Chapter Seven

Find Yourself First

"PRINSEUNG! Faster! The guys are already here!" 

"Wait! Something fell!" 

"What do you mean something fell!?" Taecwoon yelled at the second floor from the living room. "Yah! Just look for it when we get home! We're running late! Do you even want to see your 'savior' or not?!" With the mention of the word 'savior', Prinseung rushed down and even passed her brother to get to the car that was already waiting for them outside the gates. 

"Ugh! We're late!" Taecwoon, being the eldest, had to switch off all the appliances to make sure their house would still be a house when they returned, locked the door and made his way out of the gates and into the white and shiny Range Rover Sport, and sped off to the hospital. 

                 

           As usual, the 'boy-dash-friend' sat beside his 'girl-dash-friend'. With Won Shik on the driver's seat, beside him was Taecwoon, and behind the two were Hong Bin, Prinseung and Sang Hyuk. Hak Yeon and Jae Hwan sat way at the back of the vehicle. The segmented groups seem to have different conversations at a time, creating another noise. The only soft- speakers were Hong Bin and Prinseung. 

"You said you had something to tell me?" Hong Bin started. 

"Oh that? I'll keep it with myself for the mean time. I hope you dont mind." Prinseung said with a sheepish smile, however her eyes showed something else. Hong Bin just nodded before wrapping an arm around her, and using his other hand to place her head on his chest gently. 

"If you're tired, just sleep." He kissed her forehead lightly. 

            Not too long after, Hong Bin felt that someone hit his head causing him to move a bit forward. He weaved a relieved sigh when he noticed that Prinseung seemed to have not felt the slight movement at all since she was still sleeping. Then, the boy turned his head slightly to his right, enough to see who did the crime. Hak Yeon and Jae Hwan just sat there, laughing at the two's scenario at the moment- they silently, throwing hearts at their greatest "ship". Hong Bin, on the other hand, couldn't do anything but look out the window and hold Prinseung in his arms. 

 

 

Seoul International Hospital

 

"Hey guys come on, it's this way." Taecwoon leaded after finding out the details from the front desk. He was about to proceed but something called his attention. 

"Yah. Hong Bin-ah, let go of my sister's hand." The mentioned boy immediately followed his what was said but Prinseung stumbled backwards. Foretunately for her, Hong Bin was able to catch her slim back. 

"Prinseung-ah!" Everyone chorused and made their way to the girl who was now completely dependent on Hong Bin's arms to keep her standing. 

"Blood... Blood!" The youngest boy saw the streak of a red substance make its way down her nose. 

"Help! Help! Somebody help!" This was the last thing Prinseung heard before darkness intruded her. 

 

"And when those start rising, there are possibilities where she may experience black outs, or migraines, anxiety and panic attacks."

Taecwoon turned around to the low voice that called him. It was the nurse from the desk earlier before Seungie passed out. The nurse asked him if he was the girl's guardian to which he said 'yes'. She then asked the boy to follow her out to the doctor's office. Before leaving the room, he gave the remaining boys who sat on the couches against the wall a meaningful nod. However, there were only four boys on the couches, one was missing. Taecwoon glanced at his sister who laid on the bed peacefully and noticed that the missing boy had his head lowered on the bed worriedly. Taecwoon finally stepped out of the ward and followed the nurse who was getting further and further from him. In a flash, the nurse left him and Taecwoon found himself in the same position seven years ago. He twisted the door knob and entered the room. 

"Jung Taecwoon." The man that sat behind the table gave the latter a small welcome smile. 

"Jong In." 

"Even though it's a good thing that I haven't seen the Jungs in years, i'm still hurt when you don't text me." The boy jested but stopped right away when he saw the latter's unchanging expression. "I heard about what happened. I told you guys to take care right?" The doctor said.

"What happened this time, Doc?" Leo cut him straight to the point. 

"Well. There's a good side and a bad side to what just happened to her. The good side; she's starting to remember all or if not, parts of what she lost seven years ago. Something must've triggered these memories to come back to her." He paused for a second. "But the bad part; something unexpected like these black outs might happen more frequently. I know you're wondering why: it seems like she is not able to take in all the stress. We don't know what's going through her mind yet as of now so we still need to conduct oral tests. It's possible that she might be hearing voices in her head which she can't put a face on, or maybe some parts of her memory just flashes out of nowhere.

"Leo hyung. You, aunt and uncle. You need to keep an eye on her- these episodes can happen at any time. Someone needs to be there when it happens."

           Althought the younger male kept on talking, when he looked up from his papers and fixed his eyes on Taecwoon, the boy seemed as if he wasn't listening. 

"Hyung! Did you even hear what I said?" The latter woke up from his deep thoughts and tried to hide the confusion in him when he looked at the person in front of him. 

"Yeah..." He replied, and left the room. 

            After trudging down the hallways of the ever so clean hospital, Taecwoon found the room which was supposedly 'Hyuk-Ravi-N-Ken-Hongbin' proof and twisted the knob...

 

 

           Meanwhile, Mark and Seul Ki have been looking forward for their visitor for about two hours now.

"Isn't she supposed to be here by now?" Mark noticed the time while browsing through twitter and pointed out that the girl he had saved is quite late.

"Well, yeah. But maybe she's just stuck in traffic. I'll call her anyway." Just when Seul Ki was about to pick up her phone that sat on the side table beside Mark's hospital bed, the latch of the wooden door clicked. Mark and Seul Ki raised there heads from their phones with high expectations that the visitor would be the one they've been waiting for. 

        The door creaked as it was pushed wider, revealing a familiar man to their surprise. The person by the door did not wait for their approval before entering and walked slowly to the two who looked nothing but baffled by the appearance of a man from the past. 

"Why are you here?"

"Yah! I'm your fiancee's doctor, of course I have to stop by a few times." The man said, which made Mark wince at the mention of the word 'fiancee'. "And you!" He looked at Mark this time. "What did you do this time around?" He chuckled lightly. 

"Wah. How did YOU become my doctor? Wasn't Dr. Kim my doctor?" Mark raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Well, based on my birth certificate, I'm a 'Kim' too. Kim Jong In." He claimed, causing Mark to snicker at him. 

"Oppa!" Seul Ki made it obvious for him that she was still there in the room. "I'm here too!"

"Oh yes! My favourite classmate in high school!" He opened his arms to her but the girl only stayed in her position. Mark could only smile at the two. "Well. Time's not gonna wait for me. I need to get going, just stopped by when I heard you were here." Jong In said to the other boy. 

"Have a lot on the plate, oppa?" Seul Ki asked out of curiousity. 

"Not really, I just need to check up on a patient I missed the most." The couple nodded at him. "See you guys later, and Mark," he called the latter out. "Soju when you get out, alright?" This made all three of them chuckle. 

"Sure thing, man!" Mark replied enthusiastically and the busy man left the room. 

 

 

               Taecwoon finally entered the room and witnessed another yet surprising moment of the day. First of all, the rest of the boys whom's care he had left Prinseung, was no longer seated in the couch. Not only that, now he was sure that  something was fishy between his one and only sister, and his best friend since the 90's. The boy who was seated next to the hospital bed, sat with his back facing the door from which Taecwoon has entered. His sister was still in deep slumber on her sleepy pillow, while the boy had his head laid on his own arm and faced the girl. When the concerned brother walked closer to the two he had noticed that they're hands were together. To be specific, Hong Bin's hand was on top of Prinseung's fingers perhaps so that he wouldn't interrupt the flow of the liquid attached to the girl. Hong Bin, too, was sleeping but that didn't stop Taecwoon.

                He patted the boy's back a bit harder that usual to make to sure he'd wake up immediately. And it happened so since Hong Bin was a light sleeper. He saw that it was Taecwoon who had woken him up so he had done nothing else but go back to sleep. 

'Aish.This boy is still like this.' Taecwoon thought.He patted the boy's back once again and said; "Let's talk outside." Knowing his best friend well, Hong Bin sat up straight and quickly followed Taecwoon out the door, not forgetting to glance back at Prinseung before leaving.

                 The older boy walked and walked and walked without even looking back to see if the other had really followed him. He just walked straight out of the building and into the garden of the hospital, which was luckily on the same floor. He paused and a few seconds later, heard the foot steps against the freshly watered evergreen and turned around to face his friend, with hands in his pockets.

"What.. what happened to your talk with the doctor? Is she gonna be okay?" Hong Bin nervously asked his older friend. 

"Has Prinseung been telling you about..." Taecwoon stammered a bit with his words. "About... something that happened seven years ago?" And even though Hong Bin was surprised with the type of question that was asked, he managed to slightly sway his head from side to side. 

Hong Bin awkwardly repeated his first question knowing that Taecwoon might not want to talk about what ever he asked about. But like any other time he asked Taecwoon a question, his answer was always something else. 

"Back then, seven years ago. Before you guys got to meet her...Seung got into an accident." Hong Bin now looked like he wanted to ask so many questions, while is eyes were wide open compared to a few minutes ago. "She ran out of the house. You know how reckless that girl can be." He bitterly chuckled at his own statement. "But I guess she didn't really notice where she was going...I followed her out and ran as fast as I could. But I couldn't see her. It was night and it was dark and I didn't know where she could've gone. Ma and Pa already asked the village officials to look for her. They too went around in circles looking for her." Taecwoon took a few seconds to breathe before resuming with the dreadful past. "Then I heard her scream. I knew that it was her. I'm her brother after all. So I ran after the voice that I heard and it led me around a dark alleyway. Even though it was dark, I saw clearly what those drunkards were doing to her...

They tried to Prinseung..." A tear rolled down from the loving brother's eye. "I did everything I could to get them off my sister. But three of them held me back and made me watch her get harrassed. She cried so much. And I couldn't even do anything to save her." Hong Bin stood beside Taecwoon giving him comfort through pats on his back, while he himself didn't know what to say to him. He never thought they went through such things. That she went through such things. 

"When my parents came, with some people, we brought Prinseung over to this hospital. And thankfully, nothing much happened to her, she only suffered from minor injuries. But when she woke up the next day, she couldn't remember me or ma or pa. Nor did she remember what happened to us the night before. Anything before that was erased too.

But now... she's starting to remember." Taecwoon could no longer hide away his tears that hit the grass continously. "What if she remembers what happened that night? What if she remembers what... we can't lose her man... 

 

"I don't want her to leave us."

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So here it is guuuys!

How was this chapter? :D It's about to get messier. ;)