Mr. Not-So-Arrogant

Student Council

“I tolerate you.” I said. “Well, that’s improvement.” He smiled, appearing quite satisfied with himself.

After walking around the park, we decided to leave and get dinner. Sitting down for a couple of bowls of noodles, Jungkook asked me, “What’s your problem with me, really?” he said seriously. “You know my problem,” I said to which he quickly shot back, “No really, what is it?” he repeated. “You want to know Jungkook?” I said, looking directly at him and he nodded, “I think you’re arrogant, full of yourself, and you think that everything is something you can own.”

Jungkook leaned back in his chair as he processed the words that I just shot at him. He let out a laugh, “And you’re the one that said I don’t know you. That’s really rich.” He was right. I had based my judgements off of nothing but I was fully set on resisting every inkling of a romantic feeling I had towards him. “You know what I think of you?” he asked me. “I didn’t ask what you think of me.” I said while eating my noodles. “I think you’re a princess that thinks she knows everything when she actually doesn’t.” he said at me. I exhaled as I looked up at him, “You sure know how to charm a girl,” and smirked, standing up and storming out of the restaurant.

I tried walking home but alas, I was in an area that I did not know up from down. I just needed to find a subway station and I should be good, the problem is that there wasn’t anyone on the streets. That damn Jungkook basically brought me to the middle of nowhere. I heard a car rolling behind me and I turned to see a familiar black Mercedes with tinted black windows. I huffed and continued to walk towards the end of the street. “I’ll give you a ride home,” I heard Jungkook call at me. “No, I obviously know where I’m going to I don’t need your help.” I said sarcastically. Over the engine of the car, I heard Jungkook exhale with frustration, “Get in the damn car, Euijin.” Spinning on my heels, I was ready to give him a piece of my mind but I saw the regret on his face and my words stopped.

The car stopped and he stepped out, reaching out towards me. As much as I wanted to continue on my own, I had to give in, I didn’t know where I was going and I was scared of what might happen if I tried getting home from here. Jungkook helped me in the car and once again, we sat in silence. It was a battle of who was going to apologize first and I do not lose. “I’m not giving up until you admit that you like me.”

“Why can’t you just take a hint? Not everyone likes you!” I half-yelled at him and saw his driver peer at me through the rear-view mirror. “I know not everyone likes me, in fact, I’m aware that a lot of people dislike me but please, stop lying to me and yourself Euijin. You had fun today.” He said, exasperated at my front. “No, I was wrong for doubting my judgement about you, you are completely full of yourself and,” He forced me to stop as he pressed his lips against mine. Normally, I would resist an advance like this but it felt right and… I kissed back. “You were saying?” when he pulled away.

“You’re so arrogant.” A smile snuck out.