends and I fought my way through the sea of students to my shoe locker and there he was. This little pest, how did he get down here so fast? He was in the classroom when I said bye to Soyeon and Sumin so how did he? Oh forget it, I don’t know why I bother trying to figure him out.

“Excuse me,” I said with a dead glare while I reached to open my locker. “You’re excused.” He said with a smirk. “Can I help you with something? Why can’t you just leave me alone?” I exhaled. I’m so done with being caught in his web like a pathetic little fly. “You’re my Platinum and I have to protect you. And yes, go out on a date with me,” He asked. “The reason why I’m getting bullied is because you call me your stupid Platinum. You don’t even know you’re the one causing me all this trouble,” I rolled my eyes and pushed him aside to grab my shoes. I pulled on my tattered Nikes and began to walk out until I felt a hand wrapped around my arm, pulling me back. Jungkook turned me towards him and looked deeply into my eyes, “I’m fully aware that I’m causing you trouble, that’s why I’m obligated to take care of you.” He said seriously.

At that point, a crowd had gathered around the two of us, watching this drama unfold and now, I’m more than uncomfortable. Exasperated, I gave up, “Fine, I’ll go on a date with you. Just stop making a huge scene out of everything.” 


NOTE: Thanks so much for reading a piece of my imagination. It's going to be a slow build up but I'm planning something big so stay updated and subscribe to be notified when I update!